TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ The attention to detail is amazing. It's almost like they take pride in their parks. This is the kind of thing that has little to no return on investment, but when all these little things add up over time it makes for a better overall experience.

• 2 weeks later...

The park just announced a few changes to their Marketplace offerings.

- The Berry Market now has reserved hours for seniors and high-risk customers between 9:00-10:00 AM, with general access between 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM every day.

- Curbside pickup for Online Marketplace orders is now available Thursdays, in addition to Fridays and Saturdays. Hours are still between 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM.

- Starting May 21, boysenberry plants can be ordered for curbside pickup.

I’m glad to see this venture working out for the park. We ordered some chicken and boysenberry pie to go on Sunday, and there were tons of other orders waiting at the curbside pickup table when we arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knott's posted something interesting on their story yesterday. A quick little story regarding Pony Express. This is probably just related to the park being closed, but I see some people on social media interpreting it as a possible hint at Pony Express' removal. I am skeptical, but I wouldn't rule it out either. Thoughts?

IMG-0895.thumb.jpg.370a333f20e0b171307050603722e0c0.jpg

IMG-0896.thumb.jpg.822fa708ba7d2042797af8c6db895fed.jpg

^ Maybe one of those smaller Figure 8 spinners for families? Or maybe a custom version of

the same coaster, with a longer layout? A smaller version of the Sierra Sidewinder. And call it

"Spike's Tumbleweed"!

Just a suggestion here.

I miss Knott's.

^ I've had bad luck with Pony Express being closed when I visit, but my initial thought would be what else could they realistically fit on that plot of land?

This is my thought as well, and is why I'm skeptical. Pony Express is popular, seemingly reliable, and takes up almost no valuable land. It isn't a necessary ride in the park, but what would they really gain from removing it?

Dare I say it, but I see them removing Xcelerator or even Montezooma before Pony Express. But I don't think any coaster at Knott's is "vulnerable" at the moment.

I know its definitely not going to happen, especially in this economic climate, but you could absolutely squeeze a Raptor in there. Have the lift hill follow the old launch, have a 180 turnaround and 90 degree drop on the other side of the train tracks and have the rest shoehorned in over the station. They can definitely reuse the tunnel over Bigfoot Rapids on a replacement as well. The only immediate problems in my head are theming, reliability, and reducing the parks family accessibility.

^ I've had bad luck with Pony Express being closed when I visit, but my initial thought would be what else could they realistically fit on that plot of land?

Sally's Blasting Bronco. Premier Sky Rocket. Gale Force. Mack PowerSplash (with some new landscaping, of course). There are a litany of rides I'd rather have in that space.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/29/knotts-berry-farm-exploring-virtual-queue-system-for-post-coronavirus-reopening/

Knott’s Berry Farm is actively evaluating a virtual queue management system that would help reduce wait times and shorten lines for rides and attractions, park officials said.

Knott’s Berry Farm could feel very different with required advance reservations, reduced capacity, COVID-19 health surveys, mobile food ordering and possibly even a virtual queue system when the Buena Park theme park reopens following an extended coronavirus closure.

Knott’s has implemented a number of technological updates and is exploring others to address new COVID-19 health and safety protocols that will be put in place when the park reopens.

Knott’s Berry Farm is actively evaluating a virtual queue management system that would help reduce wait times and shorten lines for rides and attractions, park officials said.

Knott’s also plans to update the park’s mobile app with new functionality geared toward the “new normal” of the COVID-19 era.

Once the park reopens, Knott’s visitors will use the updated mobile app to:

Make required advance reservations for a specific date and time

Present their timed entry voucher at the park entrance

Complete a required pre-arrival COVID-19 health survey

Process season passes without visiting the pass processing center

Place mobile food orders

Make cashless digital payments at shops and restaurants

Find the closest hand sanitizing station using the app’s map

Receive health and safety reminders

I stopped by the park on Tuesday to pick up some Boysenberry BBQ Sauce and asked when they might re-open. The employee said they were hoping for sometime in July. I just checked their website and it looks like Knott's is hiring for both the amusement and water park, so hopefully, that is a good sign. Newsom was supposed to come out with the requirements for stage 3 re-opening this week, but I guess he got busy with the riots.

1369011321_Annotation2020-06-03164152.thumb.jpg.401ba124874cd8b3420f2b145beb5fd0.jpg

I'm curious to see how California handles reopening large public spaces. Florida just saw a huge surge in cases in the past four days, right on schedule (post-Memorial Day beach crowds). Unfortunately the protests are taking over the news cycle and Covid is hardly mentioned anymore. Between the haircut protesters and the racism protesters (keep your views to yourselves, this isn't the place) we're going to see a swell nearing the end of June that will lead to a larger wave that we'll need to flatten again. It looks like California is playing it extra safe and waiting to see how the red states fare.

That said, I think a lot of people (both in the general populace and government) are realizing that "number of cases" isn't that great of a metric for how bad things are. Obviously, as testing capacity increases, there will be more positive cases. At least around me, the semi-responsible media outlets (amazed that there still are some) have started focusing on "number of hospitalizations" as their scorecard for what's going on.

That said, I think a lot of people (both in the general populace and government) are realizing that "number of cases" isn't that great of a metric for how bad things are. Obviously, as testing capacity increases, there will be more positive cases. At least around me, the semi-responsible media outlets (amazed that there still are some) have started focusing on "number of hospitalizations" as their scorecard for what's going on.

Yup, we've also been watching the 'number of hospitalizations' figures as I feel that's probably most important.

The numbers here in Arizona for positive Covid cases has skyrocketed in the past week. We've almost doubled are numbers in a little over a weeks time. The numbers of hospitalized has jumped dramatically with some of the hospitals hitting capacity. This is what happens when you open up and people don't wear face masks and act like the pandemic is over.

Yup, we've also been watching the 'number of hospitalizations' figures as I feel that's probably most important.

Also, I hate when people quote total cases over active cases. People telling me not to travel to this part of the country because it had 7,000 cases when their outbreak was 2 months ago and only have about 60 active cases, only getting a handful of cases a day, and yet seem to think places, where numbers are going up much faster per day and in the middle of a wave, are safer because they only have 1000 total cases...

Mike,

That is old news you are quoting from a couple days ago. Read today's article where Dr. Christ is telling the hospitals to 'fully activate' emergency plans: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2020/06/08/arizona-hospitals-have-been-told-fully-activate-emergency-plans/5321075002/

Our hospitalization numbers have almost doubled the past week for Covid. As long as people don't wear masks, it is just going to continue to go up. We'll see what happens at the amusement parks. The numbers should be interesting in another month.

Jim

EDIT: You know what, it's not worth it to try to talk sense into doomers. Let's keep it to theme park talk please?

Edited by Mike240SX

^^ Arizona is not going to be at max capacity and if people think it will, then they get the hell off the road because ever since this state opened up, a whole lot of STUPID returned to the streets. Everyone who has been in their own quarantine and hasn't driven in the past month, needs to go through driver's ed course again.

Now, let's get back to the main reason of this thread...KNOTT'S BERRY FARM!!!!! Who loves boysenberry jam on their toast? Who can't wait for this park in California to open back up? My boys loved Knott's Berry Farm when we visited a couple years ago and now they pretty much love everything with Snoopy in it. We even got old school Comic Strip books with some of the comics in them to read. It's really entertaining and hilarious.

This park really brings back memories because when I was growing in California, I used to go here all the time. I am excited to see the changes they will implement when it is time for them to open up and i'm interested in the virtual queue system.

Jimmy "I LOVE KNOTT'S" Bo

Back to discussing Knott's Berry Farm...

As of today, additional locations at the Knott's California Marketplace have reopened with safety measures in place. A few more additional shops will open on June 12th and June 20th. This is great news!

https://www.knotts.com/explore/california-marketplace/marketplace-reopening

The park is currently replacing their iconic “K” logo on Sky Cabin. The new sign is going up today.

H/T @knottsnetwork and @themeparkaccess on IG.

0a20b4f3f9d0c15bce83569e1e08b018.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk