TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I have to admit that coaster looks really cool on the roof of a hotel.

. . . said everyone who's ever purchased a ticket for "Manhattan Express/NY NY/Coaster" and immediately regretted doing so.

ny-ny-roller-coaster.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the following email from Knott's for an upcoming film shoot! If you are interested, follow the instructions below:

We are capturing photos and video on Sol Spin and we are in need of some riders. Ultimately we would like to have 6-10 volunteers who are able to ride Sol Spin multiple times to capture the different angles. Our filming is taking place Tuesday, March 19 – arrival by no later than 8:30 a.m. and we would conclude by 10 a.m. (park open). The volunteers would be invited to stay and enjoy the park for the rest of the day if they like. If you could have anyone interested email us at pr@knotts.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by robbalvey

^ Hope a bunch of people signed up, and will show up tomorrow.

I sure would, except for allllllll thissss dissssstance.

IMG_1898.JPG.0176b8ccd08a284d0f3f95801731a4eb.JPG

Plan to get another one of these, in Sept.'s visit.

Hey, so for some reason I live in California and haven't gone to Knott's Berry Farm yet. Because of this, I'm deciding to go for my first time. Any tips or useful advice?

Take note of this before you go (scroll down to scheduled ride closures). There are a lot of refurbishments going on right around now.

^This right here. Also, be sure to check both areas of the website that list ride closures. There is one which Coasterbill linked above under the hours of operation, and there is another under "Play" and "Scheduled Ride Closures" on the website. Yes, they have been different before. Last weekend when HangTime was closed, one listed it and the other didn't. So I would recommend looking at both.

As for attacking the park, get there at opening and go immediately to GhostRider. Even if it doesn't open immediately, wait for it to open. Then head to the back and do Xcelerator and HangTime. After that, it's all pretty much fair game. Weekends are obviously the busiest (especially once the Boysenberry Festival rolls around).

Ghostrider has a single rider line. Don’t be like me and buy a ticket at the gate only four hours before the park closes and then wait in line 2 hrs (!!!!) for Ghostrider (everything else in the park, including Xccelerator and Hangtime were only 20-30min waits btw), then only IMMEDIATLEY after getting off realize that there was a single rider line with a 5min wait the whole time.

God I felt stupid. I’m from MO and my decision to visit the park was brash and impulsive, as I just happened to be passing it one night and God only knows when I’ll be in LA again (afterall, it had been 10 yrs since my previous visit). I’d never been to Knotts before, so I was very anxious to go.

Overall, I had a pretty good night at Knott’s and got most everything I wanted done once plus an extra lap on Xcelerator as a nice bonus, but imagine if I had not wasted 2 hours in line for Ghostrider! Especially considering in the last hours before closing, the lines all cleared out to just about nothing for rides around the park, I would have gotten SO much more done.

I missed out of Jaguar though because it broke down while I was in the station and it was the last hour before closing. FUUUUUU

In the end, that’s life, but atleast Ghostrider is best wooden coaster I’ve been on bar El Toro / the RMCs, so better that I rode it than have never went to Knott’s.

This park needs more single rider lines.

^I've been hearing that SR line is new, and will only be used on heavily attended days. So there's no guarantee it'll be available.

But I do agree they need a few more SR lines, especially Hangtime and IR--it could be done really easily there, as those rides already have a grouper. Xcelerator would be nice as well, but I do understand it'd be a bit tougher to manage.

^I've been hearing that SR line is new, and will only be used on heavily attended days. So there's no guarantee it'll be available.

i was told the same thing one day i was there and hoping to use it. probably only when they have a grouper on busy days.

Ghostrider has a single rider line. Don’t be like me and buy a ticket at the gate only four hours before the park closes and then wait in line 2 hrs (!!!!) for Ghostrider (everything else in the park, including Xccelerator and Hangtime were only 20-30min waits btw), then only IMMEDIATLEY after getting off realize that there was a single rider line with a 5min wait the whole time.

God, that's a long wait. Plus a single rider with only 5 minutes? That's insane! I want to get a quick response from you guys before I order, though. Is the Knott's Classic package worth it? I really don't want to be scammed (like another park did; hint, hint ), so I want you guys' thoughts. I'm going with my parents and sister, in case you need to know that.

Yes, worth it. Knott's hotel is generally a good price for a hotel of that quality anyway. The package essentially gives you a discount on all the components. I always prefer the sort of package that discounts things you were going to buy anyway rather than the sort that tries to package in extra things. Sounds like you're in that same place.

Add to the above, Knott's Hotel runs (still runs?) a pretty accurate and easy shuttle to the Disney Resort, too. You put your reserves in advance at the front desk with the driver, in between his scheduled drives. Pretty easy I found it.

And it's a free service too, so don't forget to tip your driver! Ours was wonderful with little stories about all the parks. Stuff I had never heard, before! And I am a dedicated OLD Disney Parks Geek, too!

IMG_2181.JPG.162c8b79de1f1fa2660a6603ef48c242.JPG

Me and The Snoop in the Hotel Lobby! He visits you, REAL ~ EARLY! (o:

It is a good week to visit Knott's for the Boysenberry festival. I visited the park on April 9, Tue for a few hours and got to try some of the Boysenberry items. The food was good and there were no lines except for Ghostrider, Log Ride, and the front row of Xcelerator, and I would place each of those at approx 30 minutes. The food stands and other rides might have a 5-minute wait. I checked the park cams today and the park also appears dead compared to the last couple of weeks.

It is a good week to visit Knott's for the Boysenberry festival. I visited the park on April 9, Tue for a few hours and got to try some of the Boysenberry items. The food was good and there were no lines except for Ghostrider, Log Ride, and the front row of Xcelerator, and I would place each of those at approx 30 minutes. The food stands and other rides might have a 5-minute wait. I checked the park cams today and the park also appears dead compared to the last couple of weeks.

I was there yesterday as well (first visit this year, and local schools / colleges are all back in session), but the longest wait I had was 10 mins for the log ride. Ghost Rider, Xcelerator, and Hang Time were all walk-ons for much of the afternoon/evening with the occasional one-or-two-train wait. Definitely a good time of year to visit!

Also, Ghost Rider operations were great. They seem to have fixed that stupid brake run issue, and trains were rolling right back into the station just as the next one was leaving. It's also lost some of the retrack's initial smoothness but seems to be running as it should right now — aggressive and thrilling, but without the violence of the pre-retrack years.