TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

17 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Not gonna lie, I've had some suspicions lately that Xcelerator may be on its last legs for the park, but ever since they dumped a bunch of money on a fancy color scheme that definitely couldn't have been cheap (and they even painted it post-Dragster incident), that solidified for me that it's staying for a while longer.

I'll be at the park in a week so that'll stink if it's down but I'm really just going for the Boysenberry Fest anyway.

New paint doesn't mean anything. King Cobra at Kings Island was repainted in 1999, and then removed in 2001. I'm not saying that Xcelerator is going to get removed. Just that new paint does not prove a ride is staying.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, CedarFlags said:

This sign appeared on the entrance of Zoom.  Seems like they're teasing some kind of archeology theme to the renovation??

zoom sign.jpg

With this renovation seeming as large as it is, it really makes me think that the Giga definitely won’t be happening for 2023. Knott’s will market this as their “new ride” next year.

4 hours ago, coneyislandchris said:

I'll be out at Knott's a week from today. Does anyone have any updates so far on Xcelerator reopening?

The last couple of times I was at the park, it doesn't look like they were working on the ride.  If they are waiting on a part from Europe, in the past it has taken 6 to 9 months approximately to have the part manufactured and shipped here if that is any indicator.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nrthwnd said:

They could be building some kind of 'tunnel' around part of the track of Monte. With lights and effects, etc. We stay tuned till then.

I was thinking the exact thing. I was also thinking a switch track to run more than one train ala Mr. Freeze.

^ Heh heh, maybe they'll enclose the whole thing, like they did/do at Walibi Belgium.

Switch track added, sounds good.

EDIT To Add: On second thought, that would be a hell of an eyesore, if done that way. Not in Knott's. Best left open and exposed.

"Might of been fun." to see how they'd handle Jaguar's "threading the needle" so to speak ...? Big ole hole there, right.

• Like 1

^ While I'd miss the Jaguar interaction, I gotta say the one in Belgium is easily the most disorienting shuttle loops I've ever ridden.  Since it is 100% enclosed my brain couldn't compute when we were done with the loop in either direction.  I loved it, just a launch into a spinny world of darkness with a blacklight ghost (I think?) at some point.

"Might of been fun." to see how they'd handle Jaguar's "threading the needle" so to speak ...? Big ole hole there, right.

• Haha 1

^^ The great thing about Belgium's shuttle loop being enclosed, is that it's not located in the middle of the park.

Lots of trees and stuff on the "back" of it, on an edge of the park. It worked better that way, for me. What I remember.

A_07ViewFromWheel_WalibiBelgium.jpg.002246650bbf359bfe578fc82a1ba31c.jpg

"Psyke Underground" shuttle loop coaster was "over there, somewhere" in WB .....  TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

• 2 weeks later...

And now the Knott's class action suit over not issuing refunds when closed during COVID instead of extending the passes is now moving forward:  Can't a theme park catch a break?

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/04/22/knotts-berry-farm-season-pass-class-action-lawsuit-can-move-forward-judge-rules/

By BRADY MACDONALD | bmacdonald@scng.com |

PUBLISHED: April 22, 2022 at 11:13 a.m. | UPDATED: April 22, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.

A class action lawsuit filed by a Knott’s Berry Farm season passholder who was refused a refund when the Buena Park theme park was shuttered for more than a year by the COVID-19 pandemic seeks restitution for millions of passholders.

A United States District Court Judge in Ohio denied a motion on Thursday, April 21 by Knott’s parent company Cedar Fair to dismiss the class action lawsuit and ruled the suit over non-refunded season passes during the coronavirus pandemic can move forward.

Judge James Carr said in the ruling that any reasonable passholder would have expected a prorated refund when the Ohio-based Cedar Fair closed its 11 theme parks during the pandemic.

Cedar Fair and Knott’s Berry Farm officials declined to comment on the pending litigation.

Cedar Fair offered 2020 season passholders an extension through the 2021 season when the pandemic shuttered the company’s theme parks in March 2020.

Knott’s, California’s Great America, Ohio’s Cedar Point, Virginia’s Kings Dominion, Canada’s Wonderland and other Cedar Fair theme parks reopened at varying dates based on individual state health and safety guidelines. Knott’s reopened in May 2021 after hosting a series of food festivals without rides during the pandemic closure of the park.

The lawsuit was brought by Washington state resident Moneva Walker who purchased a 2020 season pass for Knott’s Berry Farm when she lived in California.

3 hours ago, Rusty Nail said:

Ghostrider usually has  a refurb inbetween spring break and summer, could be that. 

Oh no! I’m going for Memorial Day weekend. I’d expect it to be pretty busy and that would be 3 major attractions closed in there lineup. Do you think it’d be open by then?

On 4/27/2022 at 1:23 PM, skyrocket010 said:

Oh no! I’m going for Memorial Day weekend. I’d expect it to be pretty busy and that would be 3 major attractions closed in there lineup. Do you think it’d be open by then?

Ghostrider will be open by then, barring any catastrophes.  The summer season begins on 5/20, so the maintenance work is probably scheduled to be done by the 18th/19th.  GRs maintenance schedule tends to be... 2-3 weeks before and after summer, and another 2-3 after Scary Farm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CedarFlags said:

Ghostrider will be open by then, barring any catastrophes.  The summer season begins on 5/20, so the maintenance work is probably scheduled to be done by the 18th/19th.  GRs maintenance schedule tends to be... 2-3 weeks before and after summer, and another 2-3 after Scary Farm.

Thanks, that’s great news! Am I pushing it, hoping that Xcelerator will also be open by then? 

On 4/28/2022 at 7:09 PM, skyrocket010 said:

Thanks, that’s great news! Am I pushing it, hoping that Xcelerator will also be open by then? 

Probably.  Last time it went down for an unexpected issue, it lasted for 8 or 9 months.

Due to Covid my platinum pass just expired that I originally purchased back in January of 2020. I went to renew and the way it is worded it makes it sound like I’ll be paying full price for the pass to expire at the end of 2022. Is that true? Are the passes not valid for 12 months from the purchase date? If that’s the case I won’t renew until next January which would suck!

44 minutes ago, Animal said:

Due to Covid my platinum pass just expired that I originally purchased back in January of 2020. I went to renew and the way it is worded it makes it sound like I’ll be paying full price for the pass to expire at the end of 2022. Is that true? Are the passes not valid for 12 months from the purchase date? If that’s the case I won’t renew until next January which would suck!

The park allowed my family to renew their 2020 passes for a discounted price to last until the end of 2022. But they did it physically in the park at guest services, I doubt that option is available online. The park has a LOT of 2020 passholders whose passes just expired last week and I bet many of them want to continue to the end of 2022. I think you may have to do it over the phone or at the park though.

EDIT: And yeah, for whatever reason, Knott's is the only year-round 365 park I can think of that uses seasonal passes that expire December 31 rather than 12-month passes like SeaWorld/Busch/Disney/Universal.

1 hour ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

The park allowed my family to renew their 2020 passes for a discounted price to last until the end of 2022. But they did it physically in the park at guest services, I doubt that option is available online. The park has a LOT of 2020 passholders whose passes just expired last week and I bet many of them want to continue to the end of 2022. I think you may have to do it over the phone or at the park though.

EDIT: And yeah, for whatever reason, Knott's is the only year-round 365 park I can think of that uses seasonal passes that expire December 31 rather than 12-month passes like SeaWorld/Busch/Disney/Universal.

Damn, that’s pretty brutal to make you pay full price for half a year. They should at least pro rate it!