TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sea World (Australia) Wild, Polar Bear Cub & Storm Update

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent looking coaster!

Will there actually be any fire effects added or is this the final look?

There were some fire effects in the CGI POV, and I've seen some marketing copy which mentions fire, but they don't appear to have been turned on yet.

Looking forward to seeing it with fire.

^The cynic in me does wonder if parks theme rides to disasters because it means they can get away with less maintenance on the themeing - i.e. Apocalypse at either SFA or SFMM.

Why wouldn't they? It's simple, and disasters are thrilling.

I didn't even know this ride was being built but now I have something to tell our Australian exchange student about and see if he's been to this park.

I think the theming looks really great, and I like how immersive it is for a seemingly simple ride. Sounds cold right now when it's like 40 degrees here but I believe it's summer there, so perfect timing?

Wow! Honestly, I am kind of taken aback at how amazing this looks. Sure, the ride is simple enough but with the thematic elements added in and some neat tricks it really sets it apart from other water rides like this.

I'd love to have something like this nearby,

Great to see another new ride open on the coast, nicely themed as well. But too be a bit of a downer, I wish one of the Aussie parks would build something with a bit of length, I think the last ride that was longer than 90 seconds was Scooby Doo and thats at least ten or more years ago.

^ While I certainly wouldn't call it long, Abyss takes 2 minutes to ride which is more than 90 seconds!

Storm looks like a great addition to Sea World, which after years of nothing much, really needed something major like this to draw people back there, especially with the distance involved for those living way over on Australia's west coast.

Personally, I love these water-based splashy coasters, and if its as much fun as the Divertical splashdown I rode in Italy, crowds will love it.

I also think its style pays nice homage to Sea World's heritage, which has always had a water/fire based attraction in that spot; Both Lassiter's Lost Mine and Bermuda Triangle had dark ride, flame and splashdown elements.

Yep, stood dormant for a couple of years till they got around to gutting the show building and putting storm coaster in.

The ride was cloned at Movie Park Germany, so it still lives on in some form.

Mack water coasters are one of my favorite family coasters type, and I'm really happy to see another one opened. The one at Djurs is awesome, and the theming on this one looks really cool. I love how they have combined the coaster with a dark ride section.

Local media are reporting the cost of the new ride was $20m. A bit higher than I would have expected, but I guess theming doesn't come cheap! Sea World have added a lot in the last 12 months - Seal Harbour, new Polar Bear enclosure, and now Storm Coaster. I really hope this pays off and they'll be able to keep investing in the park.

This is a really awesome looking ride - Mack does a great job combining interesting, fun, and family into a complete package, and huge kudos to Sea World for using themeing to tell a story AND add to the thrill.

As someone above mentioned, it's great to see a theme on this that is well executed and NOT about an animal or myth. Even though it's 'just' a disaster ride, they look like they knocked it out of the park on making this all real looking.

As far as thrills go, having the splash dive into the whitewater and under that propeller is total genius - much MUCH more interesting for the rider than a big outdoor splash - I'm curious if it has a "headchopper" feel when riding.

Great show!