TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the ride still looks utterly mad. How is it nowadays in terms of roughness? (I haven't ridden since 2010 and know it's gone through a lot of reprofiling over the years.)

And here is Intimidator 305 from the back row!

Some interesting things about this video:

- It really does run a bit slower because it was early in the morning and without any riders. An extra 5,000 pounds of people sure does make a huge difference!

- Interesting to see how much the cars seem to rattle when they are empty, but later in the day filled with riders they didn't do this at all!

- What do you all think of backseat POVs? I gotta be honest, in a way I sort of prefer them to front seat.

Edited by robbalvey

What do you all think of backseat POVs? I gotta be honest, in a way I sort of prefer them to front seat.

I really enjoy them, as much as front row's. It's not as popular on YT and that's a shame. Rides are so much different from the back row!

The ideal situation to shoot a backseat POV in my opinion is to have an empty train, with a few people in the front rows. That way nobody blocks the view, but having some people give a sense of scale - plus you can feel better what it's like by watching peeps than watching a totally empty train.

- What do you all think of backseat POVs? I gotta be honest, in a way I sort of prefer them to front seat.

Don't if I like one over the other but I do like the different 'feel' of the ride you get from the backseat POV. I think it would be cool if you did a front and back POV of the same run, then synced the two views side by side in a split screen or a maybe a back and forth synced cut between the two views.

I like both angles. But, I prefer the back POV on rides that aren't suspended because that's where I always tend to sit anyways.

Thanks for the vid! This is one of my favorite coasters! Can't wait to ride Maverick this season with the same restraints.

I'd love to see some more backseat videos with empty trains. I wouldn't want one with a full train because you could just be staring at someone's head for the duration of the ride (I'm ok with this when you are showing off a ride's "Hair-time".

By the way, Intimidator was the perfect ride for a backseat because of all the twisty bits!

I like seeing the backseat, but if only allowed one?. . please stick to front seat.

Front seat is like being on the ride. . backseat is like watching it on the screen.

as noted, I do enjoy both, but prefer front row!

I agree with the statement someone made about syncing two videos of the front and back.

I think for coasters such as I305, or Maverick at CP, among other rides of the same nature, it does add an extra element to provide a back seat video as well as a front POV, because you would be able to enjoy the elegance of the track with the front POV, as well as how the train moves and twists with the track with a back seat video

It's a personnal opinion, but for me split-screen videos (or picture-in-picture thingy) are absolutely the worst thing ever to do for a coaster video. It's just distracting, and anyway I'm going to play it twice to focus each time on one part.