TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your most hated coaster company?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinfari, the coasters I have ridden from them have been horrible. As some examples Rollie's Coaster has OTSR's with no inversions and Sea Serpent at Playland's Castaway Cove is the worst steel coaster I have ridden. The only tolerable part of the ride is the loop.

I hate to bump the thread after so long, but I need to point out that I have no idea who made this:

304076_521410294540668_1098208653_n.jpg

Because whoever made this is my most hated.

Can you say internal bleeding?

It was build by a Chinese knock-off company named JuMa (Giant Horse). Probably a Knock-off Golden Horse company

http://www.chinajuma.com

There is an English version of the website at the upper right. Enjoy imagining about the pain

It was build by a Chinese knock-off company named JuMa (Giant Horse). Probably a Knock-off Golden Horse company

There is an English version of the website at the upper right. Enjoy imagining about the pain

Wow.

"Ever wanted to give your customers whiplash? Order now and get an additional roll of duct tape".

I cannot say I "hate" a coaster company - but have of course some dislikes:

- Vekoma SLCs are ridden by me only for the credit - have not done Limit at Heide-Park in years

- Those old Pinfari Zyklon loopers are plain horrible

- Chinese companies who do knock-offs without license and make employees at other coster companies unemployed

Wow.

"Ever wanted to give your customers whiplash? Order now and get an additional roll of duct tape".

That's actually their version of the Tower Coaster I mentioned earlier in the thread... think about that for a moment. A chinese rip-off of an SBF Visa Group coaster. To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd, "that's like puking on a pile of shit!".

I don't know that I can really say I hate a company (though I've never experienced Golden Horse) but the company that has been the most consistant with rides I've disliked has got to be Togo. Every company has some bad rides and some good rides, but Togo tends to have more bad ones than good.

I found some off-ride footage of the Tower Coaster a long time ago and literally thought about it as soon as I saw the pictures posted. All I had to do was search 'scary roller coaster'. Let's watch . . .

They also made the spine-crushingly painful looking Cool and Fresh, A.K.A., the Tower Coaster. You know, from RCT3? I've heard that it's on the fair circuit in Australia right now.

This might be it . . .

Watch the rider's necks when the car goes down the first drop.

So yeah . . . SBF gets my vote; I can't imagine how awful the knock-offs must be.

Intamin is over-rated.

Agreed.

It seems that some people say Vekoma because of some rides like SLC and Boomerangs, even though so many of their rides are good.

Intamin has made so many good coasters but what about:

1st gen free-fall

some multi inversions

some zacspins

Kingdaka

to list a few mistakes.

Edited by Noporian

I'm going to come forth and say that I don't hate any coaster companies. While some companies make better rides than others, I can be thankful for everything each company has brought to the table. Everyone in the industry seems to take ideas from each other, and grow upon them to make something better. If there weren't bad rides, would there even be good rides?

Intamin is over-rated.

Agreed.

It seems that some people say Vekoma because of some rides like SLC and Boomerangs, even though so many of their rides are good.

Intamin has made so many good coasters but what about:

1st gen free-fall

some multi inversions

some zacspins

Kingdaka

to list a few mistakes.

Intamin takes risks, and when you take risks you're going to have a few duds. But you're also going to get some amazing rides. And by the way, a lot of people love 1st gen Free Falls and I really have no idea why you would ever put Kingda Ka on this list as it draws hour+ lines all the time even though it's about a decade old.

Actually none of the things you mentioned are really duds. I think they're just things that you personally don't like.

For me, I haven't had the "pleasure" of riding a Golden Horse coaster so I'll go with Togo because they made Viper and that's by far the worst ride I've ever ridden.