TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Is that Catawampus looking at that can can dancer "the wrong way?"

Not that I'm religious or anything, but I'm a bit surprised

they didn't include their little "Chapel By The Lake" there.

EDIT: But I do realize they had a small space to fill with as much Knott's stuff as possible.

Hello everyone! I’ll be attending attending Scary Farm for the first time. We have the VIP. We’ll be going on October 11th. We plan to hit the rides as well. I’m lookin for the best advice for what to hit first (haunted houses and rides), what to avoid, what not to miss, etc. I’m going with someone who has never been to the park before.

Pic unrelated.

17876E38-3D46-4D99-B850-9CDF046E0CB2.jpeg.8548664f67f5df9ffdf6ef2b466c2c83.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! I'm flying in on Thursday in the morning and won't be able to check in to my hotel until later in the afternoon. Does Knott's have large paid fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo if I want to store my backpack without carrying it around the park?

Yes, there are 1ockers of various sizes down by the Ghostrider station.

I haven't been on the Log Ride over the last few months on visits to the park. We finally got on this past weekend only to be disappointed by the new log design. They were filled with water and not draining properly and the new seats made it feel like my knees were just under my chin. My thighs were hugging seat-back in front of me to the point that it was slightly painful. Most logs had seating for 4 but they did have a few logs with only 3 seats allowing for a 'big boy' seat in the back. Does anyone know when and why they were changed?

IMAG3650.thumb.jpg.b77397fc88ef5eac56f415bd5375de65.jpg

Apologies for the out of focus pic, it was dark and the the log was in motion.

I don't love it, but I guess it's not much different than Dudley Do-Right's, right?

It doesn't matter for me anyway because I'll never ride this ride. Knott's takes it down for refurb whenever they hear that I'm coming to California. It's a conspiracy.

Edited by coasterbill

I’ve been to Knott’s 3 different times since they changed the log ride seats and I still haven’t ridden it, as it consistently has one of the longest lines in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on it twice during the week since the seat remodels and most of the logs were being dispatched with 2 people with an occasional 3 people, so it was taking a lot longer than normal. I am guessing the seat dividers added weight to the logs because they do take on more water during the drops. They were seating 2 people in the middle of the log with no attempts to join 2 parties of 2 together to make a log of 4 people.

I have been on it twice during the week since the seat remodels and most of the logs were being dispatched with 2 people with an occasional 3 people, so it was taking a lot longer than normal. I am guessing the seat dividers added weight to the logs because they do take on more water during the drops. They were seating 2 people in the middle of the log with no attempts to join 2 parties of 2 together to make a log of 4 people.

That's really disappointing to hear because this ride used to be very high capacity. Even with a long line, the wait rarely exceeded 30 minutes because the logs could fit up to 5 people. If they are only sending out logs with 2 people, it's going to absolutely kill the capacity and make for terrible wait times.

They were seating 2 people in the middle of the log with no attempts to join 2 parties of 2 together to make a log of 4 people.

Good, I hate when they do that sh*t on log flumes. I don't mind as much with seat dividers but still, I'm more than okay with this.

Edited by coasterbill

I don't love it, but I guess it's not much different than Dudley Do-Right's, right?

No. Nothing is as horrifically terrible as Dudley Do-Right's logs. If you're taller than 5'6" it's damn near impossible to even get seated, let alone actually getting the lap bar from hell into place. There are certain places the human body is not meant to go, and Dudley's logs are one of them.

They were seating 2 people in the middle of the log with no attempts to join 2 parties of 2 together to make a log of 4 people.

Good, I hate when they do that sh*t on log flumes. I don't mind as much with seat dividers but still, I'm more than okay with this.

Ever since I have gone to amusement parks as a teenager with guy friends; I have told the grouper "one person" on a log ride or the Disneyland Matterhorn and always got my own seat. Is there a park that makes you ride with someone else in your lap if you don't want to? Just tell them that your religion prevents you from sitting in another woman's/man's lap if they give you an issue.