TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

As Derek said, this is supposed to be a "Family" coaster. As is Jaguar. Jaguar has a 48" height requirement. I would expect this to have the same and I will be VERY surprised if it didn't.

I think that's what makes me mad the most about Jaguar. The audience that would appreciate it best can't even ride it. I don't even know why they have that rule. And I remember one time when I went to knott's they told a kid who was almost 48 inches that he couldn't ride, and it just kind of pissed me off. I felt like screaming at the ride ops for following that stupid rule because there is no way in hell anything bad is going to happen. Especially seeing as how countless kids under 48 inches rode the thing without a single incident.

When I heard the rumours of a spinner at KBF, I was crossing my fingers it wouldn't be just another Zamperla or Reverchon cloned carnival POS. This far exceeds my expectations, much bigger and a more elaborate layout than I ever expected from CF

No, its theming and atmosphere that CF skimps out on, not the actual ride itself.

Though in all honesty, I'm not completely sure how to feel about this ride. If its a true "family" coaster like it should be, I think I'll welcome it, but if its not, I'll still ride it, but I will still be really dissappointed with it. I would personally like Knotts to be the place that I go to for more fun then just a couple of coasters. Because really that's all it is to me. Just a place to get a couple of rides on a couple of good coasters. But a themepark isn't all about the roller coasters. It's so much more. That's why I like places like Disney, Universal, or the Anhieser-Busch parks because they are more. They know a park can not be supported on coasters alone. And they're the parks which become destinations instead of just field trips because they offer to every age group, and excell at it.

I think that's what makes me mad the most about Jaguar. The audience that would appreciate it best can't even ride it. I don't even know why they have that rule. And I remember one time when I went to knott's they told a kid who was almost 48 inches that he couldn't ride, and it just kind of pissed me off. I felt like screaming at the ride ops for following that stupid rule because there is no way in hell anything bad is going to happen. Especially seeing as how countless kids under 48 inches rode the thing without a single incident.

Jaguar USED to have a 42" height requirement. I'm not sure which DVD it is, but one of Robb and Elissa's DVD's has video of Dallas riding Jaguar when it was 42" then showing him not tall enough when it went to 48".

So are they saying the ride was unsafe for 42" people when it was that???

Jaguar USED to have a 42" height requirement. I'm not sure which DVD it is, but one of Robb and Elissa's DVD's has video of Dallas riding Jaguar when it was 42" then showing him not tall enough when it went to 48".

I was really mad because that was my favorite coaster of all time. Back then, because now my favorite coaster of all time is Tatsu. It was coaster

expedition 3. But I got back to Jaguer a couple years ago and my last time

on it was 2 weeks ago.

So are they saying the ride was unsafe for 42" people when it was that???

Who knows, but I remember when I was 5 and that first thing came out (wasn't even tall enough for Indiana Jones at Disneyland yet) and I was so stoked to go on it. And then I remember feeling a little jelous that kids smaller then me got to appreciate the "big kids" ride. But see that's what was cool about it, is you didn't have to be very tall to ride. Something that most 4 and 5 year olds on up are able to go on. And there's really nothing about it that would require that you be taller. Freaking Cedar Fair...

Wouldn't you think Cedar Fair would want to get as many people as possible to ride any of their rides? Why do you think they even bother counting the number of people that ride each ride? Height requirements are set by the ride's manufacturer, the park's insurance company, and whoever sets guidelines and regulates amusement attractions in the state where the park is located. For example, if you look at the raft rides located throughout the CF chain, you'll see that the height requirement varies from one to the other.

I hope it's up in early July. I'm so there on opening day. Does anyone know when this will be officially released?

Brent "very anxious to see what will happen" Shenton

Well the next stock reportings are coming up soon, I imagine the press release will come a week or two before then.

Not officially from the park, but then again, Amusement Today wouldn't post something false:

Knott's puts a new spin on coasters (NOV 28, 2006) Knott’s Berry Farm will put a new twist on traditional roller coasters in 2007 with the debut of a coaster that not only offers speed, but spin.

The Sierra Sidewinder, which is scheduled to open next spring at the entrance to Camp Snoopy, consists of two trains, each with four cars. Each car carries four riders arranged two across in two rows, seated back to back. These cars will not only take riders through a series of nose-dives, banks, dips and turns at a speed of 37 miles per hour, but while doing so, continually rotates on its axis! Though this thrilling whirlwind lasts only a little over a minute, it covers 1,411 feet of track that includes a drop of 39 feet, making you a human twister!

The coaster, designed by Mack GmbH Rides of Germany, is only the second of its type in the world, with the first residing at the Mack-owned theme park Europa in Germany.

“The Mack Company is a family business known for its quality products and dates back to 1780 when they first started building carriages and coaches. Today they are an award-winning company known for their innovative attractions and family oriented ride construction,” said Knott’s Berry Farm general manager, Marty Keithley. “Sierra Sidewinder will be an exciting addition to Knott’s Berry Farm and will give kids as well as adults a ride like they have never experienced before.”

It looks like the train station is still there, unless of course that becomes the baloon station, in which case I'd be very sad as I've always wanted to take another spin on that thing, though I haven't gotten around to it. Not to mention that I'm not crazy about them taking out 2 rides for one.

Also, was this ride planned before Silver Bullet? Because the concept art does not have SB painted into the background... wierd. Also, I would like to note the crappiness of the concept art and I have to wonder who the heck hired that guy?