TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

No, people are legit idiots. When that coaster fell into the ocean in Seaside heights and the images were circulated everywhere, people came on here and informed us that it was "now official" as the ride was listed as defunct on RCDB. I'll never forget that.

No, people are legit idiots. When that coaster fell into the ocean in Seaside heights and the images were circulated everywhere, people came on here and informed us that it was "now official" as the ride was listed as defunct on RCDB. I'll never forget that.

Oh god I didn't realize it had a following. I wonder how much I could bribe 'em to put up "Giga coaster" under an "untitled Kings Island project".

xcelerator is down for the week.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 7.14.27 PM.png[/attachment]

I'm glad I read this and I checked on the app to confirm. Looks like I'll be going to Knott's for Boysenberry Fest this Friday 4/6 instead of Thursday 4/5 like originally planned. It will be more crowded but I want my Xcelerator damn it!

I was there Easter Sunday and saw it testing, looks fun. Quite a bit of work on the exterior of the station and groundwork to be done. I would rather have them take the time to make the area look nice and not bare bones. The lighting on the ride works really well with the colors. Sol Spin was also not working, still haven't been there when it was working. Well, hopefully, next time.

I just read that hangtime will open on May 18, 2018!!!!

Source?

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

HangTime's Grand Opening: May 18, 2018

Catch some gnarly thrills on the first and only dive coaster in California, debuting at Knott's Berry Farm! #KnottsHangTime

It's official, Hangtime opens May 18, 2018! TPR received a press release from Knott's as well:

Catch Some Gnarly Thrills During the Grand Opening of HangTime on Friday, May 18th!

Knott’s Berry Farm announces the grand opening date of HangTime, the first and only dive coaster in California, to debut on Friday, May 18, 2018. The much anticipated ride will tower 150 feet over the Boardwalk area of the park and will showcase gravity-defying inversions, mid-air suspensions and twisting dive tracks. HangTime will send riders up a vertical lift hill on a 16 passenger train, into a 15-story 96-degree drop - the steepest drop in California. The coaster’s train will come to a halt once at the highest peak, and will leave riders suspended at the crest for several seconds, before descending down a beyond-vertical drop, through 2,189 feet of steel track and five gravity-defying inversions. The coaster pays homage to California’s beach culture by incorporating elements of surfing to the ride throughout the queue and on the ride itself. The surf themed coaster will only be the second rollercoaster in the Western Hemisphere to feature a negative-g stall loop, which gives riders the sensation of floating. HangTime is manufactured by Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, GmbH, and is the company’s next-generation “infinity coaster” model.

124929808_HangTimeDayTimeRenderingWithLogo.thumb.jpg.5bc71bec996fa8c00599454093aff0d8.jpg

A little personal speculation, but I feel like Knott's might have strategically used the phrase "Grand Opening" to leave the possibility of a soft opening. Other SoCal parks have done soft openings recently (Wizarding World, Transformers), Knott's may continue to follow example from others in the market.

Six weeks seems to be a VERY healthy buffer to get everything buttoned-up considering all the testing, commissioning, queue-building, and landscaping they've done to-date.

Even GhostRider soft-opened on 6/3/16. That was more than a week before the official "Grand Opening" on 6/11/16.

A little personal speculation, but I feel like Knott's might have strategically used the phrase "Grand Opening" to leave the possibility of a soft opening. Other SoCal parks have done soft openings recently (Wizarding World, Transformers), Knott's may continue to follow example from others in the market.

Six weeks seems to be a VERY healthy buffer to get everything buttoned-up considering all the testing, commissioning, queue-building, and landscaping they've done to-date.

Even GhostRider soft-opened on 6/3/16. That was more than a week before the official "Grand Opening" on 6/11/16.

Universal is the king of soft opening/technical rehearsals. i remember transformers being open way early. then they did a passholder special day where you got to ride once. uh, but a couple weeks ago i marathoned it like 30 times.

even if may 18th with no soft opening, hopefully, that gives the following week before labor day for some fairly dead crowds before getting into summer.

Does anyone know if platinum pass holders get a discount on the boysenberry tasting card? I was thinking of going on Saturday for the food.

No, there are no passholder discounts on tasting cards for either food or alcohol during Boysenberry Festival.

You'd think they'd want to be able to track what the passholders are spending money on during the festival, but either they have other ways to do that, or the extra profit is more important to Cedar Fair.

The price for tasting cards, boysenberry plants, etc. has gradually risen over five years since they started the festival.

I think I’m most excited about the fact that this ride essentially has the same restraints as B&M clamshells, and those things are probably my favorite restraints on the market.

Yeah the Gerstlauer restraints are great. I loved them on Kärnan

^I've just watched it dispatch 6 times with all the trains empty. The only people I see are in the station; likely ride operators in training.

There looks to be a block between the station and lift which will help with capacity. It may have been noticed/known before, but this is the first time I watched it testing live.