TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ChrisHanKwanSivus Gift Exchange 2013!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got home after a VERY bad (and long day) at work, and found a few pkgs. . including one addressed to bert425!

I recognized the name, so even tho the recommendation (and my intention) was to wait, I needed it, so I opened up my package!

and here is what I found:

Thanks so much, to my Secret ChrishHanKwansSivuSanta, Midgetman82!

LOVE the Holiday world brochure, and the card made us both laugh!

but the DVD?. it's seriously like you read my mind! I just saw the first one on cable recently, and I was wanting to buy the 2nd one, but did not have it yet!. . .so you nailed a PERFECT gift for me.

and oooo. . . a note that there might be an additional thing coming? wOOt! something to look forward to.

thanks so much, Marcus, you really did put a nice cap on a pretty crappy day!

My Giftee still hasn't posted any pics (oh well). . but today I got a really cool 2nd package from my Secret Santa: Midgetman82!

I'm blown away with how PERFECT both this gift and the original DVD were.

when I said I like Horror and Music, I wasn't expecting someone to nail the perfect gifts! (both things I don't have, and both things I LOVE).

for those who aren't aware, "Goblin" is a prog band that scored many of Dario Argento's films (most famously "Suspiria"), tho they've done a TON of other soundtrack work as well. They just reformed and toured, so the shirt with their logo is a fantastic thing that I will wear and treasure

Just wanted to follow up and let my SS know (if he or she comes back to this thread) that I just finished "Fool" and it was AWESOME! So funny and so well done. I want a movie made, and I want Simon Pegg and Nick Frost to play Pocket and Drool. Could be epic. And now I'm a confirmed fan of Christopher Moore.

Thanks again, Secret Santa, and thanks again, Brandy!!! You both rock!

I promised a picture awhile back...it only took me a month.

Thank you to Mr. Chris for the random gifts! They were awesome!

What would the world be without a little randomness every now and then? I'm glad you liked them. I can't wait to do this again next year (can we do "Christmas in July"?). Thank you Brandy for putting this all together. I don't even know you but you kick ass!

Just wanted to follow up and let my SS know (if he or she comes back to this thread) that I just finished "Fool" and it was AWESOME! So funny and so well done. I want a movie made, and I want Simon Pegg and Nick Frost to play Pocket and Drool. Could be epic. And now I'm a confirmed fan of Christopher Moore.

Be sure to check out his "San Francisco vampire trilogy": Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story, Bite Me, and You Suck. You won't be disappointed.

Edited by cfc

Received my gift on Saturday. Thanks!

Sorry it took so long. Amazon told me several times it had been sent but turns out that it was out of stock all along and the tracking numbers I was given were null. It was supposed to get to you the week of christmas but oh well

Be sure to check out his "San Francisco vampire trilogy": Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story, Bite Me, and You Suck. You won't be disappointed.

Do not forget "Dirty Jobs". It has some of the same characters.

• 8 months later...

^ Elissa and I will discuss today what we want to do with it. We had a lot more problems in 2013 than we did in 2012. Probably not to many people's surprise, we had people flake out, not follow the rules, and they turned something that was supposed to be fun and in the spirit of the holiday into something frustrating for several people.

What we also learned is that having "more people" didn't actually equal having a "better event." So perhaps if we do it this year, maybe it will be invite only? Maybe inviting only the people who participated in previous years and didn't create problems?

We'll discuss and post something when we are ready to.

Edited by robbalvey

I hope it happens again in some way/shape/form.

I very much enjoyed participating last year (even if my recipient never posted pics of what I got him. . that sucked, since I took part of my gift from my personal collection).

but he DID thank me for it.

and i loved getting prezzies in the mail from my secret santa!