TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

If I told you all that a backstage tour of "Calico Mine Train" was one of the tours "in discussion" how interested in that would you be?

No guarantees as of yet even we can even pull this one off, just putting feelers out there of what people may be interested in.

--Robb

Very interested!!!

As I said somewhere else, having this tour just might sway my decision to do the Knott's part of the event. (I'm wavering on it because I'm strapped for cash). But it's starting to look like WCB is going to bring to Knott's what Solace used to bring and what made it fun for the first few years.

Eric

I'm interested, it's indoors, and usually dark, so you'll see a lot of cool things that you havent before. Plus, it's one of only a few rides there that would have an interesting backstage tour since it's inside a mountain. That would also help sell me on the idea of going to Knott's (although the only reasons I may not go are money and homework).

If I told you all that a backstage tour of "Calico Mine Train" was one of the tours "in discussion" how interested in that would you be?

If this backstage tour was offered in addition to Xcelerator ERT I would definitely do the Knott's part of the event. My brother said that either this or the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs area would be the best backstage tour, but I don't know if there is anything left of that ride anymore.

No guarantees as of yet even we can even pull this one off, just putting feelers out there of what people may be interested in.

--Robb

Would definitely sweeten the deal for me.

--Robb

--Robb

Definitely interested in that!

I was basically thinking I'd choose one of the parks since I can't justify spending on both. But with the possibility of a Calico Mine tour, I am now leaning away from SFMM and toward Knotts. But I do wonder what I'd miss at SFMM that hasn't been announced yet.

Please note that the tours at Knott's are not confirmed yet. We are working through challenges of how to get a large group of people through an attraction or part of an attraction like Calico Mine Train. And it may or may not happen depending on a number of factors.

Just getting feedback on it though is very helpful in making it happen.

--Robb

^ Even the fact that it is something you are trying to get makes me give a big thumbs up to this whole operation.

And I'll just throw this out here for kicks - how about a tour of the old KOD building? I know they removed most of everything. But it would still be quite interesting.

^Ah, I thought it was late 70's, oh well, it still really holds its age nicely sometimes. But yeah, Pony Express hurt to much, but I also don't enjoy Ghostrider...well it's impossible to feel any emotion after it because it renders you temporarily paralyzed from all the spine crushing it deals.

^ GhostRider's situation is sad because it was so much fun when it opened. It just went to crap. For me, Pony Express isn't rough or uncomfortable, it's just too short. Great concept and decent theming, but poor execution.

Eric

I don't find Pony Express uncomfortable. Just short and boring. There are kiddie coasters I have had more fun on. The Canyon Blaster at SFMM is a better ride. If Pony Express got removed tomorrow, I wouldn't care at all. I still enjoy GhostRider, although it is very rough.