TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

By the way, I now know why you guys keep saying Silver Bullet is a very weak B&M in terms of intensity. I just came from a mini Knott's trip and every time I would ride Silver Bullet me and my girlfriend would wait for the front. Honestly I have always felt some forcefulness during the ride in the front row but nothing too intense. So today me and my girlfriend decide to go in the back row and really see what Silver Bullet has to offer. So up the lift we go, first drop was fun but after that NO forces what so ever!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I do have to mention though that the ride was the smoothest I have been on while on a B&M... NO JOKE!!! I kept telling my girlfriend... "nothing, nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing!"going through the inversions and she agreed. It was surreal to be on the back row of a coaster and have a LACK of forces...

I don't get it...Pirates of the Carribean is 42 years old and the animatronics look lightyears better than Mine Rides. I dont understand how one park coul....Oh yeah. Disney spends money on capital improvements other than coasters. Don't I feel like a rube.

Yeah they were way better to begin with, but i belive disney has improved them since its opening.

--Jay

I should have been more specific in my previous post - animatronics made by Sally Corporation, some of which are truly incredible. I don't see how upgrading an attraction would be so bad - allowing the attractions to become obsolete and dated makes them candidates for the wrecking ball. Look at the cool upgrades to POC at DL.

Sorry if this is a little OT...

Has anyone noticed that RCDB lists Timberline Twister at 30 ft. high? Every time I go to Knott's, I try to find a low part in the ground next to a high part in the track that might get it close to 30 ft. Never happens. This ride cannot be 30 ft. tall. I know it isn't a big deal, I was just hoping someone could tell me I'm not crazy. The truth is out there!

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while since this thread has seen life, but Ghostrider is going through major rehab and track replacement. This is the single greatest thing ever, and if it is as extensive as I'm praying for(and Cedar Fair is kind of bad at doing what I pray for) then Ghostrider will become Californias number one wooden coaster once again. If not, get to knotts as soon as this opens and get a good ride in before it turns to crap again.

www.westcoaster.net/updates.php?updateCD=091609

Holy crap!! Those poor people, the kid looked scared enough already, then to have this happen! Hope everyone is ok. As in past cable snaps, looks like there may have been metal shards flying around, could be what hit them.

Can't believe Intamin hasn't done something yet to protect riders from the metal shards when these cable snap, since it happens so frequently, and most likely will continue to happen.

The person who posted this video wrote,

"the cable snapped mid way up the tower, the kid in front was bruised by the torn wire hitting his legs. Nothing major, ride will be down for a while."

I'm glad to hear the kid didn't get seriously hurt. What a "crap in my pants" moment that was!!!