TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^^Like stated above, it won't be dead but it won't be too busy. Assuming 2 train operation where applicable, I'd say expect 30 minute waits for the major attractions and around 15 minutes for other rides. Lines could get up to an hour if a ride is only running one train, so if you know anything is in one train operation ride it first. In any case, you should be able to do everything in one day without any issues.

Just an update for anyone going to the park soon, Ghostrider went back up from rehab today with two trains running. Copper is out of rehab, so silver and copper are out on the track with gold in the shop.
The last few times I went, I didn't see Silver on the track at all. Why would that be? Was it in the shop all that time since JUNE 2013?! Kinda hard to believe... Oh well, glad ol' SIlvey's back.

I don't know, a lot of people seem to enjoy the idea of the water rides but don't like getting wet

Yup, I personally dislike getting wet (which is why I never liked Perilous Plunge), I don't mind log flumes but rapids rides forget it.The one at California Adventure is the worst, getting drenched in all that dirty A$$ water brings my germ phobia to the red zone

The water on water rides is probably cleaner than your tap water. All the water in water rides are constantly recirculated through filtration and chemicals.

I think you forgot a smilie? You can't be serious, right?

On topic, after the Knott's family sold the park - did any of the family stay on as employees? I thought I had heard/read something about somebody sticking around, but I can't remember who/when/where (or even if I am recalling correctly).

Just an update for anyone going to the park soon, Ghostrider went back up from rehab today with two trains running. Copper is out of rehab, so silver and copper are out on the track with gold in the shop.
The last few times I went, I didn't see Silver on the track at all. Why would that be? Was it in the shop all that time since JUNE 2013?! Kinda hard to believe... Oh well, glad ol' SIlvey's back.

Silver has been in rotation since September 2013, must've been one train days when you went. Also Silver Bullet is back up to two trains now.

Knott's Berry Farm have extended an invite to our TPR Forum readers to attend their media day for Calico Mine Train! I have about 25 spots open and I will take them first come, first serve.

The Calico Mine Train media day is on Thursday, June 12. You'd need to be available from 7am to 10am.

If you'd like to attend, please send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with "Knotts Media Day" in the subject and include your:

Full Name

email address

TPR Screen Name

TPR Forum Members ONLY! No Guests!

You will receive an email from me once you are confirmed.

--Robb

For the season pass holders in this forum, your going to like this

Calico Mine Ride and Camp Snoopy Preview

Be among first to experience a fresh Camp Snoopy and ride its 3 new rides as well as the fully restored Mine Ride. Camp Snoopy will open at 7:30am to Season Passholders on Thursday, June 12th. Then at 9:15am the fully restored Mine Ride will open to unveil its new décor, figures, and more. Last year’s fully restored classic the Timber Mountain Log Ride will also open at 9:15am that morning for your enjoyment. A valid 2014 Knott’s Berry Farm Regular, Gold, or Platinum Season Pass is required for entry.