TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I'm going to assume it won't be open for WCB, which sucks I know, but I'm also hoping that some of the "extras" we have planned will make up for it! Many of you will get a chance to have a look at things at Knott's that have never been shown off before! Should be very exciting!

--Robb

I'll take a backstage tour of Calico Mine ride over a ride on Percy any day. If Xcelerator opens in time, great. If it doesn't, no real big deal. I've been to Knott's before when Xcelerator was closed and still enjoyed myself just fine. I can only imagine how fun Knott's will be while being there with TPR. Looking forward to it, however it plays out.

I'd like to clarify. Any post that I have regarding riding Xcelerator or Percy's Railway is completely and totally sarcastic, and pretty much just done for comedic effect. Whether or not the comedic effect works, I don't want anyone thinking I'm throwing a fit about something that's completely out of my control. I realize rides close and that I can't ride some kiddies, so it's seriously not a big deal. Regardless of what I get to ride, it's still going to be a hell of a weekend and I'm very, very excited for it since it'll be my first trip to both parks (and California, for that matter).

Looks like Boomerang will be closed for ERT as well: http://www.knotts.com/public/visit/schedule/index.cfm

Honestly, I think the morning at Knott's will be more about the extras than about the ERT. I mean, how many times can you ride Montezooma's Revenge and Supreme Scream in two hours without getting bored? I rarely, if ever, ride either of those more than twice in an entire operating day. Whether Xcelerator opens or not, I'm looking forward to the Calico Mine Ride tour and the S&S presentation more than anything else at Knott's. If Xcelerator opens, great. If not, there are plenty of other things to do and we still get night ERT on Silver Bullet and Ghostrider.

I saw Mystery Lodge in its original location at Expo '86 in Vancouver BC and was absolutely wowed by it. People we talked to all over the fair said it was a must-see and to brave the line, no matter how long. As I recall, it was a pretty long wait, but nothing too horrible. Maybe an hour I think. I saw it again a few years ago at Knott's and somehow it just didn't seem the same and I'm not exactly sure why. Not that it was bad or anything, because it was fine. I just remember leaving the theatre in Vancouver and being totally blown away by the show. When I saw it again at Knott's, not so much. Maybe it was just all the years that passed in between making my memory of it something more than it was. I would still encourage people to see it though.

I don't understand how people like Mystery Lodge so much. We only go in there if we need to cool off or warm up. I wish the benches were more comfortable and I would add napping to that list. I think it is super boring and a huge let-down.

I was at Knott's yesterday and one of their shops had Haunt shirts and hates from 2003 and 2007 for full price. If you are going to put that old stuff out at least make it discounted!

I am excited to hear someone from Haunt present at WCB! Even with Xclerator down, the Knott's day only gets better as far as I am concerned.

For those that follow knotts twitter a steampunk vampire scare zone is coming to Knotts haunt. I think thats kind of cool, but whatever. My issue is the scarezone is called Necropolis: the city of the dead. Is that not the EXACT name of a Six Flags scare zone that been there for years, although it is not in California. Now I understand there are only so many things you can name a scarezone, and I could live with this if it is a zombie scare zone as a Necropolis is a cemetary. What the hell does a cemetary have to do with steampunk vamps? I just dont get it. The Tagline is even The city of the dead where the fuel for their hideous machines is your blood. Why Necropolis? Worse of all this area will be in camp snoopy, so they cant heavily theme it anyway becasue kids come into the park during the day, so they cant have any crazy screwed up machines. In other words the scare zone is called "Vampires that where Silver which makes them futuristic" or something like that.

^I would like to add something as well.

Testing occurs only in the morning hours before park opening as of right now. That could however change when everything is about ready to go.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Anyone who has been reading the forums lately maybe have seen or heard about long lines to get an annual pass at Knott's Information building. Well, if the information I received is true, a new computer system has been installed/upgraded recently and has dramatically reduced wait times or there is hardly no line at all. Again, this is what I heard and may not be true but if it is a fact, good news for those wanting to get a pass.

I was at Knotts today to ride. Waveswinger is reassembled but not running yet. Nice new chains and seats. Looks nice without people on it ! No news from Guest Relations, I asked. The one train is in the station and the cables are now pulled taught . Looks like it's not too far off, but with the state and inspections who knows . It would be a nice surprise for WCB Sunday but I wouldn't hold my breath.

coasternut

I was at Knotts again today. I spoke with one of the rideops and he said the state is requiring them to cycle the ride 1000 times before they'll approve. Not sure how accurate this is. I do remember someone mentioning in this thread about it running in the mornings before the opening. Looks like another trip to California without riding Xcelerator. I'm off to Magic Mountain tomorrow.