TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

It would be kind of funny (but perhaps to some it would make more sense) if it went to a park like CGA. They got rid of their original 1st-gen and got the "Foot Lopper" model. Out with the new, in with the old.

And we'll take that Schwarzkopf back, while we're at it!

But I guess CGA is getting CHAOS...?

Seems like a very odd move to me. I too am surprised this thing is going to another park instead of the junk pile. The one and only time I rode it I got my neck all jacked up on the transition from vertical to horizontal. I just don't see the reasoning behind this one at all.

The one and only time I rode it I got my neck all jacked up on the transition from vertical to horizontal.

I noticed that in 2008, too. But it seems like a problem that could be solved. The rest of the ride went very smooth.... then, ka-THUNK!!! ouch.

It will be pretty cool/strange to see it in a new setting, though!

I wonder what will happen to Screamin' Swing? Off to another park? Moved to Soak City? Moved elsewhere within Knott's? I haven't seen anything about that.

Not a good move to me. Better to bring back Tumbler or put a dark ride or something else there.

I wonder, too, if this will be an upcharge ride?

Eric

As much as I'd like to see a first gen Freefall preserved, especially Demon Drop, somehow I feel that this could be a complete red herring.

I could be wrong, but seeing this in a Buena Park Community Development newsletter is not a conformation in my eyes. I wonder who they really heard this from. I'd like to hear it from the park, please

I agree that it is not a 100% confirmation...but that is an official Buena Park website. It is also equally as likely they got their info straight from planning documents submitted to the city (hence the reason they have the date for the start of construction).

I don't completely believe this yet, and I think it's a really weird/bad move for KBF/CF, but if this is true, I won't be devastated. It's a fun ride and would definitely be a must ride for me every visit (if lines don't get too long). Plus, they could make it look really nice and theme it to a mine shaft.

Rumor: I know of a Northern California park that was at one point interested in Knott's 8-seater Screamin' Swing.

I second that rumor.

If that rumor is true, it seems like Cedar Fair is maybe testing out a ride rotation program similar to Six Flags, but on a smaller scale.

I found a video that sums up my feelings exactly about this project...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSV-VtJfwRw

As for Screamin' Swing...I'm pretty sure it will be park-rotated

Dude Intamin 1st gen's are awesome. It may not make any sense but I would much rather ride this than the S&S snoozefest they have there now, at least Demon Drop is thrilling.

Assuming the rumor is true...where the heck would they put it?

I went to Knott's today for a quick fix of coaster...and I don't remember seeing any possible space for a ride this size. Even if it did take up the swing's spot, Pony Express is RIGHT there...along with the train track.

The park cannot possibly fit anything else in there...it's beginning to look like Blackpool Pleasure Beach!

"...the S&S snoozefest they have there now" (Papas)

Supreme Scream was good when it opened. But I agree that its current program leaves a lot to be desired.

Methinks Knott's is going to learn the hard way about keeping this ride maintained and operating. You'd think that when it was at Cedar Point they would already know.

Eric

^ At one time, you took the first drop, then went over halfway back up the tower. The drops got progressively smaller, of course, but you went for a longer time then.

Now, after the initial drop, you go less than halfway back up, and the drops get smaller much faster.

Eric

^It also used to hold at the top for a longer period of time. The first time I rode, it waited for 7 seconds at the top of the tower. On my most recent ride, it was only one or two.

I think the ride today has about three bounces before it just slowly lowers back down (will drop about five feet, bounce a foot, then drop another five feet, etc.). If I remember correctly (never rode with the original program, just watched other family members), it had about twice as many bounces before.

That would be like Six Flags Magic Mountain installing an old Schwarzkopf shuttle loop and trying to market it as something "new."

--Robb

Oh please tell me this is true!!!

Shane, you don't want that to be true. If it did happen, the train would have to be outfitted with in-house OTSRs, a five point harness, and 6 inch high seat dividers!