TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best B&M sitting coaster?

I know B&M hasn't built a lot of sitting coasters but which one is your favorite? (and please mention which ones you've ridden)

I've only been on Dragon Khan and I thought it was awesome! One of favorite rides so far. I would also REALLY like to try Kumba.

Edited by rcjp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^I am assuming you mean best looping sitting coaster? If so, there are only four of these that B&M has made: Dragon Khan (PortAventura), Kumba (BGT), Incredible Hulk (IOA), and WildFire (SDC). Of those, I have only ridden Kumba and it is still awesome except for the moment it leaves the last corkscrew loop when your head gets jarred to the side against the restraints.

Special note on WildFire: it is actually a B&M floorless model with the seats raised above the train, but have onboard platforms below each seat and because of that it is technically not "floorless," per se.

If you are only wanting to discuss B&M coasters than you should of probably included that in the description of the thread. Either way.

And "sit-down" coaster could mean any coaster that you sit down on including looping, floorless, hyper or wing coaster.

Edited by ernierocker

Wasn't Time Machine a sit down?

Yes, since 2009 if I recall correctly. I was only thinking of ones that are still open now. Though, I have heard rumors (from Screamscape) that the owners of the rides at Freestyle Music Park are preping the rides to have them sold to other parks. So, we will definitely be seeing Time Machine in action again soon (hopefully with the original Led Zeppelin theme).

^That's right. I checked B&M's site before I named the topic. I just didn't want to write "Best B&M sitting (with floor) coaster with inversions?" And I thought that by saying B&M sitting coaster or even just sitting coaster people would get the idea.

Kumba without question. It's incredible how little speed it seems to lose throughout the ride and that little bunny hop right before the cobra roll is one of my favorite coaster moments of all time. I wish they'd make more like Kumba.

Probably my favorite looping coaster as well.

I've ridden Kumba like a 100x and I absolutely love it. It is easily in my top B&M coaster list. I have been on. The Hulk about 10x and it is also an amazing ride. I rode the Hulk a while back and I thought it was quite rough. But when I rode it yesterday it was very smooth. I like Kumba to because it's an original and it goes through the jungle and I love it. It's very hard to pick a better run.

^ I rode Hulk a couple of weeks back and was surprised at how rough it was! If you had a smooth ride yesterday maybe it's a train thing? It's a shame because I really like the layout, B&M stands on the smoothness of their rides and more and more you see the older ones giving surprisingly rough rides

No secret what my favourite is... just look at my screen name / avatar. Not only is it my favourite B&M looper, it is my all time favourite steelie, period. It has been since I first rode it in 1995, its opening year. I still have to find one that beats it. Not saying it will never happen, but I doubt any ride keeps the title in my personal charts for as long as Khan has. It's simply the perfect coaster imho... even with a bit of roughness these days, and I just have to go on pilgrimage on it every couple of years. I ADORE this baby ! (first out of a growing list of 356 coasters)

Kumba

Kraken

Hulk

Scream

Medusa (West)

Scream and Medusa are pretty mediorcre imo. Hulk and Kraken fall some where between good and great. And Kumba, honestly, just can't be touched in terms of b&M sitdowns imo.

Wouldn't Kraken be considered one as well, if Wild Fire is?
Kumba

Kraken

Hulk

Scream

Medusa (West)

Scream and Medusa are pretty mediorcre imo. Hulk and Kraken fall some where between good and great. And Kumba, honestly, just can't be touched in terms of b&M sitdowns imo.

I was actually specifically talking about B&M looping coasters with floor, like kumba and dragon khan. Wildfire, although different, still classifies as one. I think there is already a topic for floorless coasters and that's why this one was about the ones with floor.

1. Wildfire: Yup, in the back seat you get genuine airtime on the first drop. The inversions are fun, and it's hard to beat the setting, even though the other two sit-downs I've ridden are also at heavily themed, well-landscaped parks.

2. Kumba: I wasn't quite amazed with this (all the major coasters at BGT are top-notch, but Montu is the big winner for me there). I did feel some of the famous forces, but not quite at every possible moment.

3. Hulk: Opinions seem to be mixed on this one, with some considering it to be a top-tier coaster, and others getting terribly rough rides. I thought it was pretty fun, but fairly standard for a B&M.