TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ You know, once you see it in person, it doesn't look that bad. Sure, it's not in the best place for a coaster, but they're trying to save as much theming as they can, at least the graveyard is gonna survive this construction.

---Brent

Thats good to hear. I hope they plant a lot of trees, because the Wild Wilderness is my Favorite sections of the park. It had such a good vibe.

--Jay

Well, remember...the park doesn't have much room to expand. So, they really have to fit the coasters in any way they can.

LOL! I love how you say "they don't have much room to expand" yet in the past 10 years they've built GhostRider, Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, and now Pony Express.

Seems like if they want to put a ride in, they will find room for it.

--Robb

Well, remember...the park doesn't have much room to expand. So, they really have to fit the coasters in any way they can.

LOL! I love how you say "they don't have much room to expand" yet in the past 10 years they've built GhostRider, Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, and now Pony Express.

Seems like if they want to put a ride in, they will find room for it.

--Robb

Plus, Perilous Plunge and Supreme Scream.

--Jay

^This seem to be the NEVER-ending discussion with Knott's ...After Xcelerator, "I wonder where the next coaster will go and what ride(s) they will remove" ...After Silver Bullet, "I wonder where the next coaster will go and what ride(s) they will remove" ...After Sierra Sidewinder ...and now with Pony Exress. When will it go without saying that someone wonders "where will the next coaster go"?

Personally, I wonder where the coaster after the next two coasters will go.

Anywho, Pony Express actually looks like it will be kind of exciting.

• 3 weeks later...

After 2 "family" coasters in a row opening in consecutive years, I think a major coaster should be installed next. It seems they are doing the Mark Shapiro thing by taking care of every age group. That's fine; of course many of us would have rather had 1 major coaster than 2 "minor" ones, but a credit is a credit, right? Now Knotts needs a hyper. I wonder how they'd squeeze it in, though.

^That may be a little louder than they'd like around the hotel maybe? A massive roller coaster whizzing by at normal intervals throughout the day. Granted it'd be quiet for most of the night, it may not be something they'd want that close to a hotel.

Hey, it's possible!