TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

1 hour ago, CP_RULES said:

I haven’t been on a single B&M I thought was worse than the best Schwarzkopf I have been on. I guess I’m proving a point that it’s the nostalgia folk saying they were great.

I'm younger than you and I think Shockwave and Mindbender are the second best coasters in their respective parks. So I guess opinions exist or something?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CP_RULES said:

I haven’t been on a single B&M I thought was worse than the best Schwarzkopf I have been on. If they were so great they’d still exist ala Vekoma and they’d be making actual modern rides.

Oh my. The man died, son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DBru said:

I'm younger than you and I think Shockwave and Mindbender are the second best coasters in their respective parks. So I guess opinions exist or something?

Exactly. So respect mine.

15 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

If they were so great they’d still exist ala Vekoma and they’d be making actual modern rides.

Anton died in 2001. Intamin's roots are traced back to Schwarzkopf Industries and also Hubert Gerstlauer left Schwarzkopf when they were having financial issues in 1982 to start Gerstlauer.

If you track back every company currently manufacturing, its very rare to not find connections to either Schwarzkopf or Arrow. Both were the original innovators of modern coasters.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, _s3_ said:

Anton died in 2001. Intamin's roots are traced back to Schwarzkopf Industries and also Hubert Gerstlauer left Schwarzkopf when they were having financial issues in 1982 to start Gerstlauer.

If you track back every company currently manufacturing, its very rare to not find connections to either Schwarzkopf or Arrow. Both were the original innovators of modern coasters.

Absolutely agree with this - many of the key leaders of the industry have a significant number of historical connections.

In fact, as mentioned above, the former Schwarzkopf factory still exists very close (like, almost just down the block) from the Gerstlauer headquarters.

IMG_5373.JPG

• Haha 1

Knott's made a new change to the adult chaperon policy.  One adult can bring in up to four kids 17 or under from Fri - Sun.  This is a change from only two kids per adult.  I do hope that NBC4's park news is current because they started the news article with aerial views of the park with close ups of WindSeeker :-) Talk about pulling old stock footage.  I wonder if the park fights will tilt the park back to mostly family attractions. 

https://www.knotts.com/code-of-conduct

KNOTT'S BERRY FARM CODE OF CONDUCT

NEW CHAPERONE POLICY

For decades, Knott’s Berry Farm has been a place where families and friends come together to enjoy our one-of-a-kind park. Millions of guests have counted on us for their daily dose of wholesome family fun, and we’re committed to keeping that promise going forward.

As part of this commitment, we are implementing additional security protocols and operational policies. Following the well-received chaperone policy that went into effect this past weekend, we have decided to extend the chaperone requirement to be in effect on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and may add other days of the week as necessary. This extension is in effect until further notice and subject to change.

Under the policy, all guests ages 17 years old or younger must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old to be admitted to the park. The chaperone must present a valid photo ID with date of birth. One chaperone may accompany no more than four guests ages 17 or younger per day.

Chaperones must accompany their party during entry, remain with their party at all times during their visit to the park, and be available by phone throughout their stay. Guests ages 17 years old or younger who are found inside the park unaccompanied by a chaperone will be subject to ejection.

This chaperone requirement applies to all Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Waterpark ticket and season passholders.

The following behaviors or acts are strictly prohibited at Knott's Berry Farm:

Carrying firearms, ammunition, knives, and weapons of any kind and any other prohibited item. Knott's Berry Farm reserves the right to prohibit any items at their discretion.

Unsolicited photographing or video recording that disrupts a guest’s experience or interferes with park operations

Unruly or disruptive behavior that interferes with guests’ enjoyment of the park including running, the incitement of running, and blocking midways and exits.

Fighting or physical aggression of any kind, including verbal and physical assaults

Acts or behavior that park management determines is a safety concern or that interrupts park operations or guests’ experience

Harassing/threatening behavior, sexual misconduct, or lewd behavior including inappropriate interaction with park guests or associates

Offensive language or gestures

Clothing with offensive language, obscene gestures/graphics, or nudity or clothing that does not sufficiently cover undergarments

Intoxication or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior

Smoking/Vaping is not permitted inside the park

Entering restricted areas including but not limited to ride Danger Zones and behind-the-scenes areas

Line Breaking- includes leaving and re-entering a line for any reason or place holding in line

Theft of any kind

Selling park tickets or soliciting and distributing literature not sponsored by the park

Refusing to follow verbal or printed instructions or cooperate with park personnel or security

Themed Attire

Family-oriented themed outfits/attire are permitted. Attire must not represent or resemble any official Park character, disrupt regular company operations, or potentially harm another guest or associate.   Attire and accessories must meet Code of Conduct dress requirements and may not be offensive or violent and may not disrupt the general safety of guests or associates.  Guests wearing character-themed outfits may not sign autographs for other guests or represent themselves as a park associate.  Costumes that conceal identity are prohibited.  Rides and attractions may also have additional restrictions on dress attire.  Themed outfits/attire may be prohibited during evening Halloween events.

Personal Conduct

Conduct deemed by Knott's Berry Farm to be inappropriate for the peace and good order of the park, guests, or associates, and which may adversely affect the safety of others is not permitted.  Anyone who violates the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund.

Guests are encouraged to report any violations of the Guest Code of Conduct or suspicious activity to the nearest Knott's Berry Farm associate, Security associate, or call 714-220-5016.

Knott's Berry Farm reserves the right to revise or modify this Code of Conduct with or without notice. 

Notice: Knott's Berry Farm Security personnel utilize surveillance cameras and body-worn cameras as part of their overall security program.

When Cedar Fair announced their new for 2022 last year they said that the Knott’s hotel was going to be receiving a major renovation. I know that it hasn’t received any exterior renovations, can anyone confirm or deny any renovations on the inside? Or did this just quietly go away….

On 8/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, Animal said:

When Cedar Fair announced their new for 2022 last year they said that the Knott’s hotel was going to be receiving a major renovation. I know that it hasn’t received any exterior renovations, can anyone confirm or deny any renovations on the inside? Or did this just quietly go away….

I live a mile away. It hasn't looked like anything has been happening at the hotel.

8 minutes ago, Invertalon said:

So sounds like Mack is doing the re-track with the Spinning trains like Time Traveler? Cool, I dig it if that's the case. 

Where did you get the spinning trains theory from?

^My thoughts too. I'm thinking this will either start with a forward boost or backwards boost... but will be the same ride after a swing launch or two? Very interesting.

I am excited the park is bringing the ride into the 21st century and "keeping it around" for decades to come but I am also devastated that the classic form of the ride I grew up with and was an icon at the park is now gone. But nothing lasts forever, I'm interested to see how this turns out. Very mixed feelings...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Invertalon said:

So sounds like Mack is doing the re-track with the Spinning trains like Time Traveler? Cool, I dig it if that's the case. 

I'm thinking it means either you'll go forwards or backwards at the launch, you won't know which direction.

• Like 1

Sounds like the Hotel renovation got pushed to 2023, happy to hear it’s still happening because the hotel looks like crap in it’s current state!!! I think the fiesta village update looks great!! I love the water features in front of Jaguar! and overall feel of everything. Much needed.

As far as the new Montezuma’s Revenge I'm curious to see what manufacturer is doing the update and if the layout will have any major modifications. Obviously it will be a new loop, a launched airtime hill would be cool. Surprised they didn’t give us more on that announcement.

The 2023 season passes are on sale now.  It looks like admission, meals and drinks are good at the home park for the rest of 2022 and the rest of Cedar Fair starting in 2023.   The platinum food discount has dropped from 20 to 10%. It looks like the refillable soda bottles are gone and replaced with just the paper cup program.

https://www.knotts.com/season-passes

For example that Platinum Pass is good at Knott's for the rest of this year and any Cedar Fair park starting in 2023:

"Enjoy FREE PARKING, exclusive perks, discounts, and more with your 2023 Platinum Pass including FREE visits the rest of this year and UNLIMITED visits to all Cedar Fair Parks in 2023. Not valid for Scary Farm or special events. Not valid for the Shopping and Dining, preferred, or hotel parking lots."

It looks like dining also starts at Knott's for the rest of 2022:

"Enhance your visits and enjoy lunch and dinner every time you visit in 2023 with All Season Dining, plus get the rest of 2022 for free! Max of 2 meals per day. Only a 4-hour interval is required between meals. Drinks, snacks, and desserts not included. Dining Plan added to a Platinum Pass is valid at all Cedar Fair parks. Valid only at park of purchase in 2022. Valid at all Cedar Fair parks in 2023. Not valid for Knott's Scary Farm or special ticket events."

New food menu 

https://qr1.be/3QTP 

A couple of the new food items appear like things I would try.  A pasta bowl with choice of protein sounds interesting along with the chicken sandwich:

Prop Shop Pizzeria -

Pizza Slice & Side Salad

Pasta Bowl topped with 1 Protein or Veggies

Assorted Gourmet Salad

Coasters Diner

ABC Chicken Sandwich(Avocado, Bacon, Chicken)

image.thumb.png.732fd617adb27d4e6a2acb923eb0c00b.png

image.thumb.png.a7db69018400063a8b11038cb81605bc.png

image.thumb.png.da1b30fb15ba89e056d72fe6cb14fc23.png

image.thumb.png.e39c8fb32e30329994de0c83a25ff2ab.png

15 minutes ago, SoCalJasonland said:

It looks like the refillable soda bottles are gone and replaced with just the paper cup program.

Kings Dominion is offering a refillable metal tumbler instead of the plastic cups.  Quite an upgrade if you ask me; still not enough to convince me to upgrade from the standard paper cup program....but the "Paper Cup Plus" program for only $10 more is looking kinda nice; it lets you get ICEEs, coffee, and hot chocolate in addition to fountain sodas.

It looks like we are also getting a new sit down Mexican restaurant with made to order burritos and tacos, along with a new bar.  I am hoping these are real cocktails and not the current pre-mixed disgusting Margaritas that they currently sell at the current quick service Mexican restaurant.

VIVA FIESTA VILLAGE

All-New in 2023

Inspired by the Hispanic influence on Southern California, Fiesta Village will come alive in 2023, full of celebration and culture with all-new experiences, entertainment, dining, shopping, and thrills.

Stroll down Fiesta Mercado, inspired by Los Angeles’ Olvera Street, and find a variety of merchants with unique and authentic items, surrounded by bright, colorful alebrijes and vibrant landscaping. Bite into made-to-order burritos and tacos at the new full-service Casa California restaurant, or enjoy a cold cerveza and specialty cocktails at the adjacent Cantina Del Sur. Take in more live entertainment at the transformed open-air Fiesta Stage, plus newly themed attractions, including the next chapter in Montezooma’s Revenge.

The hotel remodel will begin later this year: "The Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel will get a new backstory based on the love story of the theme park’s founders Walter and Cordelia Knott. The new hotel theme will be expanded to the updated lobby, 322 guest rooms and restaurant. The multi-million dollar renovation will start later this year." from the link below:

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/08/11/knotts-berry-farm-adds-randomized-launch-to-montezoomas-revenge-coaster/

Knott’s Berry Farm adds randomized launch to Montezooma’s Revenge coaster

The reimagined Montezooma’s Revenge and Fiesta Village will debut in 2023 along with a remodeled and rethemed Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel.

Knott’s Berry Farm will add a new randomized launch sequence to the historic Montezooma’s Revenge roller coaster and reimagine Fiesta Village as a tribute to Olvera Street celebrating Southern California’s Hispanic cultural influences.

The reimagined Montezooma’s Revenge and Fiesta Village will debut in 2023 along with a remodeled and rethemed Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel.

The historic 1978 flywheel-launch roller coaster will be reimagined as Montezooma: The Forbidden Fortress with a randomized launch sequence and an immersive storyline in an expanded queue.

The first flywheel-launched roller coaster in the world and the oldest shuttle loop roller coaster still in its original location will offer riders a new twist as Montezooma: The Forbidden Fortress. The randomized launch sequence will make it impossible for riders to know if the trains will be launching forward or backward.

A new station and queue experience will take riders through Montezuma’s hidden Aztec fortress filled with boobytraps and the remains of treasure hunters.

Visitors will walk down El Camino Real as they enter the reimagined Fiesta Village inspired by Los Angeles’ Olvera Street with a redesigned marketplace and an updated stage area. Brightly colored mythical creatures known as alebrijes will line the entrance leading from the Boardwalk heading into Fiesta Village.

Casa California will be transformed with a Mexican menu featuring made-to-order tacos and burritos. The new Papas Mexicana eatery will offer carne asada fries and other fan favorites. The former La Papa Loca will become Cantina Del Sur serving specialty beverages. The Taqueria Fiesta taco stand will also join the restaurant lineup.

The Fiesta Mercado retail location will offer items from an assortment of merchants.

The Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel will get a new backstory based on the love story of the theme park’s founders Walter and Cordelia Knott. The new hotel theme will be expanded to the updated lobby, 322 guest rooms and restaurant. The multi-million dollar renovation will start later this year.