TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you hate that everone else loves?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm usually pretty good at finding the good in every coaster; I'd rather be on a coaster than not.

That being said, if someone could please explain the hype around Afterburn I would very much appreciate it. It was my 6th and most recent B&M invert and falls nicely into place as my 6th favorite B&M invert.

I'm with you on not seeing what most people do when it comes to Afterburn. I certainly don't hate it, and think it's one of the best coasters in the park. Heck, I have it rated higher among Inverts I've ridden than you. But I still find it a lot less great than most enthusiasts seem to.

As for the biggest coaster I "hate" that tons of people love, it has to be I-305, even though I wouldn't say I "hate" it. I just didn't care much for it, and found it uncomfortable, and uninteresting, as did my kids. I'll give it another try next time I go to KD, but as it stands, even with Volcano gone, I'm not sure it's in my Top 3 coasters at the park.

I also find Magnum to be WAY less amazing than many enthusiasts. I appreciate its role in coaster history, and I still get some fun rides on it here and there. But it's one of my least favorite Hyper coasters at this point, and is barely a Top 10 coaster at CP for me.

Unless there are a bunch of people out there who love Green Lantern (now Le Vipre) or Wilde Beast, I don't there are any coasters I actually hate that are widely loved.

^ We'll never be friends.

Euro-Mir is my jam.

It used to be mine, too. But it just wete utterly bumpy and banging somewhere between August 2016 and April 2019. Haven't had any good ride since - and I tried multiple times.

Also effects are broken or not working sometimes..

It just needs some (a lot of) TLC. If not.. TAER IT DOWN!

• 1 month later...

El Toro. That thing scared the crap out of me when I rode it in the second to back on my sophomore year's trip to GAdv. I did not like the dropping feeling in my stomach. I am not going to ride it again. (Maybe I will one day, but not now.)

Based on the love shown when Kings Island closed it last year, I would say Vortex. I was not impressed with it. The other coaster might be Riddler's Revenge. Sometimes I don't mind it, but I'm not a fan of stand up coasters. Put Kumba trains on Riddler's and the ride would move up quite a bit for me.

Maverick. Now I don't hate it, but I also don't go out of my way to ride it every time. I'd rather marathon on Cheetah Hunt.

I have similar feelings for Skyrush. It's such a frustrating ride for me because it could easily be a top 5 ride if it weren't for how uncomfortable the restraints are. During a Hershey visit I would rather marathon Storm Runner or Fahrenheit.

Maverick. Now I don't hate it, but I also don't go out of my way to ride it every time. I'd rather marathon on Cheetah Hunt.

I have similar feelings for Skyrush. It's such a frustrating ride for me because it could easily be a top 5 ride if it weren't for how uncomfortable the restraints are. During a Hershey visit I would rather marathon Storm Runner or Fahrenheit.

The lapbar piece or have you not been on Maverick with the solf shoulder straps?

I would have said Maverick too, if that was based on my 2012 and 2014 visits. I absolutely despise those hard Intamin shoulder straps. When I went back in 2017, Maverick instantly became a top 5 coaster for me.

I feel the same way about I305. I never rode it with the original restraints, but I am confident I would not like the ride nearly as much as I do if it didn't have those soft straps. Same also goes for Storm Runner and Fahrenheit.

The lapbar piece or have you not been on Maverick with the solf shoulder straps?

I meant the lap bar on Skyrush was uncomfortable. I never minded Maverick's restraints, although the addition of the soft shoulder straps did make a noticable difference in terms of ride comfort. If Skyrush put in standard 2x2 Intamin trains, it'd be one of my favourites for sure.

Lech Coaster.

Maybe because i've had a very big breakfast before heading to the Park, but during our ERT session I got motion sickness everytime the train reached the final brakes.

I really like intense rides and I never felt sick on other coasters, but this one got me dizzy everytime I rode it. Lots of positive G's.

Skyrush. How could I forget?

I rode it opening year and the PAIN I felt in my thighs at the end was horrible. I now refer to it as Blood Clot: The Ride.

Were these changed or altered at all? I rode it once and vowed never again.

Were these changed or altered at all? I rode it once and vowed never again.

The foam was changed to something a little softer, and the lap restraint now pops up a little bit once you're stopped on the final brakes.