TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 639: Montezooma's Revenge major renovations announced!

44 minutes ago, Animal said:

Due to Covid my platinum pass just expired that I originally purchased back in January of 2020. I went to renew and the way it is worded it makes it sound like I’ll be paying full price for the pass to expire at the end of 2022. Is that true? Are the passes not valid for 12 months from the purchase date? If that’s the case I won’t renew until next January which would suck!

The park allowed my family to renew their 2020 passes for a discounted price to last until the end of 2022. But they did it physically in the park at guest services, I doubt that option is available online. The park has a LOT of 2020 passholders whose passes just expired last week and I bet many of them want to continue to the end of 2022. I think you may have to do it over the phone or at the park though.

EDIT: And yeah, for whatever reason, Knott's is the only year-round 365 park I can think of that uses seasonal passes that expire December 31 rather than 12-month passes like SeaWorld/Busch/Disney/Universal.

1 hour ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

The park allowed my family to renew their 2020 passes for a discounted price to last until the end of 2022. But they did it physically in the park at guest services, I doubt that option is available online. The park has a LOT of 2020 passholders whose passes just expired last week and I bet many of them want to continue to the end of 2022. I think you may have to do it over the phone or at the park though.

EDIT: And yeah, for whatever reason, Knott's is the only year-round 365 park I can think of that uses seasonal passes that expire December 31 rather than 12-month passes like SeaWorld/Busch/Disney/Universal.

Damn, that’s pretty brutal to make you pay full price for half a year. They should at least pro rate it!

7 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Knott's is the only year round park in the Cedar Fair chain, so its conforms to the calendar year "season" pass of the rest of the company , rather than the rolling "annual" pass of Disney/Uni.  Six Flags does the same thing for the parks in CA and TX.

• Like 1

Did they just announce the above? I was at the park today, using up the last of my Season Pass (I now qualify for an out-of-state season pass holder, which lasts through June). I didn't plan on renewing as I'll be out of state for much of 2022, but I'll likely re-purchase for 2023 and hopefully get a free December visit thrown in.

The park wasn't crowded today, but Knotts is very much in prep-for-summer mode. Lots of rides were closed (more than what was already known), and ops were quite scaled back. As the result, what was open saw some lines longer than what's usually expected at this time of year. I waited 45 mins for Ghost Rider, which is probably the longest I've waited for it in years (totally worth it). Line-jumping has always been an issue at Knotts, but it was particularly wild today. That said, props to the Ghost Rider staff member who caught a few jumpers and booted them out the door.

I ended up just riding a few things, walking a bunch of laps, and then bailing — which was more than fine.

4 minutes ago, ryder said:

If the ride crosses the street (or goes under it), that could affect utilities and infrastructure, so of course the city would have to be involved.

I think he meant "why are people, not the park, bothering the city, because absolutely nothing is going to happen."

I was always under the impression that the city had a HARD no rule about stuff involving the public roads.  That's why we've never seen anything try to expand west into the grassy overflow parking lot.  But maybe tunneling technology has improved to the point where it doesn't have to disrupt regular traffic on Beach?

1 hour ago, ryder said:

If the ride crosses the street (or goes under it), that could affect utilities and infrastructure, so of course the city would have to be involved.

To clarify, The city is not in the position to have casual conversation about what plans they may or may not have come.  to us its an awesome out of this world, boner inducing experience to see plans, to them it's just a job. . .