TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best B&M sitting coaster?

Hulk seems to be a bit iffy.

I rarely seen Hulk down for extended periods of maintenance like BGT does for it's rides.

Perhaps the rough rides were the trains.

I have only ridden two of the ,five sitdown style coasters from B&M, Hulk and Kumba.

Kumba was my first B&M and first large coaster. I believe it is the only coaster that I have ridden more than Diamondback (1,150 on DB)

I can easily stay on Kumba without getting off. It is such a great ride, and still packs a punch!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Good topic, and I would have to say Kumba for the aesthetics and originality. However for a lot of others the launch and first 4 inversions on Hulk are just the dogs knackers. Until Kumba who rode a coaster pre 93, was it? quite like it?

I've never ridden Dragon Kahn but I imagine similar to Kumba with an additional loop and a bit less theming.

Why were only (is it 5 or 6?) sit downs ever made? I think that's quite incredible that the figure is so low; but also makes the ones still working that bit more special.

• 1 month later...

^I don't know. I think there are different theories concerning this. Even if B&M isn't yet comfortable with featuring lap bars to a looping ride I don't really see why they couldn't use OTSR. I've mentioned this plenty of times before but during 2012 IAAPA when Robb asked us to write what we would like him to ask each manufacturer my question was why they hadn't done that before (a looping hyper/giga). It was actually selected but Walter Bolliger said he didn't want to answer that question. Now I guess that could either mean that he just isn't comfortable at all with the idea or (hopefully) that they have a similar future project. But then it was over an year ago and I think we would already know if it was the case, right? I'm not entirely sure how long it takes from the moment a manufacturer is contacted until the ride opens.