TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

So, word on the street is that Newsom is releasing theme park guidelines tonight, but he has been saying that for the past 3 months, so I am not holding my breath. The rumored guidelines include:

- Advance ticket sales required

- 25% capacity

- Face coverings required

- Admission limited to people living within a certain distance of the park

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:04 PM, joelwee said:

So, word on the street is that Newsom is releasing theme park guidelines tonight, but he has been saying that for the past 3 months, so I am not holding my breath. The rumored guidelines include:

- Advance ticket sales required

- 25% capacity

- Face coverings required

- Admission limited to people living within a certain distance of the park

Almost two weeks later and we know this was all bull.  Apparently he's going to be "speaking with theme parks" sometime this week, but I'm not expecting anything special.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

Almost two weeks later and we know this was all bull.  Apparently he's going to be "speaking with theme parks" sometime this week, but I'm not expecting anything special.

The rumor was they also wanted the county to be in the "yellow category"  OC is still far away.

Source for below:

https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/

Screenshot 2020-10-12 153302.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-12 153212.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While it sucks we can't ride any rides, I am still very glad to see Knott's putting on these food events and selling out. I am sure they are pulling in quite a bit of money. I anticipate they will do a Holiday/Christmas event too, and they will probably just keep doing these until they can fully open. Good for them, it's genius.

• Like 1

^ I'm curious if for the Christmas event, whatever it may be, they attempt some type of performance for guests.  I know Snoopy On Ice is a tall order with the pandemic but a Christmas event without some kind of storytelling medium just seems empty.

1 hour ago, KIEnthusiast said:

Has anyone heard anything more about the new Knott’s Beary Tales Ride? Is it even opening this year?

image.jpeg.2fe00e3062500fe046ff23d3d556f83c.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I read that the ride will be ready when the park opens.  So it will open this year as long as the park opens.

More food, no rides productions present:

Knott's Berry Farm is excited to announce a new seasonal food and retail event, this time celebrating the merriest season of all, with Knott's Taste of Merry Farm. While the theme park remains closed, Christmas spirit still shines bright this year with holiday charm brimming out of every corner of the park, as Knott's wondrously transforms with enchanted décor, thousands of twinkling lights, miles of festive garland, and a variety of picturesque holiday settings, all serving as a backdrop to the tastiest holiday foods around.

With over 60 unique food and drink items offered on the tasting card, guests can choose from popular flavors of the season like Fully Loaded Turkey Dinner Tater Tots and Comet's Cinnamon Bun with a Maple Glaze and Candied Pecans, plus options for all dietary preferences. Guests can take care of their holiday shopping at Knott's one-of-a-kind stores filled with exclusive Knott's specialty items or discover rare, handmade, and personalized gifts from over 23 artisan local crafters, including Knott's famous glassblower and chainsaw carver.

The only way to experience the limited time Knott's Taste of Merry Farm is with a tasting card purchased in advance at knotts.com (a tasting card is required for event entry). Scheduled dates are November 20-29, December 4-6, December 11-13, December 18-24, December 26-30, and January 1-3.

Adult tasting cards (ages 12+) are priced at $40 (plus tax) and will include five food tastings, and Junior tasting cards (ages 3-11), including three food tastings, are $20 (plus tax). Tasting cards are date specific and must be purchased online at knotts.com or through the Knott's Berry Farm mobile app prior to the date of visit. Knott's Taste of Merry Farm hotel packages are also available at Knotts.com. In order to manage proper physical distancing of guests, Knott's Taste of Merry Farm tasting cards will be limited each day and may sell out.

Though, I don't think offering the same event with new food and decor is worth an additional $5 more dollars... I still went ahead and bought tickets. At $40, I feel they should be offering a 6th food tasting. Their normal park tickets weren't much more than this price, and you got all the rides. 

^I see where you are coming from. I just look at it as supporting the parks during a very difficult time. I am very glad Knott's is running this event and will gladly pay that price (plus purchasing stuff during the event) to support them as much as I can.

I definitely plan on visiting in November and/or December.

I just wish there were something more than food and retail.  If there were shows or some other form of entertainment I might be enticed to make a trip from Vegas but as it stands that's not worth the 4-hour drive.