TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

That's the first I've heard of any park giving compensation for the park being closed. I imagine most parks will give perks of some sort for us not being able to use our already-purchased season passes for half the season, but it's a little easier for Knott's with their being year-round to just extend it. Good on them!

Disneyland is adding the amount of days closed to annual passes too. but i'm not sure how it will all work out with the different passes and blackout dates. with knott's, personally i won't gain anything since they are on the calendar year passes. only if i didn't renew. but with a 200 dollar platinum pass, i don't really care.

That's the first I've heard of any park giving compensation for the park being closed. I imagine most parks will give perks of some sort for us not being able to use our already-purchased season passes for half the season, but it's a little easier for Knott's with their being year-round to just extend it. Good on them!

If the park closes for two months, I would be happy if they delayed Boysenberry Festival to several weeks of the summer so they can jumpstart interest in the park and offer the pass holders a tasting card as a compensation option.

Besides Halloween, is there another event Knott's does in the Fall? I forget if they do something else.

Fall Season would be perfect for the Boysenberry Fest. Harvest time. Good eatin'. I'm sold!

Every park that was open in so cal has committed to extending passes and tickets.

I forgot to mention this after visiting Knott's last month, but when did HangTime get new seatbelts? I remember the release on the old seatbelts were very counter-intuitive and really slowed down loading. If I remember correctly, you had to press the buckle together before it would release.

However, I noticed the seatbelts were more traditional this time around so people were actually able to unbuckle them without any instruction from the operators.

Knott's just sent an email to passholders that all 2020 regular, gold, and platinum season passes will also be valid through the entirety of the 2021 season. I was not expecting them to extend them for that much additional time!

Knott's just sent an email to passholders that all 2020 regular, gold, and platinum season passes will also be valid through the entirety of the 2021 season. I was not expecting them to extend them for that much additional time!

i just deleted my post i was writing when i saw the email notification someone had commented. LOL

yeah, i was going to just accept 2020 as a lost value season. but to get 2021 in it's entirety is pretty awesome.

What a great move. I am thrilled about this.

Here is my question: does this apply to those who haven't purchased a pass yet? I wonder if somebody purchases a pass in, say, July... will that new pass be valid through 2021 as well?

I currently have a Gold Pass and am considering paying the difference to upgrade to Platinum since I may visit CP and KI this July. But of course, that trip could get canned if things are still a mess by then. It would be nice if my upgraded Platinum Pass remains valid and I can go in 2021 instead.

I would think they would offer this to all Platinum Passholders. Fingers crossed!

yeah, i'm curious if they will. i can understand if they don't because of the shorter operating seasons, but we'll see.

first time i'm glad i'm a knott's platinum passholder.

What a great move. I am thrilled about this.

Here is my question: does this apply to those who haven't purchased a pass yet? I wonder if somebody purchases a pass in, say, July... will that new pass be valid through 2021 as well?

I currently have a Gold Pass and am considering paying the difference to upgrade to Platinum since I may visit CP and KI this July. But of course, that trip could get canned if things are still a mess by then. It would be nice if my upgraded Platinum Pass remains valid and I can go in 2021 instead.

1270135463_ScreenShot2020-04-04at2_34_31PM.thumb.png.07947fc0f9eb377ed01b231a94b2ffc1.png

looks like it. if you purchase now, the expiration date is 12/31/21 pretty awesome deal.

Did it say anything about if you had the meal plan add on to your pass?

there is this line... "2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when our park is able to reopen"

the "if applicable" isn't clearly defined. but my guess is, food would be included. i guess we'll see.

This will be chain wide. No way they are going to have multiple Platinum passes or just have it apply to select parks. The description confirms it's across the chain.

Looking like 2020 may not happen at all or be very very late.

This is really cool for Knott's to do! But also, they only had a few choices, because they sell Season passes, not Annual Passes. Their system can't make a pass that expires on any other date other than December 31st.

So, either they say you don't get any reimbursement, get a whole extra year, or send you physical comp tickets as reimbursement. So, they made the only reasonable choice they could.

I wonder if new passes sold right now would be good through 2021? Hmmmm. Maybe this will generate some revenue for them!