TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you hate that everone else loves?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a huge fan of RMC hybrid coasters. I prefer the traditional wood rides, even if they are a bit rough.

My dad actually rode the old Rattler and it damaged his back to the point where he couldn't ride anything else for a few weeks. His favorite ride at SFFT is Iron Rattler. Although you probably have more tolerance than he did, so the hybrid market really is for those who have low roughness tolerance (and yet RMC has yet to refurb a Boomerang or SLC)

• 4 months later...

I don't "hate" this ride, but Flight of Fear at KI was sort of a letdown for me. One of the weaker coaster launches out there, has pretty jerky transitions, mostly forceless, and the mid-course brakes nearly bring the train to a complete stop. I do particularly like the final corkscrew before the final brakes though.

I'm going to add Kumba to my list. I really could careless about this coaster. It's not that it is a "bad" coaster. Its just NOT all that it is cracked up to be. It's an old school B&M Sitdown coaster, and a mediocre one at that. I'd gladly take SheiKra over Kumba any day.

• 7 months later...

Thunderhead at Dollywood. I was really looking forward to riding this, but when I finally did, my rides on it were pretty rough and rattly, gave me a minor headache. Roughness aside, it didn't have a lot of airtime or any moments of strong intensity that I'd been expecting since many rate Thunderhead fairly high. Hopefully they give it some retracking soon, it could do wonders for the ride.

^ I agree. Went in expecting a top ten coaster and came out with what could be a top ten coaster if it wasn't so dang rough, like seriously, it rivaled some much older woodies in terms of roughness.

Also, I think everyone knows what other coaster I have in mind for this topic

Thunderhawk at MIA. I have ridden so many SLC's that I have learned the proper way to ride without head banging. Holding your head forward and keeping your head out of the otsr's makes for a intense and fun ride.

Carolina Cobra at Car. New vest restraints make for a smooth ride. Plus that loop is intense backwards.

Firehawk at KI. Much more intense then superman flyers

Fahrenheit at HP. Very neat and unusual ride

Thunderhawk at MIA. I have ridden so many SLC's that I have learned the proper way to ride without head banging. Holding your head forward and keeping your head out of the otsr's makes for a intense and fun ride.

Carolina Cobra at Car. New vest restraints make for a smooth ride. Plus that loop is intense backwards.

Firehawk at KI. Much more intense then superman flyers

Fahrenheit at HP. Very neat and unusual ride

I think you got it backwards. This for coasters that everyone but you likes, not ones that you like and nobody else does. Although speaking of Firehawk, there's another one that fits for me. I found it uncomfortable, boring, awkward, and clunky. It also felt ridiculously slow.

Comet at Hershey Park, it's just weak to me. It doesn't even give me a classic coaster feel. I enjoyed Blue Streak at CP, GASM at SFOG, and Thunderhawk at DP much more as 'classic' wooden coasters.

Hate is a strong word, but I think Goliath at SFOG is the weakest B&M hyper coaster I've ever ridden. The only coaster over 200 feet that I enjoyed less was Steel Force. It's not a bad ride by any means, but I think it's brother that I've ridden viciously outshine it.

Ohhh, did have it backwards.

Intimidator at Carowinds. Besides the drop and first turn I was yawning.

Gatekeeper. Between the nut crushing restraints and jokingly boring layout I was amazed its a fan favorite at CP

Personally I think X2 is a terrible ride. I've been on somewhere between 250 and 300 coasters (I don't know the exact number and don't particularly care at this point) and besides Green Lantern First Flight (coincidentally in the same park) I think it's my least favorite coaster in operation. It beats the living hell out of you and is just a terrible, terrible piece of crap.

For me it would have to be Kumba, it was very intense and forceful but it just left me extremely dizzy and nauseous.

Kumba. It is a rough headbanger that has too many positive Gs, which I don't really like. Too intense for me.

I think it's pretty funny that in the last few pages we had 2 people complain about Kumba because it's "too forceful and intense". People like you are why Hydra exists and why we can't have nice things.

Forcefulness can definitely be done right and wrong. Haven't ridden Kumba but the other old school B&Ms I've ridden definitely do it right. I love the whip you get in Raptor's inversions and the not-quite-greyout you get riding Wildfire in the back and front rows. Forcefulness can also be done wrong, my main example here is a Boomerang which has a decent amount of G-force but is ridiculously boring. I have the nagging feeling Kumba is in the former category, though...

I'm not a big fan of Tatsu, and everybody else seems to love it, so I suppose that's where my vote goes.

I don't like Tatsu too because after I rode it I was sick and I had to puke!!!!:(

Why was that? Do you get ill a lot on rides?

Forcefulness can definitely be done right and wrong. Haven't ridden Kumba but the other old school B&Ms I've ridden definitely do it right. I love the whip you get in Raptor's inversions and the not-quite-greyout you get riding Wildfire in the back and front rows. Forcefulness can also be done wrong, my main example here is a Boomerang which has a decent amount of G-force but is ridiculously boring. I have the nagging feeling Kumba is in the former category, though...

It might have something to do with the fact that the only 2 boomerangs I've ridden have the new vest restraints (Hershey Park's Sidewinder, and Carolina Cobra) but I've actually really liked both of them. I hated the Invertigo at Dorney park though.

The only Boomerang I've ridden is the one at my home park. It has the old Arrow-style restraints which are a huge hit or miss for me. I really liked Invertigo @ KI though.

I love the vest restraints. I've ridden 5 arrows that don't have them (yeah I know, arrow and vekoma aren't the same thing but you get what I mean[ Cedar Point's Corkscrew, Tennessee Tornado, Loch Ness monster, Carolina Cyclone, and Ninja at SFOG before the transformation]) After riding Ninja and it's new form Blue Hawk I realize how huge of an improvement the vest restraints are. They support my upper body so much more and I can't bang my head.

How bad did you want to utter the word "Titan" right there? Did it give you the shakes to hold that in?

I know you said "Bomerang", but we all know you meant "Titan".

I'm just screwing with you BTW. You actually make some really good posts, I just think the Titan hatred is hilarious.

How bad did you want to utter the word "Titan" right there? Did it give you the shakes to hold that in?

Sorry LiftThrill don't wanna seem like I'm ragging on you but LMAO at this.

I'm just screwing with you BTW. You actually make some really good posts, I just think the Titan hatred is hilarious.

Cracking up! We all have a 'Titan.'

Love you man <3 yeah I was gonna say Titan but besides the helices it's actually totally forceless

(and I'm totally OK with being messed with haha)

Sorry LiftThrill don't wanna seem like I'm ragging on you but LMAO at this.

see above