TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2013 Live Updates!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCB Knott's was great! Knott's is my home park and the rides in ERT ran the best I have ever seen with some crazy spinning rides on Sierra Sidewinder to a Xcelerator that seemed a little faster than normal. Also, the Montezooma crew was great.

Jeff answered around 318 questions about Windseeker!

Don't forget about the 174 Iron Ghost Rider questions, 22 Kingdom of the Dinosaurs questions, the Toast Rider question, and the Charlie Brown: Drop of Good Grief attached to Xcelerator question.

You can't forget about the Killer Catawampuses from Compton question. That was comedy gold.

Just wanted to come in here and give a huge thank you to robb, elissa and all the people at sfmm and knott's for putting on another incredible wcb that was somehow even better than last years. Also wanted to say thanks to Chris and Jeromy for letting me hang around for two days. Also, if Dylan is reading this I have to have ask how the half beard is coming? Still can't believe that actually happened.

Just wanted to say thanks for the event, I had a blast. I've been going on coasters since I was a kid, but I haven't visited many parks nor been on too many different coasters, well this weekend saw my 50th Coaster with Apocalypse, hopefully I'll be able to keep this trend up. I hope everyone got home safely.

Just wanted to come in here and give a huge thank you to robb, elissa and all the people at sfmm and knott's for putting on another incredible wcb that was somehow even better than last years. Also wanted to say thanks to Chris and Jeromy for letting me hang around for two days. Also, if Dylan is reading this I have to have ask how the half beard is coming? Still can't believe that actually happened.

The half beard became no more when I woke up.

IMAG0291.thumb.jpg.b8646a320ae33361d78542ecdb632591.jpg

WHY ROBB WHY

The Montezooma's crew kicked A$$! Thanks for making us a sign, Jake!

I had to leave before the night ERT, but kudos to the operator who made that sign. It's always cool to see parks out there that really care to put on awesome events at TPR and appreciate our visits!

I'm glad everyone appreciated the sign! I just wanted to do a little something extra to make everyone feel welcome and it ended up being received so well haha. It was a blast to have you guys for night ERT at monte and I hope you all had a fantastic day.

No problem dude, enjoyed the company!!!!

Need to throw in the before picture for Perspective

Dylan.thumb.jpeg.4ec07b4f8766b6be1176b4abee446789.jpeg

Edited by robbalvey

[attachment=0]IMAG0291.jpg[/attachment]

Well I hope you don't feel like you've lost a beard so much as you've gained a Monte road wheel and Boomerang shock. Thanks for all the help in the TPR Quest!

Thanks TPR for another awesome event, and to Knott's for being great hosts and for the cool coaster nerd swag! Can't wait for Charlie Brown: Drop of Good Grief coming soon!

Well, my first official TPR event has come and gone. While I wasn't able to attend the Knott's day, I still had an absolute blast. SFMM was fantastic, and the crowds were light to boot! Highlights included the YOLO ERT, having 2 trains in a row launch on Superman while ascending Lex Luthor's tower...made for some epic (and nerve-wracking) tower swaying, and an elusive good (even great) ride on Green Lantern (seriously, it had me laughing out loud...total chaos without pain). I got to hang out with some of my fellow Bay Area peeps, and had the honor of meeting and spending the day with Brian (JJLhetto)...a truly nice guy whom I'm happy to call a new friend. It was also interesting to see a bash in person. I knew that Robb works hard to put these things together, but I never truly understood until I saw it myself. I can't imagine the amount of work and stress that must go into one of these events, and I'm truly appreciative of all Robb did to pull this off. My sincere thanks, Robb, for such a great day. Thank you also to Magic Mountain for hosting this event and giving us a double dose of YOLO ERT. Can't wait for the next one. And, if it's a Bay Area Bash, divorce threats from my wife won't keep me away!

Thank you for putting on another great and memorable event despite the raccoon and having my wallet get sucked out on Xcellerator and raining everyone with it's contents on morning ERT. Thank God I got the wallet back with all of its contents.

Great job, one of these days I need to go on a trip.

Was that BEER at SFMM I saw Robb holding?

Was this special for WCB or do they sell beer? I didn't recall seeing anywhere to buy beer when we were out there and was a bit bummed because it would have tasted so good with the 90+ temps during our first visit. I thought it seemed strange for a park that size to not sell beer and figured that it may have been a park or county regulation....or we just failed to find one of the few places they sell it?

I didn't think that Hershey sold beer until our second visit when we found the stand in the food building across from the Coal Cracker & Great Bear. Labor Day weekend they had Troegs IPA and Sam Adams Octoberfest on draft!

Thank you for putting on another great and memorable event despite the raccoon and having my wallet get sucked out on Xcellerator and raining everyone with it's contents on morning ERT. Thank God I got the wallet back with all of its contents.

Great job, one of these days I need to go on a trip.

Come on, the ERT raccoon was awesome!!!

Was this special for WCB or do they sell beer? I didn't recall seeing anywhere to buy beer when we were out there and was a bit bummed because it would have tasted so good with the 90+ temps during our first visit. I thought it seemed strange for a park that size to not sell beer and figured that it may have been a park or county regulation....or we just failed to find one of the few places they sell it?

I didn't think that Hershey sold beer until our second visit when we found the stand in the food building across from the Coal Cracker & Great Bear. Labor Day weekend they had Troegs IPA and Sam Adams Octoberfest on draft!

Last time I was there, they served beer at Mooseburger Lodge.

Was this special for WCB or do they sell beer?

We left the park and went to BJ's down the road for a few hours.

Last time I was there, they served beer at Mooseburger Lodge.

They don't serve beer at Mooseburger. They have Bud Light or Miller or some crap like that, but not beer.

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks Eric and of course all the others like Robb for the again brilliant reports/vids and pics from the many coasters and other thrills. It's always a pleasure to see a Schwarzkopf coaster in its original (Train-)Form.

Thanks for the efforts to share, guys!:-)

Thri "loving California (-Landscape)" !!er

Food Etc (I think that's what its called) by Goliath has Butt Light and Michelob Amber Bock on tap and Shock Top, Corona, and Stella Artois (which is actually beer) in bottles. Only $8 for the draft, and $8.25 for the bottles if I recall correctly. They don't let you take it outside the Food Etc. though so you have to drink it there.