TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I hope something like that happens, but PLEASE don't make it Knotts that gets the Mack Launcher! I mean, come one, they have 1/2 of SoCal's launchers all ready! Three!

An I305 For Knott's.....is something that crazy even possible? Yes. Do they have the $$$? Probably.

The only thing I wonder is...where would the ride start? What area of the park? And what theming could possibly be given to such a crazy coaster???

I guess, we'll have to find out!

-SoCal "Hopes for an Intamin" Coasters

I can tell you first hand after already seeing the front shell mounted and with the back shell installed today, that it just doesn't fit. Don't get me wrong its very nice looking, but I think they over did it with the whole flag thing, as the flames alongside the train are now also the flag as well. I think if Purple Train was to receive a similar treatment in the future, it would work better. Also, once the new paint job on the coaster is complete, all should look nicer regardless. I really want to start calling this ride "The Patriot"......

Ok then, how about "Patriot 2 : The Revenge"? That has Cedar Fair marketing potential written all over it

In regards to the painting.... I don't know why, but it seems all the supports have been simply painted only halfway up then everything on the project just stopped, and it has been a while since I last saw them painting it. No idea when it'll be finished, but I am hoping sooner rather than later because the paint does make the ride look MUCH better.

Actually, in the nine months it was down, Purple got a pretty extensive rehab itself. They even repainted it (using a metallic purple with fade effects on the flames and airbrushing "Xcelerator" on the hood of the train in the same lettering as the old Chevrolet logo) So it would seem pointless to spend that much time and effort to detail the train only to change it a year later.

Actually, in the nine months it was down, Purple got a pretty extensive rehab itself. They even repainted it (using a metallic purple with fade effects on the flames and airbrushing "Xcelerator" on the hood of the train in the same lettering as the old Chevrolet logo) So it would seem pointless to spend that much time and effort to detail the train only to change it a year later.

Quoted for truth. Purple Train got some serious rehab during the months the ride was out of commission.

Isn't the strong rumor that they're getting an Intimidator...of the 305 nature?

This is what I heard also and from the same old timer that says SFMM is getting a dive coaster 2012

The park is going to look amazing with a version of I305 in the skyline, I just hope they went back to the drawing board and tweek they're turns so we don't have any I305 blackout wheel issues lol. I would also like to know the mastermind that was able to fit a gigacoaster into Knotts that took some major planning and creativity. Anyways I'm talking like everything is confirmed I hope it is 2012 looks amazing if alll this is true.

^I won't believe it until the park makes the announcement, builds it and has it up and running for a year.

I can hear the moans now about it completing Cedar Fair's charm destruction process. Those people can get stuffed! At one time Knott's took risks and installed big, industry-first ground-breaking attractions. A giga would be a return to glory. I hope it happens.

I'm probably among the minority in this opinion, but I am actually hoping that it turns out to be one of the B&M Megacoasters, as we don't yet have one on the West Coast and the one which I have ridden, Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia, is the only non-inverting steel coaster to have cracked my top five. Whatever they get, I feel as if they would implement it without completely destroying Ghost Town.

I am of the opinion that the balance of rides at the park has improved since Cedar Fair took over and I feel as if the Knott family were still in charge, we would still have seen some of the additions that have come in since the takeover, although I think they would have been added in a drastically different manner: I could have seen the Knott family putting in Silver Bullet (although it would likely have not ended up being bright yellow and red and in the location it resides in now) and Sierra Sidewinder, although I'm not certain about Xcelerator.

There's also been rumors going around online of a Mack Launched coaster going to a park in California, and some have speculated it was headed for KBF-but I just cannot see them getting yet another launch coaster!

I can't really explain why, but I have a feeling that Mack launched will be going to Sea World, and built at least partially indoors. They have been trying to build a coaster there for over a decade, and 2012 would be the perfect year to finally do it. Sounds unlikely I know, given the struggles with the neighbors. But a "mostly" an indoor launch (like FOF) would solve the problem.

I honestly would accept a B&M Mega or Intamin hyper/giga at Knotts with open arms. Both have stregnths that California is currently missing. I'd give the slight edge to the Intamin though, simply because after such a long wait for an airtime machine in California, I'd love for them to go all out and go for height and speed.

Edited by John Knotts

I agree, I hope the Mack launched Coaster goes to Sea World with some great theming over water with a partially indoor section... maybe a revisited "Reef Runner." It would give me a good reason to go to Sea World and I bet they would execute it nicely.

As for Knotts... Well I hope for another Wooden Coaster. I'd love to see the Boardwalk return to its Roaring Twenties theme, a GCI or GG dueling wooden called "Dog Fight" would work nicely in the Plunges old location in a reworked area that could also include the removal of Boomerang for extra space. Kind of two dogs with one stone--Boomerang leaves, and Knotts gets a new roller coaster along with a return to the emphasis on theming days.

As for Knotts... Well I hope for another Wooden Coaster. I'd love to see the Boardwalk return to its Roaring Twenties theme, a GCI or GG dueling wooden called "Dog Fight"

I know you are not talking about illegal dog figthing, but in military terms. I look forward to animal activists complaining about the name.