TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Video Thread!

HORRIBLE RIDE, DEATH TRAP, PAIN, ENDURED ONCE NEVER AGAIN

Oh how much I enjoyed some of the Chinese knockoffs we were subjected to on TPR's China trip!

But yes, at least the restraints locked on this one. And wasn't it this park that had the bobkart track just opposite?

And wasn't it this park that had the bobkart track just opposite?

Yes, I think it was, and the bobkarts were pretty good too, I remember.

Yeh they were. Those were my first ever bob kart track, they are so awesome. They eased the pain of riding the loopsscrew beforehand

It looks like your typical Arrow corkscrew. They are nostalgic as the corkscrew at Geagua Lake was my first one. Other than that I do wish they would fix the head banging restraints. I see the one in this video is essentially the same.

Let's give some crap to our winners: RCjunkie and djboss302! To claim your winning Bag-O-Crap, send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with "video crap" in the subject. Don't forget to include your mailing address! We will choose another winner with this next round!

Here's another new video! This time, THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA!!! Enjoy!

If we get 25 comments before we post the next one we'll give away a Bag-O-Crap! So...

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

Wow, that's quite the ride. I never thought I'd see a 5+ minute lift hill.

Funny, I was just thinking of commenting 'lift hill: the ride' when that's what Robb said in the video. I think I should look into the rights to put one of these on Mount Mitchell here in NC. That would sure beat driving to the top.

Really like the "trains" concept, but is it powered so there is no control of the speed? It would be awesome to have a full train at speeds of most mountain coasters!

It's not "powered" but the driver does have control of the speed. He has a hand brake that controls how fast it goes, but it is totally gravity driven.

I'm pretty sure all of these happened while watching the lift hill portion of the video: society advanced 300 years, Orphan Rocker finally opened, the Jersey Shore cast was eaten by a giant shark, and Sharknado 2 was awarded the best movie of all time. Also, donkeys are in control of the governments of the world.

Cool video. Actually, while I wasn't there with you in China, when I explain people what we do on TPR-trips, I tell them that we ride rollercoasters but also do some culture, for example when TPR goes to China they ascend the great wall in a roller coaster and go down again in a rollercoaster. Instant success every single time I tell this story

Really like the "trains" concept, but is it powered so there is no control of the speed? It would be awesome to have a full train at speeds of most mountain coasters!

It's not "powered" but the driver does have control of the speed. He has a hand brake that controls how fast it goes, but it is totally gravity driven.

So how fast would you say to be the top speed? I can only imagine how the back few cars would feel hauling some ass down to the bottom!!

It really wasn't the usual type of alpine slide/coaster we've seen in other parks.

This was basically being used as a transport system up to the Wall, and back

down, rather than walking all the way up. The sleds were in train setup,

going up and coming down. So individually, you couldn't adjust the speed, or brake.

But it was fun, especially coming back down, winding through all the trees.

that really was rather awesome.

I'd go on lift-hill, the ride!

the squealing on the way down reminded me very much of the old "High-Roller". . that's the same sound it made too, and it's why I had to ride it alone (my Partner said "hell NO!").

^^ You sort of quickly had to turn that sound into white noise and just bliss out on the scenery. Or plug your ears, heh heh.

^ Cool! We now have Lift Hill:The Ride (Great Wall of China),

as well as the original BENCH:The Ride (Bobbejaanland)!