TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

It does look rather smooth. . but I'm one of those folks who just don't "get" skyloops.

They just don't do anything for me. . . heck, I'd rather just ride a SooperLoops.

but it looks smooth.

^ I have to agree there. I have never been a fan of the Sky Loop. Just seems a bit like a wasted concept. It's nice to see that Premier iterated on the concept, added the extra internal loop and a launch and it (looks like it) will be a much better ride.

As for this knockoff, It looks reasonable apart from the very scary noises it makes. I still wouldn't rush over to China to ride it but if I was back at Chuanlord then i'd be more than willing to give it a go considering I have tortured myself on worse chinese coaster contraptions at places I won't name (Fishermans Wharf )

This is a relatively smooth coaster, seats arrangement gives a lot of arm space just like Intamin trains, OTSR's are comfortable even while hanging upside down. For the first time in my life, I put my hands up on a Chinese knock-off coaster!

Oh I thought it would have lap bars just like the Maurer Sohne ones. Well at least they are comfortable.

Regarding the knock-off SkyLoop, I personally think it's a pretty pointless ride style. At the very least, it looks smooth, if not boring as anything. Now with the chicken-coaster, that thing looks like it's going to break apart at any second. What's the betting that if you held one of those chickens while you rode that you would end up with a McNugget?

On the contrary I think this ride looks fun! It's a ride I feel is geared for the general public more than other major coasters because it looks intimidating, and it focuses more on visuals than the thrill. It still looks like a lot of fun though, I mean compare it to some of the other "major" Chinese coasters (aka Vekoma SLC knockoffs ). I would rather ride this

For all of these I have been on (this one wasn't up yet when TPR was in China, 2012),

I've found them to be pretty fun and not much tensing up needed. I've been always

secure in my seat, and hang time is pretty good!

I am looking forward to this one, if TPR goes back there, to Chimealong.

You know, being a mechanical engineer I watch a lot of the coaster of "death" videos and think, "I would ride that, it doesn't look that unsafe really." But this was the first time I actually had a second thought when watching a video. I'm pretty trusting of professional engineers and all, but when that thing releases from the lift the track sure does look skimpy. I honestly don't know if I would trust those welds seeing as how there is rust on the throughout the ride. But, who the hell am I kidding, I'd ride that pig in a heartbeat!

^^ Oops. Actually I meant that park,

but there were a lot of parks in China, back then.

And we actually saw the land they were prepping

for this coaster, in the park back then.

Thanks for catching that. Chuanlord. Got it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm another one who doesn't really get this kind of rollercoaster. Last week I rode Sky Scream at Holiday Park and it's just not really my cup of tea. The first time was fun because it's so different, but after that it was just weird and not all that comfortable. This Chinese sky loop knock off looks a lot less intense and I would ride it, given the chance, but I don't expect too much from it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shoot, that ride looks pretty awesome for a family wooden coaster!

Heck, it looks more fun than many wooden coasters twice that size!! I think Gravity Group really has a winner on their hands with these particular models. What a great way to give a smaller park a bit of a "bang" attraction without putting in something huge that might not fit with the rest of the park.

I don't remember - is this the same layout as Wooden Warrior, or something different for Story Land?