TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

If there is one thing The Gravity Group gets, it's airtime. I'm interested to see the two inverted woodies they're building in China with Timberliners. Hopefully those end up doing really well for the company and they can start building some of those coasters that size here in America.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha! When you said "I'm feeling the lift hill undulating underneath my butt" I immediately remembered how Comet's lift felt (at Hershey). Almost as if it was giving free massages!

Oh boy, do I remember this one ! It's probably the most retro, sketchy coaster left in existence, in the most sketchy park, with the oddest crowd ever, but in the most wonderful way once you experience it. I am truly amazed the coaster and the whole park for that matter is still around. It's like being in the land that time forgot, given its very remote location. Though not the biggest , fastest ,or tallest by any means, several things make this ride one ,that if as an enthusiast, shouldn't be missed. First, It looks, and feels as if will collapse at any minute.The look and feel of the train flying" up off the track" on the crest of some of the hills. Really, just watch the video closely. It really adds to the thrill if you will. Second , those fantastic relics of the century flyer trains, which, when I went had several seats missing as they were in need of, Ahem, "refurbishing". Third , IF , you are REALLY lucky, a ride during the rain is something that should not be missed. It really does make it one of the most frightening rides ever. It turns the ride int o a whole different beast. LOL. Yes,they did run it in a downpour when I was there and it just flies through the course and overshot the station. Also not to be missed is the Little Dipper which also has the NAD trains, the classic Laff in the Dark type ride, the odd flume ride and sketchy sky ride. If you are really into coaster history and parks, as they once were way back when, then Camden is a worthwhile side trip on your way to the big parks.

It's amazing what a full train will do for this ride. During my visit last summer, I got about 12 rides in, but none of the trains went out with more than 8 riders. Needless to say, Kentucky Rumbler was not moving nearly as fast as displayed in this video. I still really liked the ride but felt like it was not living up to its full potential.

This might just be me nitpicking but I'm not sure if I like the meme / image macro-style text slapped onto the video thumbnail. It looks okay but I feel like Theme Park Review videos have always spoken for themselves.

This might just be me nitpicking but I'm not sure if I like the meme / image macro-style text slapped onto the video thumbnail. It looks okay but I feel like Theme Park Review videos have always spoken for themselves.

Well, the increase in views because of them certainly disagrees with you.

Edited by robbalvey

Definitely one of the highlights of the trip. I thought the glow ride in 2012 would never be topped, but this did it! Phoenix was kicking all sorts of ass on Friday night. I can't believe it actually started smoking because it was running so fast!

Can we go back to Knoebels now?

Definitely one of the highlights of the trip. I thought the glow ride in 2012 would never be topped, but this did it! Phoenix was kicking all sorts of A$$ on Friday night. I can't believe it actually started smoking because it was running so fast!

Can we go back to Knoebels now?

This ^

That was probably the best single day I've ever had at a park and Phoenix totally blew away my expectations. I'd put it tied for my number one with Balder. (Yes, I even liked it more than El Toro)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest - I haven't been the biggest fan of all these ALS Ice Bucket Videos filling up my newsfeed, but I was involved in filming one today for our friends at Attractions Magazine and not only is this probably the best of the Ice Bucket videos I've seen, but it's also and amazingly HILARIOUS roller coaster video!!!

Please share this link on your Facebook, Twitter, etc: