TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Much like riders on Supreme Scream don't reach that ride's total height (355 feet, if I recall correctly) as the triangular structure at the top of it's tower is included in the total ride height.

It isn't 355', otherwise it would be nearly twice as tall as Xcelerator. It's around 254'.

Nice! These rides all look fantastic, I'm really glad to see them being brought up at multiple cedar fair parks, they seem like great additions to any park lineup. I don't feel too bad for the old tower leaving, this seems like a perfect replacement.

Looks like a taller version of Chance-Morgan's Aviator ride. Even though it might not be physically intense, the feeling of being so high up and open sounds quite fun. Dragon Wing at Elitch's is only 1/3 of this height and much more confined in the restraints and that is still a great ride for even just the view, so this sounds awesome. Bonus points for not significantly changing the park's already busy skyline by replacing Sky Cabin!

I don't know, I'm a bit skeptic on all of these CF Ripoff Star Flyer rides.

Here is a bit of my reasoning:

1. I don't mind a bunch of parks getting these, but it seems odd for KI and CP to both be getting it the same year.

2. I'm not sold on the Mondial version of the ride. It already looks a heck of a lot less scary due to it looking more like a flat ride and not having scary little chains holding you in! Are we perhaps going to see a repeat of the 'Chance Aviator replacing the Flyers' fiasco again?

3. Is there a height restriction announced yet? Especially in Knotts' case, taking out a ride without a height restriction for this is a bit of a bummer, but shouldn't be a surprise at this point with what that park has done recently.

^ On the Knott's site is says 48" height requirement.

No surprise there.

Physical Dimensions

Height: 301'

Diameter in Full Swing: 110'

Max. Swing Angle of Arm: Up to 45 degrees

Time and Speed

Approximate Ride Time: 3 Minutes

Ascent/Descent: 50 Seconds

Rotation Speed: 8 Rotations per minute

Miscellaneous Facts

Groundbreaking: Fall 2010

Ride Opening: Summer 2011

Capacity: 32 Suspended twin seats

Cost of project: $5 million

Safety Information

Height Requirement: Over 48"

i don't really get what would be so intimidating about this ride. Beside the fact that your really high up, and your out in the open, it doesn't go fast nor does it free fall the way down. But maybe i'm asking for too much

. Is there a height restriction announced yet? Especially in Knotts' case, taking out a ride without a height restriction for this is a bit of a bummer, but shouldn't be a surprise at this point with what that park has done recently.

Nobody rode that thing, regardless of the height requirement. I can't remember the last time I rode it and there was anyone else on with us. Besides that, it's gotten stuck a few times and it's probably time for it to go anyway. Really its not like Knott's is a scenic park that needs an observation tower.

“Due to the long airtime, riders will experience a spectacular sense of weightlessness. This, combined with the fact that riders legs will be unrestrained, will create a sense of exhilaration which will enhance the feeling of free flight,” said Knott’s General Manager, Marty Keithley.

Exactly how (after watching the video) does this create airtime and weightlessness???

If there are no scream shields on Supreme Scream or Xcelerator I don't think there will be much of an issue with this.

Good point, although those attractions are over with fairly quickly. If I'm not mistaken, didn't they also fill Xcelerator with sand (supports or something to that effect) to lessen its sound?

I only bring it up because this attraction will be closer to the "neighborhood" then say an Xcelerator or Supreme Scream (but not by much.)

Meh, I kinda agree with Elissa. I dont see this being a MASSIVE draw, as the height is all it has going for it, and the capacity seems fairly good. Im kind of to the point where I will go to knotts if they add a new coaster and I'll go more often. I will go for this maybe once, but knotts is unable to compete with Disney for families or SFMM for thrills, so in my opinion knotts is the eternal underdog of so cal parks.