TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rumor was they also wanted the county to be in the "yellow category"  OC is still far away. Source for below: https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/

Rumor is there are some high up California government peeps out in Florida, checking out the parks, and putting something together for your terrible governor who hates parks!

On Saturday 9/26/20, Theme Park Review was invited to experience the Knott's Taste of Fall-o-ween event, the next in a wonderfully endless string of events at Knott’s Berry Farm.   The event runs F

Posted Images

Good for Knott's for figuring out how to open up and almost using this as a demo for opening the rest of the park up. Thanks for sharing!

"You want picnic tables, friend? We got picnic tables!"

So many of them. Worth the trouble of setting them all up, I can see.

Oh yeah. AWESOME FOOD, by the way! Thanks for sharing your visit there.

i went to the last day of Taste of Calico. maybe because it was the last day, it was fairly crowded. i'm glad they made it bigger. it wasn't nearly as easy to find tables the day i went.

Do any locals think Knotts can open soon this season (or at all) with Orange County taken off your Governor's shit list??? I just read that Disneyland is putting up plexiglass barriers at it's entries. Possible preparation for reopening. Not sure if this is true or not. I hope so, since I'd love to ride again even if it's at Knotts. I really need this to happen at Magic Mountain. I know that's another thread.

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the counties, it all has to do with the state and we all know what’s going on there. SMH. Expect after the election the parks will be able to open. My guess mid November

I'm still betting on nothing till 2021 at best. Number are still not great. They do go down, but then often go right back up.

Has anyone seen the new guidelines that just came out today? If I’m reading it correctly Knotts and Disneyland should be able to reopen very soon. All indoor rides would likely have to remain closed for now. It’s all based on county.

Has anyone seen the new guidelines that just came out today? If I’m reading it correctly Knotts and Disneyland should be able to reopen very soon. All indoor rides would likely have to remain closed for now. It’s all based on county.

I am showing the theme parks are closed even in counties in the "Minimal" lowest group. It looks like amusement parks are still a separate discussion.

https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/orange-county/business/2020/08/28/governor-s-new-reopening-plan-does-not-include-disneyland--knott-s-or-other-theme-parks

CA’s New Reopening Plan Does Not Include Disneyland, Knott’s, or Other Theme Parks

By Joseph Pimentel Orange County

PUBLISHED 7:14 PM ET Aug. 28, 2020

ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. — Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood, and other theme parks across the state will have to continue to wait for the governor’s guidance on when they can reopen.

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday announced a new process for reopening businesses across the state amid the coronavirus pandemic called Blueprint for a Safer Economy, but it did not include guidelines for theme park operators.

What You Need To Know

Disneyland and other theme park operators still have not received guidelines from the state as to when they can reopen

Gov. Gaving Newsom unveiled a new process for businesses to reopen

The closures of Disneyland and other theme parks have hurt Southern California's economy

Newsom said he is working with theme park operators on how to safely reopen theme parks

When asked by a reporter on when Disneyland and other theme parks can safely reopen, Newsom said amusement parks are a separate business category and that he’s working with theme park leaders on guidance.

“We are working with them,” Newsom said during a press conference. “We set our discussions aside on that. It is a very dynamic conversation, and so we didn't include it in the update today. That is a separate conversation.”

800134892_Annotation2020-08-28170748.thumb.jpg.e4d6e5f02b89d3f249878081f0a53c43.jpg

Even the minimal counties have amusement parks closed.

331827303_Annotation2020-08-28170707.thumb.jpg.e1a5a1426f6d035eaf8df9117f2df9d4.jpg

Activity selection

During the Q and A section of the governor's press conference somebody specifically asked about theme parks. Governor Newsom said that they are still "actively working" on guidelines for theme parks. (Basically the same thing he's been saying the last 3 months.)

Its funny because Orange County was removed from the state's watchlist last weekend, and as of today, it is showing ranked "purple" which is the most severe of the new levels.

I am looking at this as a good thing, that Theme Parks are NOT being grouped in with normal businesses. And I am hopeful that the work that Disney has done in Florida will be a good proof of concept for the guidelines here, and allow us to open all theme parks soon.

Quick question. I’m thinking of heading to Taste of Knotts this weekend but my Driver license recently expired. I just got the temporary paper one from the DMV. Would I be able to purchase alcohol at the park with that and my expired license??

Honestly, that is going to be up to the individual employee you deal with that is actually selling you the alcohol. Probably just bring your old one and the paper one, and hope for the best. But, I would think you would be fine with both.

Honestly, that is going to be up to the individual employee you deal with that is actually selling you the alcohol. Probably just bring your old one and the paper one, and hope for the best. But, I would think you would be fine with both.

Not in CA. Must be a valid photo ID. The temp paper one won’t work.

Uh......Fun Bun? (And I'm too old and lazy to look it up.)

BEHOLD!

"Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you!"