TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you hate that everone else loves?

Steel Force. It's a smash hit among the general public, but it is honestly one of the worst, most forceless coasters I have ever ridden. Last time I rode I was about face having a calm conversation with my friends.

Edited by Jcoaster

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superman and Green Lantern at SFGAdv. The GP love those rides, but they are two of the most uncomfortable coasters I've ever ridden, and they're both gimmicks to boot. Don't understand how they pull the biggest lines at GAdv while the superior Bizarro sits forgotten in the woods.

Any RMC coaster.

HAHA, you thought I was serious? Get off this site.

I know this isn't very popular among coaster enthusiasts, but I'm not a fan of Carolina Cobra. Season 1, it was alright. But I guess being a true Vekoma, the ride got shakey and banged my head after season 2.

I know people will hate me for this...but Kumba. Yes it is forceful but it has a boring drop and is very rough. It isn't that exciting to me.

You are dead to me - I kid....I kid...

In my experience, I find that I just don't "get" coasters that people love sometimes. Also, it is an unfortunate fact that when you ride and where you ride play a HUGE role in this as well.

Example: First time I rode El Toro - we rode it first thing in the morning. Everyone on the trip with me said it wasn't running well - but I really just didn't get the enthusiasm for it. Fast forward 2 years later - rode it in the afternoon and had ERT at night....OMG - face melting speed and stomach flipping airtime. What a great ride.

Raven: rode it in the morning, liked it but just did not get it - then, we rode it after dark. OMG, it felt like I was on a different ride!

Beast: non-wheel seat during day, liked it. Non-wheel seat at night - LOVED it. Wheel-seat at night: My chiropractor loved it but me... not so much.

I've never gotten Milennium Force or Maverick at Cedar Point. I'll be visiting for the 1st time in 7 years in about 2 weeks and I am really looking forward to having my opinion updated

David

^It does make a difference. Last Summer I went to Dorney and rode thunderhawk around lunch time. I don't really remember where I sat but I do remember that the trim before the last hills wasn't activated and, as a result, I got some great air (which is enhanced by the buzz bars). Later in the day I rode it again but with the trim working and it was a totally different story. A killer ending really is important and I would have ranked it quite a bit higher if I hadn't decided to ride it a second time.

I've never gotten Milennium Force or Maverick at Cedar Point. I'll be visiting for the 1st time in 7 years in about 2 weeks and I am really looking forward to having my opinion updated

Depending on when you rode Millennium Force before, I think you may be pleasantly surprised. I'm always blown away by how much better the ride runs when its hot mid/late season versus early on during the chilly Ohio Spring. Got a few laps Friday during Platinum ERT and it was fantastic. Great floater air on the first camelback, strong air on the return camel and the typical strong air on the speed bump. Whenever I finish a summer lap, I wonder if those criticizing the ride have ridden it at its best.

Maverick It's just painful to me. It would be a lot better if they added padding to the restraints.

I know it has been said many times before, but if they'd simply just put Intimidator 305 restraints on Maverick instead the ride would be amazing. It would definitely be in my top 5 if they transitioned to those.

I hated Skyrush the first time I went on it. One of the only rides I've ridden where I was waiting for it to end.

My first post here...read this entire thread, and I was going to say Skyrush the whole time. Did not see anybody else say this ride, until this last page. I agree. I totally get why many call Skyrush "thigh-crush". I was in pain the whole time, and for quite a bit of time after getting off. I have never had this experience on any other coaster. Granted, my count is only 88, but this one is dead last. Love the extreme nature of the ride...hate the pain you have to endure. Right up there with a kick to the nads.

Oh, hi, I hope to have fun here. My home area is Southern Cal, and I am thinking about going to the Knotts event. Looks like you all have a ton of fun here.

Dare I say it?

Balder

Now I don't really hate it, but still. I have (now) ridden wooden

coasters around the world that I really enjoyed, honestly.

More than B-a-l-d-e-r , okay? (No hate please)

(EDIT to add examples I love: Troy in Toverland; Twister in Grona Lund; Dauling Dragons in China!)

1908475404_ResizeofIMG_5394.JPG.03b3eaa6357909cb6fef390898983160.JPG

I would rather ride Kanonen a number of times, which I did during our ERT, than on Balder. Just me.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Dare I say it?

Balder, Twister in Grona Lund

Come on bill. Not a fan of quick transitions or speed on a wooden coaster? (I still think el toro>balder but still)

For my own over rated choice, easily magnum.