TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I agree hit GhostRider first. That ride has had by far the longest wait in all my visits to Knott's. Make sure you ride it in the back.

The only other bad queue I've experienced is the front row for Xcelerator. It starts really far back in the line.

I also strongly recommend the fried chicken restaurant.

The Single Rider queue for GR is also hit and miss, depending on how long the regular line is. But definitely get one ride in first, on GhostRider.

And if you want to save a bit of food money, go to the Chicken To-Go spot in Marketplace. Same great Mrs. Knott's food, but less cost, and easy to eat in your hotel room. We split a three piece meal, added an extra piece, and then got something from the Bakery, right next door.

IMG_0864.JPG.0526d298cb726279c36a621d9e2725e6.JPG

All packed up neat and tidy for us. Extra fork included.

IMG_0865.JPG.8c07a818e08d2dda57cf6bf2051d6513.JPG

So - many - choices. (o;

^It wasn't always open when we were there. But you can actually check and find out, before entering the queue. Beside the (what I call) Loading Barn, there are stairs to the left of where the general queue goes inside it. And there's a SR sign above those stairs. And the Single Riders sign will either say Closed or Open. You'll be able to see it w/o having to enter the main queue, which you'll then have to do anyway to get to the SR stairs.

Hope this helps w/o sounding too confusing.

Knott's might be getting a new 2020 attraction from Triotech. There will be an announcement on Nov. 19th. This makes me a little worried about Mystery Lodge but hopefully, that fear is misdirected.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/10/23/knotts-berry-farm-drops-hints-about-new-attraction-for-100th-anniversary-celebration-in-2020/

"What does Knott’s Berry Farm have planned for its 100th anniversary celebration? Let the guessing game begin as the Buena Park theme park teases a new attraction for the 2020 season.

Knott’s and Triotech will make an announcement on Nov. 19 about a new attraction coming in 2020 that will once again pair the park with the ride maker behind the Voyage to the Iron Reef interactive dark ride.

A press conference is scheduled during the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions Expo 2019 in Florida with a tantalizing tagline: “Together with Knott’s Berry Farm, Triotech will announce a new attraction celebrating the park’s 100th anniversary.”

Knott’s Berry Farm will make an announcement soon, officials said."

I see this as one of two options:

1. A new dark ride or theater ride of some sort to replace Mystery Lodge.

2. A new theme, overlay, or revamp of Voyage to the Iron Reef.

I think they're both equally likely. Mystery Lodge closed earlier this year, which could be a sign. But given the 100th Anniversary celebration, re-theming Voyage to something like Bear-y Tales or Kingdom of the Dinosaurs to bring back a classic would be fitting as well. Exciting stuff!

I think they're both equally likely. Mystery Lodge closed earlier this year, which could be a sign. But given the 100th Anniversary celebration, re-theming Voyage to something like Bear-y Tales or Kingdom of the Dinosaurs to bring back a classic would be fitting as well. Exciting stuff!

Don't forget the 'VR Showdown in Ghost Town attraction closed recently.

That would be extremely disappointing if the attraction is in that small space.

Knott's is amping up for it's 100 yr anniversary.

I don’t think the world is ready for another massive Cedar Fair anniversary party. Our minds are still trying to process the pure awesomeness of the singing mushrooms and Cedar Point’s 150th anniversary boat ride. This is going to be a big one!

Edited by coasterbill

I don't know how small that space is but isn't there a new product from Mack/Trio-Tech that's an interactive darkride/flat ride specifically for a smaller space? I feel like I saw an ad or post for that recently on some kind of industry social media page, no idea if that's what this is but it looked like a fun concept.

Voyage isn't that old, compared to Bear-y Tales and Dinosaurs. So maybe an overlay of some kind would be better, rather than gutting it out and putting back one of the two previous incarnations of the dark ride.

Then after the year(+) Celebration is over, they could just put Voyage back to the way it was before.

Easy. There's also the opportunity to do a Knott's Ghost Town overlay on Voyage. A real shoot-em-up!

My 5 cents.

And something is eventually going to be done with Mystery Lodge. One assumes. One hopes.

IMG_2088.JPG.dd1ac5af51d392c4a449482b3e12ac6d.JPG

Hopefully something will happen with Mystery Lodge. (Sept.2016)

I don't know how small that space is but isn't there a new product from Mack/Trio-Tech that's an interactive darkride/flat ride specifically for a smaller space? I feel like I saw an ad or post for that recently on some kind of industry social media page, no idea if that's what this is but it looked like a fun concept.

It was put in a former lazer tag arena carved out from within their arcade on the boardwalk. Couldn't be more than 500sqft.

Heading to scary farm tomorrow (Saturday) night. Gonna arrive around 8:30 and get a fast pass. I know I'll likely be able to do everything, but just to be safe, which mazes usually get the longest lines and I should make sure I do first? Thanks!

Paranormal & Special Ops have the longest regular lines, but I don't know about FastPass lines. Good luck!

Quick question. How suicidal is it to do Scary Farm on Halloween night? It's a Thursday so I'm thinking it won't be too bad. It's my only chance to get to the event this year but if I'm gonna be in a sea of people all night I think I'll just wait until next year.