TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to derail this thread any further, but a huge part of the problem is there not anything actually tough about them. They exist, and some businesses (like Knotts when they were open for all their fo

Theme Park Review was invited out to Knott's Berry Farm this morning to check out the all new Knott's Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair.  "“Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair” is a new 4-D i

Theme Park Review was invited to experience the Knott's Taste of Boysenberry Festival on Saturday, March 6, in what is a welcomed return to SoCal theme park food and drink events! The tasting car

Posted Images

^ You know, once you see it in person, it doesn't look that bad. Sure, it's not in the best place for a coaster, but they're trying to save as much theming as they can, at least the graveyard is gonna survive this construction.

---Brent

Thats good to hear. I hope they plant a lot of trees, because the Wild Wilderness is my Favorite sections of the park. It had such a good vibe.

--Jay

^ It's one of the only sections of the park that still has that old Knott's charm to it. Hopefully they will plant a lot of trees, it will look really good if they do. And a station like Sierra's would fit pretty good with that area.

---Brent

Well, remember...the park doesn't have much room to expand. So, they really have to fit the coasters in any way they can.

LOL! I love how you say "they don't have much room to expand" yet in the past 10 years they've built GhostRider, Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, and now Pony Express.

Seems like if they want to put a ride in, they will find room for it.

--Robb

Absolutely. It's a very common misconception that when a park has effectively filled its plot of land, that's it for ever. Rides will come and go, and can get relocated elsewhere. Where there's a will there's a way.

Well, remember...the park doesn't have much room to expand. So, they really have to fit the coasters in any way they can.

LOL! I love how you say "they don't have much room to expand" yet in the past 10 years they've built GhostRider, Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, and now Pony Express.

Seems like if they want to put a ride in, they will find room for it.

--Robb

Plus, Perilous Plunge and Supreme Scream.

--Jay

I wonder where they will put their next coaster and (if they do) what ride they will take out to make room. I hope that they take out boomerang and but one of those Intamin Ball Coasters in, those look pretty cool.

^This seem to be the NEVER-ending discussion with Knott's ...After Xcelerator, "I wonder where the next coaster will go and what ride(s) they will remove" ...After Silver Bullet, "I wonder where the next coaster will go and what ride(s) they will remove" ...After Sierra Sidewinder ...and now with Pony Exress. When will it go without saying that someone wonders "where will the next coaster go"?

Personally, I wonder where the coaster after the next two coasters will go.

Anywho, Pony Express actually looks like it will be kind of exciting.

^Yeah thats true but has anyone noticed that every coaster built in the past ten years at Knotts have gotten smaller and smaller. GhostRider, Xcellerator, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, and Pony Express.

At the pace they've been building this thing my guess is track work must be close to getting done!

Does anybody work or visit there that could post a quick snapshot?

^ Silver Bullet is not smaller than Xcelerator. Not as tall or fast, but much longer and spread out.

Eric

Yeah thats true but Silver Bullet doesn't take a huge amount of space because it's above everything thats under it.

• 3 weeks later...

After 2 "family" coasters in a row opening in consecutive years, I think a major coaster should be installed next. It seems they are doing the Mark Shapiro thing by taking care of every age group. That's fine; of course many of us would have rather had 1 major coaster than 2 "minor" ones, but a credit is a credit, right? Now Knotts needs a hyper. I wonder how they'd squeeze it in, though.

^That may be a little louder than they'd like around the hotel maybe? A massive roller coaster whizzing by at normal intervals throughout the day. Granted it'd be quiet for most of the night, it may not be something they'd want that close to a hotel.

^That may be a little louder than they'd like around the hotel maybe? A massive roller coaster whizzing by at normal intervals throughout the day. Granted it'd be quiet for most of the night, it may not be something they'd want that close to a hotel.

Hey, it's possible!