TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

• 2 weeks later...

....................And in other news, Red Train on Xcelerator is being put back on the track. Three cars were loaded onto the transfer track today (Cars 1,2,3), but it's shell and side panels remain uninstalled. It shouldn't be too much longer until two train operations begin once again.

That's good news!

I am actually thinking of getting Thanksgiving Dinner at Knott's day after tomorrow and hanging out for a few rides and getting my 2011 Platinum Pass while I'm there.

I'm curious if the park will in fact be opening up the Sky Tower one last time still, I'm surprised they haven't closed it and began the process of replacing it with Windseeker yet. That's fine by me-the very thought of riding Windseeker is actually frightening to me. I'm sure I will get on it at least once, but looking at the videos of that has actually made me nervous about a new ride for the first time in a very long time. I'm even more curious to see what might be showing up in 2012.....

....................And in other news, Red Train on Xcelerator is being put back on the track. Three cars were loaded onto the transfer track today (Cars 1,2,3), but it's shell and side panels remain uninstalled. It shouldn't be too much longer until two train operations begin once again.

Yes, I too was at "the Farm" yesterday after flying in from South Florida. Lot's of activity by the maintenance folks reassembling train #2. I wonder what testing will be necessary after the train assembly is complete?

I wish the activity on the platform was as swift . I didn't get many reps yesterday, but hoping for more today.

If I had a guess, once they get red back online and thru testing, they'll take it's cousin offline for an annual. I didn't have many issues with the crew back last month, fairly quick to launch. Plus you have to keep in mind they have to be gentle with their intamin cable.

Another busy day today at "the farm." They did let everyone in early (not sure when), but I cleared the turnstile at 9:50. This wasn't a good deal. The only ride you could walk to was Ghostrider. The other parts of the park were chained off until 10. I normally get on the first or second dispatch on Ghostrider. I was on #8 of the morning.

The second train is complete now for Xcelerator. The fourth and fifth cars were added by noon (including it's wheels). Lots of work still remain on it I'm sure. None of the fiberglass parts are on yet, and who know about inspections.... There is progress though

^I think that it was busy because I am like 99.99% sure that the LA unified school district is out this week. I could be wrong though. Great to hear about Xcelerator's second train. Progress is progress! Hopefully I can go to KBF one more time before the season is up to get one more use out of my pass.

This is the first year that LAUSD kids have gotten all of Thanksgiving week off (hooray for not having enough funding for a whole year of school!). So that's why it was probably more crowded yesterday than it usually is. Normally, we only get Thursday and Friday off.

Did anyone ever figure out what those survey markers were? I believe someone at some point put them all on an arial picture of the park...does anyone have something similar to what I mentioned?

Also I am very happy to hear Xcelerator's second train is complete again....when I went during the haunt, the queue was completely full, and I suspect the wait was almost four hours....no joke...

I have another updated piece of news today....the front shell for Red Train on Xcel has been installed today. Side panels remained uninstalled, however, I'm sure within a short amount of time it'll finally be complete.

I just wonder what kind of testing process will be required before the G.P. will be allowed to ride that new train? I'm sure it will be extensive. Also will they take down the original train for work?

Did anyone ever figure out what those survey markers were? I believe someone at some point put them all on an arial picture of the park...does anyone have something similar to what I mentioned?

Also I am very happy to hear Xcelerator's second train is complete again....when I went during the haunt, the queue was completely full, and I suspect the wait was almost four hours....no joke...

http://www.westcoaster.net/blog/2010/08/what-is-knotts-up-to/