TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

That is a travesty I think they got all the issue fixed with the ride so far.

Rob this video was great felt like I was there all over again! Hope to get a few rides in this weekend.

I am also curious where you place this ride also Rob. I know you are record saying that "i305 eats MF and craps it all over CP". (Best line ever and fav TPR youtube video ever) I assume where ever you place i305 it will be above MF, lol.

Oh wow if only I had something 4k. Huge difference not as the camera goes through banking, drops, and turns at high speed in the detail of the background as the cameras angle pans (I hope that wording is understandable) . Again I couldn't even imagine it on a 4k display. Thanks for sharing and always working on getting amazing shots on your adventures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
New Boulder Dash POV! Be sure to watch this in beautiful 60fps!

Such a great coaster, but...maybe it's just me, or maybe an artifact of the 60 fps video, but it seems to be dragging pretty badly there. Lake Compounce is my home park and I get on BD -many- times a season, and that just looks slow for some reason.

Such a great coaster, but...maybe it's just me, or maybe an artifact of the 60 fps video, but it seems to be dragging pretty badly there. Lake Compounce is my home park and I get on BD -many- times a season, and that just looks slow for some reason.

Agreed. It would be interesting to see this one on a split screen with TPR's older POV of this to compare speed.

My god that thing looks good... I can't say if it looks slower, since I have only watched videos, but it definitely doesn't look slow to me! The airtime throughout the whole ride looks just amazing, especially that big floater 2/3 of the way through the 'out' section. The 'back' (second half) looks really fun too with all those little pops and dips.

Thank you Robb and Elissa for sharing these videos, seriously- this is something new in my life that has made me realize I need to get my career/life going so I can go experience some of these things for myself. Motivation ftw!

Agreed. It would be interesting to see this one on a split screen with TPR's older POV of this to compare speed.

There were only two people on the train during this shoot and it was while the park was closed so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I dunno, I still thought it was running pretty damn awesome!

There were only two people on the train during this shoot and it was while the park was closed so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I dunno, I still thought it was running pretty damn awesome!

On point. Total first world problem we're talking about here. This ride hauls regardless.

Video's are very deceptive. Especially when you experience them in a higher refresh rate. Everything is so clear that it gains this almost surreal feeling. But it is limited by what the camera, and or the director wants you to see. You as the viewer are only able to process everything you see within the frame of the image. You're missing all the intangibles that you would incorporate into a ride that you can only get from riding the actual coaster. When you incorporate the feel of the coaster riding the rails, the wind in your hair, the ability to see everything around you in your peripheral vision, the adrenaline rush, it all creates the ride experience. Which a lot of the times feels so much faster than it actually is. Not to discredit any of Robb's fantastic video's, and they are fantastic. Cough, (Like James Bond, nobody does it better, and I've tried.) cough.

For instance, so many people don't realize that Space Mountain at Disneyland only hits a top speed of 29mph, and it's steepest drop is a mere 15 feet. But the experience creates a totally different feeling. I've heard people swear there was a 100' drop in there, and the ride goes 60mph. It's because Disney has created that envelope for you. Watch a video of Space Mountain with the lights on and it's almost a comically tame experience. Awesome in it's own right, but still tame.

It's one of the reasons that people here on the forums get so frustrated when they hear someone making snap judgements about a ride based solely on a computer recreation, or video. It's not the ride experience.

Robb's videos are the best out there! Truly the best! But, watch them for what they are, an appetizer to riding the real thing! A tasty, delicious, butter flavored, bacon wrapped, batter dipped, deep fried, anal sex, BBQ sauce covered appetizer!

With that said...

...YOU'VE HAD YOUR APPETIZER, NOW GET OUT THERE AND RIDE THE MAIN COURSE!

Guy "That's what she said." Koepp

• 2 weeks later...

^^By the time you watch them over and over, the layout (read layout) gets pretty boring / predictable when you come to ride it. Thats why I refrain from watching the POVs before trips so that I can enjoy a forgetten momsnt of the ride or simply try to not memorize everything.