TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

It's pathetic and stupid that someone would crash into someone else on purpose. As mad as I was I would never have hit someone else on the track. People are terrible.

Agreed. Just because someone is going slow gives you no right to smash into them. I really hate people sometimes. This isn't bumper cars!

I finally got to ride the closest one to me - Holiday Valley's Sky High Mountain Coaster. We rode it during Taste of Ellicottville and liked it so much that we took Michael's daughter, son in law and grandkids a few weeks later & rode it twice - they loved it! Even better is that it is very reasonable - $8 per run or two for $14.

Also, the ride op's are quite interesting...gruff, missing some teeth and don't take any crap from anyone - almost like this is their 2nd job away from traveling carnivals. I certainly wasn't going to see what happened if I didn't apply the brake when they told me to do so!

I think they even commented that if they saw anyone taking photos, movies or video coming down the run that they would confiscate your camera or phone and smash it into tiny pieces!

087.JPG.5ed3dd191884de6afaad8b04c82f19e4.JPG

Our chariot.

088.thumb.JPG.c75fc26ef42fe263cdd15d5f7ebea3c5.JPG

Michael came down a little slower, but it was at this point where you either put on your brakes and slowed down or endure getting hollered at by the rather intimidating ride op's!

089.thumb.JPG.b4307d8c85def55b75b90e18153a326f.JPG

Can't see much of it. but it feels like a 10-15 minute ride to the top.

090.JPG.7ebdc6e2aaf8e3d951b3f215621aa6b2.JPG

Sky High...a great mountain coaster in Ellicottville, NY!

Damn I wish we had one of these around/on our mountains. Would be perfect for tourists.

Then again, the scenic beauty would be "blighted", blah blah blah. I think it could still be

hidden and not so obvious from across the inlet. I mean, there's still a cut in the old forest

growth you can see, where our original chairlift used to be! Have it winding down that, LOL!

It could run under one of our gondola lifts now, and be pretty thrilling, with a return pass back

up the gondola.

gondola.jpg.3b770db57be6c70a0050933fca873f60.jpg

Running right down that cut, there. Would be intense.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone has a 4K Resolution HD TV and wants to let us know how this looks...

Maybe i'll sneakily have to sign onto the internet through one of the many 4K's in the Samsung store here, think the clerk will notice? And then for good measure try it on the new ultra HD curved tvs since they seem to be showing up in all the electronic stores in Korea right now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for posting this, Robb! It brought back a lot of memories riding this fantastic coaster. I'll never forget the creepy video they played in the queue line, the howl at the top of the first lift, rampaging through the village, and the squirt of mist at the bottom of the second drop.

If You are in the US/Canada and looking for an Alpine Coaster near you here is a list I have compiled. Go ride one!

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1081293#p1081293

Wiegand Installations

CANADA

Mont Saint Saveur, Quebec "Viking" - opened 2009 - 3,540 feet - $10

Blue Mountain, Ontario "Ridge Runner" - opening Winter 2011 - 3,650 feet - $15

US

Glenwood Springs, Colorado "Alpine Coaster" - opened 2005 - 3,200 feet - $12

Park City, Utah "Alpine Coaster" - opened 2006 - 3,980 feet - $20

Jiminy Peak, Hancock, Massachusetts "Mountain Coaster" - opened 2006 - 2,590 feet - $7

WISP, Maryland "Mountain Coaster"- opened 2007 - 3,000 feet - $14

Spirit Mountain, Duluth, Minnesota "Timber Twister" - opened 2010 - 3,200 feet - $8.50

Breckenridge, Colorado "Gold Runner" - opened 2010 - 2,345 feet - $20

Okemo, Vermont "Timber Ripper" - opened 2010 - 3,085 feet - $13

Mount Cranmore, North Conway, New Hampshire "Mountain Coaster" - opened 2010 - 2,395 feet - $12

Greek Peak Mountain, Cortland County, New York "Nor'easter Mountain Coaster" - opened June 2011 - 4,300 feet - $10

Holiday Valley, Ellicottville, New York "Sky High Mountain Coaster" - opened August, 2011 - 2,940 feet - $8

Mountain Creek, Vernon, New Jersey - "Alpine Mountain Coaster" - opened July 2012 - $5

Snowbird, Utah - Mountain Coaster - opened 2012 - 1,900 feet - $17

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - "Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster" - opened 2013 -3,600 feet - $15

Charlemont, Massachusetts - "Thunderbolt Mountain Coaster" - opened December 2014 - 5,450 feet - $15

Gatlinburg, Tennessee - White Lightning Mountain Coaster - opening TBD

The following installations are from Aquatic Group aka ADG(who purchased Alpine Products).

Attitash Mountain in Bartlett, New Hampshire "Nor'Easter" - opened December 2010 - 4,300 feet - $15

Camelback Resort, Tannersville, Pennsylvania - opened July, 2012 - 4,500 feet - $10

Ober Gatlinburg - Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster - opened 2014 - $14

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - Goat Coaster at Goats on the Roof - opening TBD

Edited by larrygator

CANADA

Great. Both on the other side of Canada. Ah well. Maybe in the future, over here.

Thanks for posting what you found/got, Larry.

Nice video, Robb, and thanks for the list, Larry!

Alpine coasters are so much better in the snow (in my opinion) just for the novelty. This one has a very similar layout as the one at Wisp, and it doesn't have the trims like Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster does. Robb, does this one have any airtime? The one at Wisp does if you let it go down at full speed.

CANADA

Great. Both on the other side of Canada. Ah well. Maybe in the future, over here.

Thanks for posting what you found/got, Larry.

Nothing west of Utah here in the states either. The whole Pacific Coast is deprived of Alpine coasters which is sad because we have plenty of mountains here.