TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you hate that everone else loves?

I don't love Mantis, I just don't think Mantis is bad if you "know how to ride it." As in, make sure there is a little buffer room in between the restraint bottom and yourself.

Alpengeist, I don't hate it but I do not think it is nearly as good of a ride as it is hyped up to be. I mean, It's not a bad coaster,it's just a little underwhelming.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant really think of any Coaster that I hate, but a Coaster(s) that if I were to never ride again and it not bother me? Every single Roller Coaster at SFMM (circa 2005) except Goliath. I simply was not impressed, and honestly, what has been added since 2005, I want the credits, but not one single installation has made me yearn for a return.

I don't love Mantis, I just don't think Mantis is bad if you "know how to ride it."

To me, hearing this statement is a sure clue that a ride is no good at all.

I agree. I don't think 'fun' should ever be used with the term 'defensive riding'.

• 8 months later...

Millennium force Has to be one of the most overrated rides ever. When I got ready to ride I was expecting the greatest coaster and drop ever. But the coaster didn't have much to offer. It had very little airtime and the over banks ended up being extremely repetitive. It seemed like it built up so much speed and just wasted it. I would just rather get a ton of rides on Magnum with its great ejector airtime and it's very short wait than have to wait so long for such an underwhelming ride.

dont hate it, but many love it very much and i rode it and well.....it was just okay.

Im talking about Millennium force.

I just don't get it at all.

It was actually what I expected it to be. Fun, decent pacing, great length, and that's it. I don't love it either, I prefer Nitro and although it met my expectations, the drop was a bit less exiting than I expected (shambhala's, at portaventura, actually felt longer and with more consistent air).

I don't hate it at all but I'm not a fan either and because it had a long line compared to there other rides at CP when I was there all I got was 3 rides in two days, much less than TTD or Raptor, for instance.

The one and only time I rode Manta at Sea World Orlando I didn't enjoy it. The pretzel loop made me feel nauseous, and as a result I didn't like the enjoy the rest of the ride. It looked great, but I don't want to repeat it now.

I didn't 'hate' it, but I was completely underwhelmed by The Beast.

The Beast has an interesting layout but besides the helix the ride can be very underwhelming. I know people say you shouldn't have to ride a ride in a certain seat at a certain time of day for it to be great... but one night ride in the front will give you a whole new appreciation for this ride.

Jack Rabbit at Kennywood. SNOOOOOOZE FEST, save that one moment of airtime. Everyone raves about the double down. It does deliver on some decent airtime, but nothing to rave about. Especially with Phantom's Revenge being in the same park, which provides better air on every hill. Thunderbolt easily beats this coaster in every department.

I wouldn't say I hate leviathan, but found it rather forceless the last time I rode it. I'd just been on Behemoth, and Drop Tower, and found compared with those two, Leviathan seemed to have no airtime or forces apart from the 1st drop. It could've been that I had a bad seat (was near the back, & every other time I've rode it's been closer to the front), & that it was rather windy and cold that day (might've slowed the ride down?), but anyway, the ride seemed to do nothing for me.

IMO, CF basically gave Canada their own shortened MF, complete with forcelessness.

Here's one from left field...Kawasemi aka Intamin Mega Lite. And yes, I know no one else is in this camp with me.

Had a day to kill on a Tokyo layover in August, chose Tobu Zoo to get the best credit in all of Japan. Ended up riding about 7-8 times with no wait but the ride just did not connect with me. I found it to feel way smaller than I was expecting and short ride-time, and when compared to Holland's Goliath or SROS or T-Express or Voyage all of the airtime moments seemed really punchy and short as well. The stock name is perfect...it's an Intamin mega coaster but much smaller and shorter with less sustained airtime, so I don't really get why it's a top 5 ride. Totally didn't get it.

Magnum, Verbolten, Big Bad Wolf, and Beast are all VERY overrated in my opinion. I have many more but those are the ones that always get on my nerves when people fantasize over them.

Why would it get on your nerves if other people like certain rides more than you do? That doesn't make any sense... it's a matter of opinion.