TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^^I think you're missing Joey's point though. $15 isn't the issue, it's the fact that you're being forced to buy it FROM Knotts who will now see a big increase in their merchandise profits for December.

That's exactly it. You said it best...just go back to enforcing the "you must bring your receipt" rule.

Disguising their ploy to increase sales (probably with toys that have been sitting around collecting dust in their warehouse) as a good deed is pathetic IMO.

^^I think you're missing Joey's point though. $15 isn't the issue, it's the fact that you're being forced to buy it FROM Knotts who will now see a big increase in their merchandise profits for December.

Oh, but I do understand. I am simply pointing out it will be good for the park because the money right now really helps due to the lack of attendance I have been seeing lately. I do agree that it sucks for the guests and the kids in need however, because if you are really doing the donation for a good cause, then being forced to buy whatever is on the shelves in the marketplace isn't going to seem very fair and like a smack in the face to the one's doing the donation. Of course, it makes it look like Knotts is the one doing the donation. At least the program is still around helping kids...

In the whole Cedar Fair Family I kind of see Cedar Point as this Big Mean New Step Father to all of the other parks.

CP dictated, "You will get my hand me downs", without really looking into Knott's details or other parks around the area. Knotts is like the older teenage boy that finally got the balls to stand up to the evil step father and say "NO! I don't want your old ride! My friend that lives an hour away already had that ride for years and it's not cool for me to get it now!"

Wicked evil step father will back off on this one, and find a different child to give his left overs too for now and let teenage boy exert some power (for now)!

I never liked or understood the idea of Knotts getting Demon Drop, and I'm glad someone else out there agreed with all of us!

In the whole Cedar Fair Family I kind of see Cedar Point as this Big Mean New Step Father to all of the other parks.

CP dictated, "You will get my hand me downs", without really looking into Knott's details or other parks around the area. Knotts is like the older teenage boy that finally got the balls to stand up to the evil step father and say "NO! I don't want your old ride! My friend that lives an hour away already had that ride for years and it's not cool for me to get it now!"

Wicked evil step father will back off on this one, and find a different child to give his left overs too for now and let teenage boy exert some power (for now)!

I never liked or understood the idea of Knotts getting Demon Drop, and I'm glad someone else out there agreed with all of us!

And CGA is the forgotten child...

Here's hoping that if it does, they will TEAR DOWN THE CASH OFFICE AND STOP UPCHARGING!!!

Yes, Swing was the prototype. Yes, we've seen success with the ride model...WITHOUT PEOPLE PAYING EXTRA FOR IT.

There are VERY few reviews on Swing, simply for the fact that people would NOT PAY $5 to ride it! (That's about 10% of a full-price ticket...on top of paying $6 for a hot dog and paying $8 to add a small order of French Fries and a Coke...I'm sorry..."American Fries"....and I'm not kidding.)

I'm tired of taking crap as an employee when I have to give people BS reasons why, FIVE YEARS LATER, we're STILL "leasing the ride from the manufacturer", when ANYONE can go on Wikipedia and see how old the Swing is. And then when people ask, "Will they ever stop charging for it?" We answer, "Probably, once it's paid for." People are FIGURING IT OUT, SUPERVISION!!!! They KNOW how long the ride has been here....PLEASE stop acting like they're idiots!!!

Though the vast majority.........

~Zen