TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Wow! That looks surprisingly fun! From the construction pictures, I had the impression that SS would be a little slow but I am glad to see that I am totally wrong! That thing zips through the course so quickly! I can't wait to ride it!

With my annual pass they let me through the exit gate at 9:40pm tonight (20 min til closing) and I got to ride. I enjoyed it a lot! Not scary or anything but unique. The wait was about 40 minutes (the ride was not running the first 10-15 minutes or so I was in line). I chose the 2nd car as the first car wasn't spinning all that much. The 2nd and 3rd cars seemed to spin the most.

On my ride the car didn't seem to spin often. I was mostly stuck looking to the side and got to see a bunch of rocks fly by (fairly close I might add) for much of the ride.. overall it was pretty disorienting and I couldn't stop laughing for some reason. Who knows if I'll ever ride it in that position again but I liked it.

I was glad that the spinning was really smooth as I was afraid it would be like Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom (the only other spinning coaster I have been on). I did hear a kid comment on hitting his head during the ride so it might not be that smooth for shorter folks.

Great job Knott's!

Not as spinny as people might expect or like, but it still looks like a really fun ride. I guess it's more of a rotating coaster than spinning (to me, spinning implies faster). But I think I'll try to take a spin if I can get some friends to come down with me sometime this summer!

Thanks for the pics and the vid too.

I noticed that the right is pretty fast! I thought it would be much slower actually. I'm not really fond of the colours of the ride. Especially not the colours of the supports. But in general, the coaster looks pretty much fun.

But I was wondering something: I saw a photo once and there you could see a part of the track (I think it was the part after the last bend and just before the brakes) and you could clearly see a bump on the side of the track. Maybe it's just the way the photograph is taken, but it looks very nasty.

So my question is: is the bump really there and can you feel it during the ride, or does it just look like a bump because the photo is taken on a weird angle.

Photo:

Benji

For those who say it doesn't spin as much as other spinning coasters, wait until you see the back car! That thing was spinning INCREDIBLY fast when I was watching it. My car spun quite a lot and the ride was very disorienting. However, the spinning could be a matter of weight. So, if you can get out here to ride it, DO IT!

---Brent

is the bump really there and can you feel it during the ride, or does it just look like a bump because the photo is taken on a weird angle.

It just looks like a bump from the angle its at, that's part of the heartlining.

^For now, yes. They only have a permit to run one train. The state will not allow Knotts to run both trains until they add one more brake to the brake run.

It is indeed a very fun ride. I was on the First public train in the front row.

The spinning is much more intense in the back, with the weight unbalanced. Very smooth and nice pacing.

-Alex