TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 630: Knott's Scary Farm 2021 mazes and shows revealed!

If you look at it, it seems that there is more than enough space to fit a Baron 1898 esque B&M Dive Coaster in there. I made sure that the scale was accurate on Google Maps, and I don't think it'd be even a tight fit to put a dive coaster there. We might be seeing Cedar Fair's next large B&M on our hands.

1911789607_Baron1898.thumb.JPG.4b3000a828e63535e4882163722144b4.JPG

The amount of space Baron takes up (Give or take)

Boomerang.thumb.JPG.0a30804ce33bfb30ba26518da93df0fb.JPG

The amount of space available in Boomerang, Riptide, Wipeout, and the Sky Tower's old spot (Give or take)

So, why is everyone jumping on board with it being a dive coaster? Did someone just suggest it and people are saying confidently, out of the dozens of realistic possibilities, that this is what it'll be?

Looking at possibilities over 200ft for coasters, a dive coaster seems like the most likely candidate. Los Angeles already has a hyper; hyper coasters would take more space, while a dive coaster is more compact hugely in part because they have a steeper lift and drop AND because their drop is parallel to the lift and doesn't take up additional space at the end of the lift.

I'm not saying Knott's won't replace boomerang with a flower bed that will be watered with the tears of whiny enthusiasts. In fact, the discussion if a ride over 200ft came to life with the hyper coaster rumor that has been going on for years. What I believe is that a Dive Coaster would be the most likely possibility IF and ONLY IF the we are discussing coasters over 200ft.

I'm not outruling the possibility of something completely new, either. Intamin could design a 200ft wing rider aquatrax for all we know. It is a matter of the likelihood and ambiguity of predicting that something like that will happen that keeps me from considering that as an option.

In the end, I'm merely in here to have fun speculating, as are others, including those just reading for entertainment and not commenting. I don't believe my prediction is the all-knowing truth.

If you look at it, it seems that there is more than enough space to fit a Baron 1898 esque B&M Dive Coaster in there. I made sure that the scale was accurate on Google Maps, and I don't think it'd be even a tight fit to put a dive coaster there. We might be seeing Cedar Fair's next large B&M on our hands.

[attachment=0]Baron 1898.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Boomerang.JPG[/attachment]

Forget just Baron 1898 - the park physically could fit a full-sized Dive Coaster that the plot if they wanted. Sheikra's lift on covers around 220 ft of ground, according to Google Maps, and it's wide, turning, pre-drop transfer only has a diameter of 120 ft. The Boomerang and Riptide plot measures 400ft long and 120 ft wide underneath Boomerang's lift, and is even wider at the cobra roll end.

but I think SFMM has something completely different in mind.

Hopefully it's Zamperla Giant Discovery, the park needs one bad

Don't you mean dueling Superloops with VR that only works after performing an animal sacrifice?

but I think SFMM has something completely different in mind.

Hopefully it's Zamperla Giant Discovery, the park needs one bad

Don't you mean dueling Superloops with VR that only works after performing an animal sacrifice?

Not quite

If Boomerang is closing then that can only mean one thing.

#RMCBoomerangFor2019

Hoping for RMC Corkscrew, myself. Fits with the park's "returning to the roots" moves as of late. (obviously kidding) Please just not a Premier Sky Rocket. The last thing the park needs is another short and low-capacity coaster.

Hoping for RMC Corkscrew, myself. Fits with the park's "returning to the roots" moves as of late. (obviously kidding) Please just not a Premier Sky Rocket. The last thing the park needs is another short and low-capacity coaster.

Agreed, the last thing the park needs is another low capacity launched coaster.

Out of curiosity, the pool that surrounds the Gliders and Scrambler, is that the former splash pool for Perilous Plunge or is that something that was built for the Boardwalk expansion?

Knott's finally adds season drink option for $29.99 with disposable cups. Also, Panda Express and other places added to all day / season dining program,

2089900505_knottsdinkplan.thumb.JPG.965c97cf90b6bc3ecae04816db04a489.JPG

New drink program

581224448_menu2.JPG.a8b4a6fb73079e801001d061cf36a9af.JPG

Dining program additions

2056548370_menu3.JPG.0f5f48119fe6c51e511a4c622e8533a2.JPG

Dining program additions

719896869_menu4.JPG.6bf37f6659bb9677dac518e43d033805.JPG

Dining program additions

panda.JPG.1da9fad9299283e6a8822295393fcbf1.JPG

Dining program additions