TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^Nobody was saying they should paint it right now. They are all saying that they hope it gets painted in the near future (which seems likely, given that they most likely painted that small section as a test).

can anyone tell me what kind of crowds I should expect for tomorrow? Me and my girlfriend are planning on going tomorrow and Im hoping to get as many rides in as possible! Since the schools are still in and it's a week day im not planning on it being busy at all, but I have never gone on a weekday before as I usually work during the week.

It should be deserted. Every time I've been there on a school day I have had walk ons or one cycle waits on every ride except for a couple visits when there was a special event I didn't know about. There are no special events tomorrow so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Have a great time.

This just in! There is a lot of left over paint from i305 and Ednor! This is just a rough artists sketch, of the one-of-a-kind paint job soon to be featured on Xcelerator! How XCITING!

I liked the red on Xcelerator. It looks good in that area of the park. They just need to well... make it red again! Im pretty sure it hasn't gotten a paint job since it opened.

--Jay

I got a text that says, if you have a season pass you can bring a friend on mothers day or fathers day for 9.99. Which is cool, but how do i convince my wife to let me bring someone with us on "her" day. I guess if i bring my cousin, he can watch the kids for a few and we can actually get a ride in together, instead of having to do a swap. Yes, sounds like a plan.

Oh, and that red and yellow paint makes it look like xcelerator should be pulling into a McDonalds, imho.

I can honestly say 1 train operation of 2 of the parks big 3 is hurting capacity, but at the very least schools still in so it's not as bad as it would be in say, July. To answer a previous question, a train in rehab takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks to disassemble and reassemble a train to working order. However there's no telling if the train in service now needs some TLC once the other goes back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Hanno went today and was not too amused.

As of 1pm Xcelerator still wasn't opened. One train on Silver Bullet with 4+ minute dispatches. Montezooma down. Sidewinder down (although this is a planned closure). Long line for one train operation Pony Express. Long line for one train operation Ghostrider. Mine Ride waiting for full trains before dispatching...I could go on, he has told me lots of stories!

Tried going to Guest Relations but giant line with two people working.

Sad...we'll have to get Hanno the rest of his credits during a TPR Knotts event at some point!

i went last thursday and everything was walk ons. Xcelerator didn't open til later in the day, sometime after 3, Montezuma was closed. There was a long wait for Ghostrider (single train), but it is so bad right now, i would avoid it if you don't need the credit. Problem was on the day i went that there were a lot of kid and teen groups, highschool band or day camps, stuff like that. Still, other than Ghostrider, i didn't have to wait more then ten minutes for anything, even in single train operation.

I wonder what is going on with Montezooma's Revenge. I thought I saw on another site that it was closed last week too yet it is not listed as down on their website.

I am going to KBF on Saturday with a family with 3 kids that have never been and I am trying to keep their expectations way down. I tried to get them to go to Universal but to no avail . . .

I stopped by the park today for a few hours this afternoon. Montezooma was open today even though the sign out front said it was closed. Today was pretty moderate in crowd levels (really crowded for a school day) thanks to all the school children being there for an outing rather than being in school. Silver Bullet and Pony were just killers with one train operation, Xcerlator's 1 train is tolerable but those other two really make one slow line. Sierra Sidewinder was closed and both Ghostrider and Jaguar had 2 train operation. And finally some of the smaller supports on the brake run of Xcelerator have been given a fresh coat of paint. I love Knott's strategy, just paint a little bit at a time Instead of closing the ride for a few weeks and paint it all at once.

^To be fair, they did have like 8 months to paint the damn thing (not that it even really matters to me)! Although, I must say, the park is SO much better with Xcelerator back. To think that the POS Windjammer once occupied that spot. Also...about Xcelerator...

443464079_InlandEmpireBash102.JPG.e9be41ee4adfcb3a8966049d9465babc.JPG

...Anyone notice anything different? As in something that can be used as evidence in the event of the ride blowing up in someone's face not being there?

Xcerlator's 1 train is tolerable but those other two really make one slow line.

I agree, 1 Train Xcelerator really isn't that bad if you aren't waiting for the front car.

^I can't help but notice how nice the new flame color looks!

Does anyone see them taking out Monte? That would suck, cause honestly, Monte is my second favorite ride in the park after accelerator! It makes me nervouse when a REALLY old ride goes down, especially considering a lot of the old knotts classic rides have been taken out. Even KOD, which was an awesome flat ride, If CF takes Monte I will be CRAZY pissed.

^^I sure hope not. I don't know about the costs to maintain it but there is not much that can be put there so I think it is safe for now.

I agree, 1 Train Xcelerator really isn't that bad if you aren't waiting for the front car.

With one train if the line is just to the bottom of the ramp it is still only a 15 minute wait at the most. Expecially with the kick-ass crew working on it. I always find it funny how so many people waste their time for the front. Alot of them I think don't realise what line they are in till they are about to get on. I always shake my head when the front car line goes down the ramp farther than the rest of the train line.

Silver Bullet and Pony were just killers with one train operation, Xcerlator's 1 train is tolerable but those other two really make one slow line.

I've found that GhostRider, Silver Bullet, and Pony Express are the three rides that have really slow moving lines with a single train. Jaguar and Xcelerator don't seem that bad with one train operation, although Jaguar usually doesn't get a long enough line to matter anyway (at least in my experience). Sierra Sidewinder is the one I've seen go both ways. With a fast crew they can get the train dispatched in about forty-five seconds to a minute, which means one train isn't that bad. However, I've also been on days where they don't seem to be able to load the train in under two minutes, which kills the already low capacity when there is only one train running. On Montezooma's Revenge and Boomerang, I certainly hope they are only running one train .

Does anyone see them taking out Monte? That would suck, cause honestly, Monte is my second favorite ride in the park after accelerator!

I'm guessing that Montezooma's Revenge will stay there as long as the ride doesn't have any major malfunctions. It is one of Knott's better coasters and they really couldn't do much with the space it occupies if it were removed. I think the next coaster to be removed from Knott's will most likely be either Timberline Twister or Boomerang. I could actually see Jaguar being removed before Montezooma's Revenge or at the same time due to low ridership.

Does anyone see them taking out Monte? That would suck, cause honestly, Monte is my second favorite ride in the park after accelerator! It makes me nervouse when a REALLY old ride goes down, especially considering a lot of the old knotts classic rides have been taken out. Even KOD, which was an awesome flat ride, If CF takes Monte I will be CRAZY pissed.

Its funny that you are upset about KOD, I'm still upset that KOD replaced knott's bear-y tales. And honestly if your going to get into rides they shouldn't have replaced, maybe gasoline alley, or even the soap box derby (i know xcelerator is there now but it was replaced by crappy windjammer). The corkscrew or maybe the parachutes. Hell i i miss the tilt-a-whirl.

Ok, enough nostalgia, montezuma is still a great coaster. Its in a weird spot that i don't think they could really use for anything else. For me its a better ride than boomerang, its still got a decent launch and that little hang time at the top of each side is still fun. Besides i think if knott's is going to keep up trying to be a thrill park, it is to it's advantage to keep as many coasters as possible. If for nothing else to say they have more coasters than the next guy and montezuma is kinda cool looking.

Ok, enough nostalgia, montezuma is still a great coaster. Its in a weird spot that i don't think they could really use for anything else.

I think they could fit an Intamin Impulse coaster in there quit well. I'd rather have Montezooma over any impulse coaster, but if we were doing things my way the park would still have the Soap Box Racers.

^To be fair, they did have like 8 months to paint the damn thing (not that it even really matters to me)!

To be even more fair, if it wasn't in their budget 8 months ago and they didn't have the paint yet, there was no way they were going to paint it.

They did have the budget to paint some of it while it was closed though...maybe it came too late? Whatever, I really don't feel like getting into a debate on Knotts's paint budget.