TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you hate that everone else loves?

As much as I really enjoyed the launches and the inversions, I was turned-off from Maverick at Cedar Point from the sharp transitions on the turns after the first drop, and the few after the second launch right out of the tunnel and above the pond. I love insanely wild rides, but bracing myself from suddenly slapping against the ride's restraints isn't my cup of tea.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I'm with you there. I thought Maverick would be a GREAT ride if it just had lap bars. All that defensive riding kills it for me.

And then I-305. It's an intensity machine, but that's it. Whereas I find Voyage very intense AND fun, I-305 is just intense. No fun.

The things they could have done with that ride/budget. Along Rebel Yell, through it, around and over stuff. Tunnels, trenches, etc. Even going up the lift you can't enjoy the view - it's pointed the wrong way and you are being held back by the restraints. I'm a lift hill enthusiast and I can't even enjoy that!

But I don't really hate it, I'm just very critical of it. In my eyes, it has no redeeming qualities.

^^ I-305 is different with me. I really enjoyed that coaster, and even the harsh transitions. For that I thank the current restraints on it. Maybe if Maverick had those (or some soft wrap paddings around the restraints) then I could enjoy it immensely.

Also, I don't think I'd be on the same boat for lap-bars on Maverick due to it having less upper-body restraint on the turns.

I wouldn't say hate, but mildly dissatisfied with Top Thrill at Cedar Point. Yeah it's over 400 ft tall, it's fast, but it leaves me wanting more, plus don't even get me started with the insanely long line!

The same can be said for Millennium Force. Lack of airtime not withstanding, it could've been a bit longer in my opinion. I actually enjoyed Maverick, though.

Edited by HowieP

I like coaster rides in the cool night time of fall (and winter) but I avoid Fright Fest / Haunt / Halloween excessiveness.

I've learned about too much actual violence to enjoy simulated violence as entertainment, plus I don't like the smog machines used to create fake fog (as if that is supposed to be scary). It wouldn't surprise me to see a Halloween event show snuff films to ratchet up the scariness factor, although the daily news from many parts of the world is far scarier than fake monsters.

I rally don't like the Great Bear at Hershey park. I would much rather ride just about any other B&M invert. I don't hate it it's just Montu is at my home park and it puts Great Bear to shame! Great Bear has no G hugging helix and the weakest Zero-G roll of any B&M invert. Also it's so short I was like, where did the mid course break run go! Its so short avid very weak. I wish Heershey would have gone with something better then that because all there other coasters are way better!

I'm going to say what several people have already said. . . I hate Millenium Force.... Absolutely hate it!! For me... After the first drop it's just long drawn out turns, and airtimeless airtime hills.... Everyone LOVES this ride. . . But I just don't see why. Yes it's "fast" and has a great first drop... But that's it. Those two things don't give me the desire to ride the ride!! But hey, me not waiting in line for it will make the line shorter for everyone else!!

Soarin' - apology wrote this rant thinking topic was ride not coaster.

I don't get it. It's a simulator with no attempt whatsoever to protend it is not a simulator. You start in front of a giant movie screen.

When you compare it to star tours or even back to the future/simpson which try and put you in a proper themed car it just seems amateur but people love it.

i mean the orange smell is nice and there is wind but seriously? It is the type of ride you expect at a local park not at Disney and with the lines it generates. How is it considered an E-Ticket?

Volcano at Kings Dominion. Short, the same inversion 3 times in a row, and replaced 3 great attractions for the mediocre ride. Heck, I prefer Avalanche and Flight of Fear!

I have never ridden Volcano so I can't really say whether it is good or not but I do feel that it is too short too. It just seems such a waste of energy and the only drop it has leads you directly into the brakes. There could be at least something like a loop or a cobra roll after the drop. I would really like to try it, though.

Another one I forgot about that a lot of people have said: Tatsu. The ride was very boring to me. That and as I have gotten older, flyers give me nausea. Both B&M and flying dutchmen. Sucks for me.

I like coaster rides in the cool night time of fall (and winter) but I avoid Fright Fest / Haunt / Halloween excessiveness.

I've learned about too much actual violence to enjoy simulated violence as entertainment

Don't be so sensitive. As a police officer, I've lived the violence, and I can still enjoy Halloween entertainment.

Volcano at Kings Dominion. Short, the same inversion 3 times in a row, and replaced 3 great attractions for the mediocre ride. Heck, I prefer Avalanche and Flight of Fear!

Gonna have to agree on this one. I wouldn't hate it so much if it wasn't such a short ride, pulling one hour waits on slow days.