TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ You're aware they probably need to go through a huge hiring/re-hiring process and fully train all of those employees on operations and all of the other madness that requires a theme park to actually run, right?  Passholders get two weeks early and they're basically the debugging crowd before the GP storms the park like a bunch of rabid hyenas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

^ You're aware they probably need to go through a huge hiring/re-hiring process and fully train all of those employees on operations and all of the other madness that requires a theme park to actually run, right?  Passholders get two weeks early and they're basically the debugging crowd before the GP storms the park like a bunch of rabid hyenas.

I'd imagine he's aware of that.  And he's aware Six Flags was open on April 1st along with several other spots.  It's not impossible.  It seems to be CF's decision to delay things longer to hopefully avoid so many restrictions on guests.

• Like 2

Better to get it right than rush it.  SFMM opened without numerous flat rides, both water rides closed, and terribly long food lines.  I actually think knotts is being smart by doing so much passholder only availability so they don’t take up as many spots when general tickets are available.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Perhaps I missed it, but I assume the park is open daily for passholders from May 6-21? Or is it weekends only?

it is open during the week during the passholder preview mostly 10 am - 8 pm.  Schedule is up on their site going to second week of Sept for the park.

https://www.knotts.com/calendar-and-hours

1 hour ago, jackinbox said:

Anyone know what tier allows passholders from out of state?

At the moment, all the tiers are CA residents only. The governor has announced that if there is enough vaccine supply for anyone to get an appointment within 2 weeks and hospitalizations stay low, the tier system will end in June 15

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket sales and reservations will be available April 26th at 10am PST for Knott's.

also, per the state of California and nothing to do with the Knott's announcement it looks like the state could fully re-open on June 15th.  Hospital ICU capacity is currently over 30% and vaccine appointments are going unfilled around me so things seem a little positive.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/beyond_memo.aspx

"As we reach 20 million vaccines administered and COVID-19 case rates and hospitalizations have stabilized, California is looking to move beyond the Blueprint for a Safer Economy to fully reopening our economy. On June 15, all industries across the state can return to usual operations with common-sense risk reduction measures such as masking and vaccinations.

We will only progress to this stage if we continue to stay vigilant, keep wearing our masks and getting vaccinated. The state will monitor hospitalization rates, vaccine access, and vaccine efficacy against variants with the option to revisit the June 15 date if needed.

What triggers our move Beyond the Blueprint?

On June 15, California will fully open its economy if two criteria are met:

1. Equitable vaccine availability: If vaccine supply is sufficient for Californians 16 years or older who wish to be inoculated. [i]

AND

2. Consistently low burden of disease: Hospitalizations are stable and low, and specifically, hospitalizations among fully vaccinated individuals are low."

• Like 2

So the reservation system was supposed to open at 10 PDT. Anyone know where or when this is going to actually happen? The site has not changed at all.

EDIT: of course as I post this it opens. Entering at 10:05, which is seemingly when it opened for me, I am 10,532nd in line! How is that even possible haha

Theme Park Review was invited out to Knott's Berry Farm this morning to check out the all new Knott's Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair. 

"“Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair” is a new 4-D interactive dark ride that will take guests on an exciting journey through reimagined show scenes that are reminiscent of the original dark ride, including the Boysenberry Pie Factory, Frog Forest, Fortune Teller Camp, Thunder Cave, and Weird Woods,  culminating in a celebration at the County Fair. The story takes place 34 years after the original adventure and will follow Boysen Bear and Girlsen Bear as they travel to the Country Fair to earn the blue ribbon prize for their famous boysenberry pies, but Crafty Coyote is back along with his mischievous pups intent on stealing all the pies for themselves. Guests will climb aboard ride vehicles equipped with jelly blasters to try and recover the stolen boysenberry pies as they travel through whimsical and beautiful environments while competing for the highest score."

This is somewhat of a re-skin of Voyage to the Iron Reef.  But, calling it that is doing a disservice to all the theming inside the ride.  There is much more than just the screens.  Even some theming looking up where it's not just a blank ceiling.  Similar to Toy Story Mania, Bear-y Tales uses a Knott's Berry Jam jar with berry pull string to fire at the screen, gaining points as you go along.  I love these rides, just because it's a game and a ride.  Even if you don't care, there's still so much action to watch as you ride along throughout the story.

Knott's Bear-y Tales has a much more family friendly theme that I feel fits in great and more families will want to ride than the previous Iron Reef.

Of course, there's all new merchandise to go with the ride.  A lot of plushies, pins, shirts, etc.

Here's a full POV of the attraction:

IMG_5564.thumb.jpeg.19d56d972d905126e72d77837bed674d.jpeg

IMG_5568.thumb.jpeg.1e57c16b5d8227aa408ee9a72f7995b1.jpeg

IMG_5571.thumb.jpeg.23f8a94e82cb72be3c8eab4f168f2832.jpeg

IMG_5572.thumb.jpeg.04055c774facf58c440559b10e9dcb3c.jpeg

IMG_5574.thumb.jpeg.e2ddcba4330f24eda73a4e2ed217371a.jpeg

IMG_5575.thumb.jpeg.4197eb3fbedd7a656aa5059f39642b95.jpeg

IMG_5583.thumb.jpeg.ee7b9baea08cbbafdd5465480dca0e93.jpeg

IMG_5584.thumb.jpeg.34317f58a7d92a9680d4ebb145d1aa2c.jpeg

IMG_5589.thumb.jpeg.4b7d97571725b50aac3d08baaf949946.jpeg

IMG_5590.thumb.jpeg.416548d6f6d63248461eab775c80ee66.jpeg

IMG_5591.thumb.jpeg.6b975a0462b26f6210a923e89bde69c6.jpeg

IMG_5592.thumb.jpeg.d57dfd179c8cbbc1fc8cbdfab4d816fd.jpeg

IMG_5593.thumb.jpeg.4c80914c6fd4da491f8b166b680b9b9e.jpeg

IMG_5597.thumb.jpeg.ef67cebafb155bb89851ab367c34cd0a.jpeg

IMG_5599.thumb.jpeg.03d2c0f831a7d0b448b4270dd9fb793f.jpeg

IMG_5611.thumb.jpeg.8f61868bffac57df789d6717cd6333ed.jpeg

IMG_5616.thumb.jpeg.00497fb6ae22c7fe231a6518be019eb4.jpeg

IMG_5619.thumb.jpeg.c97f5ec3f2f81cd29f4744913dcfcac9.jpeg

• Like 8

I love the colors on the merch. .that purple just goes so well.

hopefully will get back to Knott's one of the years - only been once back when Perilous Plunge was still there.

1 hour ago, ryder said:

All this retro merchandise looks amazing to me... I'm going to be buying a lot of stuff!

if this is old news, sorry.  but they are coming out with retro ride gear.  or i guess it will be out once the park opens.  in the exit store there is some.  haunted shack, wacky soap box racers, volcano devil, parachutes.  corkscrew is coming later for it's anniversary.