TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Shocking Ride Announcements?

So, with all these rides being announced at this time of year, I was wondering, what you guys think was the ride announcement that shocked you the most?... It doesn't matter if it's from this year or not.

Personally, i found the announcement of Goliath at SFGAm was pretty surprising. We knew it'd probably be an RMC, but It's crazy how they can fit it in such a small footprint, and relatively soon after a major addition like X Flightt ... Can't wait to see how the ride turns out, and wonder how people will like it conpairrd to outlaw run.

So, what do you guys think?

Edited by dropzonefan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say I never thought in a thousand years that SF Great Adventure would jury-rig a drop tower onto Kingda Ka...that's about the goofiest idea I've heard in a very long time. I had heard the rumors and just chalked them up to nutty fanboy/girl fantasies. I can see SFMM doing it on Superman because of the way the structure of that coaster is - it lends itself far better to having another ride attached to it than an Intamin rocket coaster.

Worlds of Fun's 2014 WindSeeker called SteelHawk. That name shocked me. It would sound better as WindSeeker.

Bahama Blaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I thought it was going to be a coaster on the boardwalk.

Ignight: Grand Finale shocked me also. I thought it was going to be a green lantern coaster.

Edited by coolkid

Only one that really shocked me was X-Flight at SFGAm. I honestly didn't think that park would get anything and that the few rumors passed around about it were nothing more than other new coaster rumors that have no evidence. Though maybe I just missed the survey marker pictures.

Wonder Mountain's Guardian surprised me a tad too. I guess I just found it weird that Cedar Fair would be taking that route.

Despite being flat rides Great Escape's Extreme Supernova and La Ronde's Demon seemed to come out of left field since these two parks don't get as much attention compared to the bigger Six Flags parks.

Dollywood's Wild Eagle and SFGAm's X Flight last year. We knew they were adding something big to each park considering the land clearing going on but I wasn't expecting wing coasters.

SFGAm's Goliath wasn't a total shock as we all knew it was going to be a wood coaster but I was shocked when I saw the renderings and video.

I think Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFDK two SF announcements ago was a huge shock to the community. When all of the rumors for Six Flags were surfacing mid 2011, I don't recall there being anything about a launched coaster for SFDK. Most of the attention seemed to be drawn at whether Dolly or SFGAm would be the first at announcing their wing coaster, and then right out of left-field, Premier triple-launched coaster. I never saw it coming.

Despite being flat rides Great Escape's Extreme Supernova and La Ronde's Demon seemed to come out of left field since these two parks don't get as much attention compared to the bigger Six Flags parks.

Dollywood's Wild Eagle and SFGAm's X Flight last year. We knew they were adding something big to each park considering the land clearing going on but I wasn't expecting wing coasters.

SFGAm's Goliath wasn't a total shock as we all knew it was going to be a wood coaster but I was shocked when I saw the renderings and video.

I was shocked by the two thrilling flat ride additions as well, but definitely pleasantly surprised. I actually commented a few days before the announcement on the Great Escape forum that a frisbee flat would really round out their collection of flats since they have a solid drop tower, incredible scrambler, and plenty of spinning rides.

First Post Here!

Anyway i'm actually shocked that SFGAv is actually attaching the drop tower to the front of Kingda Ka. Ever since the bolt failure on Kingda Ka, id never think of them letting people back there! Honestly, i was pretty sure they would add a freestanding structure for their drop tower near the closed off path in between Kingda Ka and El Toro.

Cedar Fair's 50 million dollar, three year investment in Carowind's; promising waterpark expansion, record breaking rides and coaster(s), new entrance, and more. Maybe because it's my homepark, but I still think it's the best.

That's my vote. 50 million is a lot to spend on park in only 3 years, the future is bright for Carowinds.

From recent history, I found Leviathan and SFMM's new kiddie coaster to be quite shocking.

I think Lex Luthor surprised alot of people too. Alot of people speculated it would an independent drop tower where Thrill Shot was or just somewhere else in the park but I doubt anybody thought about it going on the side of Superman.

Funny thing is I posted about putting a drop ride on the side of Superman, but everyone thought my idea was just plain crazy...