TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

There are some idiots over on YouTube where I watched the video later on, and were saying it slammed into another train, and nearly derailed it. Obviously, I know this didn't happen.

Did you expect anything intelligent or logical from 10 year old kids on youtube? Obviously a train collision is impossible on one train operation, and even in two train operation the other train would still be past the station in the waiting block.

Youtube's the epitome of idiots...You have your few who actually have common sense, and you got those who make false claims. So far, I've heard that "Knotts treats their employees bad, they make them test ride before we ride so if anyone gets hurt, it's the employees" and also heard that "Knotts is shady" and a bunch of other random nonsense about riots during Haunt. And most of these posts probably came from an unsupervised 12-year-old on the internet.

I love how that guy is talking to the camera and pressing buttons at the same time while talking about how his job responsibility is primarily safety (though must admit, I am pretty good running the rides while doing paperwork and other stuff at the same time so I cant rip on him ).

So this guy is famous eh? Seen him around while riding Xcel.

The guys name is Richard pruite (not positive onthe last name) he had the day record of 170 times in a day until a few weeks ago, I'm kinda a xcelerator reride freak like him, but I'm no where close to his record

I also got pics of the post cable snap stateof the ride if u guys want the pics

I tried to count the number of fins missing and I got 30. Could be more or less. But the park only has a couple replacements on hand correct? Cause with Ka they only had a couple on site so they had to wait for Intamin to send them some to replace the fins. And on the section where the most fins are missing, they seem to have removed the catch car channel.

The knotts website says that it is going to be in rehab from the 17th-30th of September. So I wonder if they are hoping to make a speedy recovery.

On a side note. Ghostrider was open and riding the same as I remember it. I hadn't been on it in a long time, and so I rode in the front. BIG mistake. I didn't know it was rougher there. But the back was amazing. It was just rough at the turn around after the drop after the MCBR.

And Pony Express is amazing!! I am so glad they made that investment. I know its supposed to appeal to a different age bracket. But I personally don't see any age bracket really liking that ride. The layout is just too plain.

I see one bent fin, and is that the catch car at the end of the launch? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Did you see the red train, or is it at the recycling center?

ya that one fin is bent but I've heard it has been removed since I took the pics, and yes the catch car was at the end of the launch but apparently isn't there now

edit: the week before the snap, I was talking to the ride ops an they said that they were trying to get the ride stable enough to run through haunt without breaking down, so I could see them trying to get the ride open as soon as possible

I walked by today before the park opened ( about 9 AM ) and there were mechanics working on the ride so I think they are trying to get it back in running condition ASAP for haunt and it really stands out that its closed because the exit to one of the mazes (witch goes around and under the ride) is the entrance to the ride!