TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Considering they had to prep a new location, tear down a building, have a new support redesigned on Silver bullet and have gotten the footer poured already, I would say they are moving pretty quickly, considering.

Once that footer has cured, they will pour the platform and then begin putting the ride up.

^That's what she said

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised once the pieces start showing up on property that they'll get the structure installed in no time. There's really only a couple of sections to be placed, but more than likely most of the work will be to complete the landscaping, ride buildings, and queue....

^ how typical and boring of knotts to paint everything the same color in the surrounding area and not do anything interesting with the structure beyond the standard functions of the ride.

^It probably has more to do with annoying neighbors then just trying to annoy you... Most everything in the park is the way it is to reduce noise and light pollution to the surrounding neighborhoods. And honestly, id rather them not have a bunch of multi colored lights on it, it doest fit the park really.

Knott’s will be sizzling with the sounds of some of today’s most popular Latin artists on Saturday, May 14th and 15th.

Starting off the weekend will be a performance hosted by Univision Radio and featuring singer, actress and songwriter Dulce Maria whose album “Ya No” was released in February.

Sunday’s line-up, hosted by KIIS FM, will feature Latin recording artist Baby Bash who will be performing hits from his 2011 release “Bashtown.” Additional performers include the unique Latin-infused Urban/Pop sound of LaLa, and rap artist Sabi, who was featured on Britney Spears’ album “Femme Fatale.”

All performances are included with Knott’s Berry Farm Park admission. Guests can take advantage of special discounted Knott’s pricing online at http://www.knotts.com where they can purchase an all day regular Knotts admission for only $33.99 or a junior or senior admission (ages 3-11 and 62+) for only $22.99.

Knott's Berry Farm has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming Gospel Showcase.

Today’s most popular gospel performers will take the stage at the 11th Annual Gospel Showcase. Knott’s Berry Farm and KJLH Radio have teamed up again to present a day of non-stop entertainment, Saturday, May 21.

Gospel Showcase will pack two stages with powerhouse gospel performers from the playlist of “Spread the Word” (broadcast every Sunday noon – 6 p.m.) on KJLH. Scheduled performers include Karen Clark-Sheard, Shekinah Glory Ministry, Pastor Norman Hutchins, Beverly Crawford, Vashawn Mitchell, Shawn McLemore, Mali Music, Moses Tyson Jr., Jessica Reedy, Forever Jones, Myesha Cheney, JR, Michelle Bonilla, Canton Jones, The Nevels, Nicoe Potts and Kesha Ealy.

In addition to established gospel artists, this year’s line-up will again include some of L.A.’s finest church choirs invited by KJLH to share their gifts at the showcase including the Greater LA Cathedral Choir, LA Inner City Mass Choir, Christ Our Redeemer AME Church Choir, Jameel Jones & FREE, Lorenzo Johnson & Praizium and the Greater Zion Voices of Destiny.

Gospel Showcase at Knott’s offers a full day of family fun. In addition to the stellar performances, guests can also take in some of Knott’s awe-inspiring thrill rides including Silver Bullet, Xcelerator, Supreme Scream, and Pony Express. The younger set always enjoys a visit to Camp Snoopy where they can visit their favorite beagle and take one of the many rides designed specifically for them.

Tickets are available online at http://www.knotts.com for just $33.99 for regular admission and $22.99 for juniors (ages 3-11) and seniors (62+). For information on group tickets (15 or more), call Knott’s Group Sales at (714) 220-5211.

Edited by jedimaster1227

KNOTT'S NEEDS COASTER RIDERS!!!

Knott's will be filming the Travel Channel show "Bert the Conqueror" on Wednesday, May 25th from 7am - 10am and they have asked Theme Park Review to help bring in riders or "extras" to fill the trains.

They are looking for women and men, young and old to ride Silver Bullet and Xcelerator.

If you are interested in this film shoot please send me an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

I need you to include your:

- Name

- Email Address

- Phone Number

- TPR Screen Name

If you sign up for this, you MUST be available for the entire filming time and you need to be someone who can ride a coaster multiple times in a row.

Thank you!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

SENT! Awesome... what an awesome way to celebrate after finals. If I/we do get accepted we should all meetup after shoot... of course, we dont know details. Is it bad I literally laughed out loud when I read "men and women need to be able to ride accelerator and silver bullet multiple times?" Accelerator is one thing, but you have force issues if you can't ride silver bullet multiple times, lol.

Cant wait to see if I get chosen!

I would love to go to this event.

The one I went to was a Discovery Channel filming for Perilous Plunge on a foggy spring morning. You needed to be able to endure sitting in a boat getting absolutely soaked without any opportunity to dry off or warm up for 3 hours. It was fun.