TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's amazing what "a little tree landscaping" here and there, can transform any ride into an adventure of it's own. 😀 Jet Coaster itself was really nothing special to me, especially with those not-very-exciting dips in it. But I still really enjoyed the ride, with not being able to see all of it's track, ahead of me. All trees. Everywhere! And - I would kill to see what they could or would do for a "Halloween layover" of it, with spooks and ghouls all around in the forest, there. That would be great to ride thru. 👻

1576010715_ResizeofIMG_2384c.JPG.3cd88661f9cae39996085282a0f4e3d2.JPG

Jet Coaster's in there.... somewhere. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This coaster has been one of my Ultimate Bucket List Coasters, to ride! (And the park too, well yeah.)

I have known about it for years and years, with old magazine articles, etc.

Great ride on it, Robb. Thanks for posting a vid of this classic!

Great video!  I'd have to put Thunderbolt at my #1 woodie, since all my other #1s are gone or have been changed so much.  There is nothing better than riding a single-bench wood coaster with good curves.  And drops for that matter.  No matter how hard I try 😅 many new coaster trains (in perticular, RMC, sorry guys...) just don't do it with me; I appreciate a good design, but the trains make or break the coaster for me.  I like to be able to move my legs and enjoy real air time - where my butt moves away from the seat.

Thunderbolt has a great variety layout.  I'm sad to hear the park isn't running as well, in addition to Thunderbolt only running one train frequently.  They used to have 3 in the station; 2 running and one in transfer.  Let's get them trains moving!  I was bummed about the seatbelts, but let's hope Kennywood keeps it in it's present form for many years.  We don't have many classic wood coaster trains running anymore, just a handful really.  I'll enjoy them as much as I can while I can. 

• Like 1