TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL2] Park Set - Update 3.0!

Hello all

It´s been a long way but the beta will start soon, so i decided to make my first, serious flatride for TPS.

Here are the pictures:

Please keep in mind that it´s not finished, yet.

Another problem and maybe you can help me out:

I found no pictures of the "tilt mechanism" which lowers the tripod to load / unload the gondolas. Maybe someone could send me a reference picture? That would be really great! If a picture of the mechanism exist. If not, i will try to make "my own version" of the mechanism.

More updates coming soon!

Greetings, Magu (formerly known as freefall)

Edited by freefallXL

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are amazing

Thank you I´m just beginning to make some flatrides

Wow, a SkyWhirl! Oh the vague childhood memories. Not sure exactly which tilt mechanism you're looking for, but maybe this video will help?

Thank you so much! A really cool video of the ride! Now i have some sounds, too! YAY =D The mechanism is a simple hydraulic tilt, interesting Again: thank you very much!

Ooh, sweet! (Let the childhood memories commence...not that I have actually ridden it but I remember hearing this ride in action and it's high pitched "Whirr" noise it did.)

I know the sounds on tape are sometimes louder than in real-life.. but that thing must have been really loud in the past. And i noticed, i have modeled the engines wrong. The question is if a newer technic would make it

Thank you all for the response. It´s really nice to read that the real ride had made some memories!

In between i worked at another attraction. A simple Observation Tower:

The whirl and the tower are not re-creations! I try to produce my personal style. It´s not perfect like the real rides at all

Glad to see you making the move here! I'm still waiting on some other sets from you, but it's glad to see you working! I've been completely out of the game and probably will be for some time, so keep on doing whatever you feel!

Glad to see you making the move here! I'm still waiting on some other sets from you, but it's glad to see you working! I've been completely out of the game and probably will be for some time, so keep on doing whatever you feel!

Hey grrt Thank you I do work on "the other set", but the progress is slow. At the moment, JG59 and i have a "Halloween special" in the works and we try to get it ready until Halloween start I hope you´ll return! Have a nice weekend!

I hate that ride, but your model of it looks beautiful.

Nice work!

Thank you! I think you´ll love the smasher if you hate the Paratrooper

A small story:

Modelling in such a way is new for me. I decided to make something difficult: a seat. You can laugh, but to model a seat wasn´t easy at the beginning. I came up with something like this:

MGrides2013AfterburnerV2.jpg.807a48314600d521a7cea69fd779b6ef.jpg

Of course, the rest of the ride is looking awful!

MGrides2013AfterburnerV1.jpg.cd5be5471dec7a6e7d5d181843c5070d.jpg

After my bad skills i decided to become crazy. The SMASHER was born!

MGrides2013Smasher-V1-02.jpg.9fefb6cced42b9dfba8eb602ead73741.jpg

..."take a seat"

MGrides2013Smasher-V1-01.jpg.1325ec8236fcdbc08c3b2d40aa022f91.jpg

This ride is so unrealistic, even my grandmum could do it better. But well, i´ll see how that could work in TPS.

MGrides2013Smasher-V1-03.jpg.3c02cfc0aa89118dfdd7a407ee2ee51b.jpg

And yes.. it is pain for the one and fun for the others!

After that experience i took a break and imported some RCT3 stuff (i released a set and two others are nearly ready).

Seat-01-ByMGrides2013.jpg.3149a8f5b1105a0e871d9aca0ad3787a.jpg

I gave the "seat problem" a second try. And after a few versions...

Seat-02-ByMGrides2013.jpg.463c03ec3aed225993e07b7a0dc91fd6.jpg

...i was happy. It´s not realistic but it is a step forward!

Flyer-ByMGrides2013.jpg.09002f767eef9c902bd2c2fa163db92a.jpg

What would be a seat without a ride!

FlyerAction-ByMGrides2013.jpg.b0010b743bb92639fae2aa202f11dd73.jpg

Really unrealistic again, but slowly i come to the point where the exercises seem to work.

So far and enough of unrealistic rides! The next experience will be much more realistic!

Stay tuned!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello dear community

Thank you all for the kind words!

Maybe you realized,.. that is a long-time-project After NL2 came out and TPS has started the early access, there are so many new toys to play with But i think i have found now a nice solution. Both simulators needing some flatrides.

So i changed my focus to a wide-screen.

I have tested the flatrides in both programms and think it´s good to have them in both. Unfortunatly, i can´t script the flatrides in NL2 but i got help. TPS is starting the phase 2&6 (flatride modul and advanced keyframe animation) soon, so it´s time to hurry up the "starter-kit".

In NL2, you´ll be able to change the colors with simple NL2 Materials. In TPS you can change the colors simply by click on it.

Here are the latest additions, please keep in mind that not all of the rides are ready yet. On the pictures you can see the full modeled versions. All models will have at least 3 LOD´s (level of details). Especially with the last LOD is not ready yet, because i´m still experimenting with it

First: A Ferris Wheel

FerrisWheelByFreefall.thumb.jpg.f11e630ba754325f69a8e9a766b2f85b.jpg

Second a Star Flyer:

StarFlyer-byfreefall.thumb.jpg.f6c93a2dc38ecd53d869747b1c69f3dd.jpg

...rendering...

StarFlyer-TPS-byMagu.thumb.jpg.e3394d60deab371616432d5c6623797f.jpg

...how it´ll look in TPS...

StarFlyer2-TPS-byMagu.thumb.jpg.6dcf23bfd233672222a5b0f7ef499b06.jpg

A Windseeker:

WindseekerByFreefall.thumb.jpg.825785edfbd4708a72dee7aa18e0fe0b.jpg

A not so ready made "Round Up":

RoundUp-byfreefall.thumb.jpg.243acbde4cf522b4f1fa82fe06901ad8.jpg

And an observation Tower:

GyroTowerPreview.thumb.jpg.ab359ceb0cdca9a54d3e23ec3b99033a.jpg

...more rides are coming!

Thank you Iron Wolfman I made a chair swing and putted the same seats onto the star flyer to test how it´ll look like In the end version the Double Seating will be available and a version with doubled number of seats as well Thank you for pointing it out!

Thank you Wilhelm1407! Glad you like them I´m still VERY excited to see them in action

The RoundUp is nearly done, exept the textures / coloring.. i had to model it several times before i got it right. Mad ride,.. it looks so simple and innocent xD

RoundUp-V4-3-byfreefall.thumb.jpg.5c187ff7b6a0b5fea39abb09ef4ee450.jpg

Nice greetings!

@ Koasterking48 : Nope

Both simulators needing some flatrides.

So i changed my focus to a wide-screen.

I have tested the flatrides in both programms and think it´s good to have them in both. Unfortunatly, i can´t script the flatrides in NL2 but i got help. TPS is starting the phase 2&6 (flatride modul and advanced keyframe animation) soon, so it´s time to hurry up the "starter-kit".

In NL2, you´ll be able to change the colors with simple NL2 Materials. In TPS you can change the colors simply by click on it.

The rides will be available in BOTH simulators!

@ JonnyRCT3 : Could be, especially in RCT3 I really don´t know what flatrides will coming with TPS but it doesn´t matter. I simply wanted to make my own versions

Finished yesterday a family-ride:

BalloonRace2-byfreefall.thumb.jpg.2d771638eda1d3229b4d0eef59e47716.jpg

Got the trial of 3ds MAX.. and try to get into this program to set all the awesome-pivot points in my rides. For some matter, blender and sketchup don´t do it right

Nice greetings!

EDIT:

The Star Flyer is nearly complete. Now with double seating!

StarFlyer-V5b-byfreefall.thumb.jpg.f0e705dcd3e38c24bb46b85756b20b79.jpg

^ thank you for mentioned it earlier!!! I slightly have the feeling i would overseen it!

Here is a ride of the newer generation of modeling:

HollywoodStar-V2-byfreefall.thumb.jpg.01f82d22db9e474f4940314f1d2039ef.jpg

I think a real nightmare to animate

PoopingFlyer-byfreefall.thumb.jpg.cf2329048c0a05ee705a17645429aede.jpg

...the story behind: I was searching for some decoration for a chair-swing and the cute, little dog po(o)ped up. It remembered me of the "Dogfart-Coaster" ...so the name of this ride was born

PoopingFlyer-CloseUp-byfreefall.thumb.jpg.c9547b81e804f7c562fcd18ae87ec2ba.jpg

..i really couldn´t resist!

Be sure, the name is not meant in a serious way

Have a nice weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...