TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Coast Rider - Apple Zapple at KD with stupid restraints.

I know this is an old post but after finally riding it on Saturday I really just want an excuse to sh*t on this ride so I'm bumping it. This is an insult to Apple Zapple.

Did this park spend actual money on Coast Rider or did Mack just break into the park in the middle of the night one night and set it up as a practical joke? Apple Zapple is fun, Coast Rider sucks. If Coast Rider were any slower it would be going backwards. I seriously thought someone was going to have to climb up and push. Everyone complains about the restraints and I agree that they're really dumb but this would probably still be the worst wild mouse on the planet even without them. It's a miracle that it ever makes it back to the station and that any of the riders ever come back awake. This ride makes Goofy's Sky School next door look like Intimidator 305 by comparison.

Yeah, Coast Rider. I was having an amazing day. My flight was on time, I made it from Chicago to Knott's in 5 hours, I had just gotten off Timber Mountain, and I didn't think anything could knock the smile off my face. I sat down expecting a normal wild mouse and the lap bar came down and we dispatched so quickly I wasn't able to escape. What a sh*tty experience for a normally unoffensive ride type.

cr.thumb.JPG.0c03407cbd4f3f63257b5844acd18fa5.JPG

I hated it.

Yeah, Coast Rider. I was having an amazing day. My flight was on time, I made it from Chicago to Knott's in 5 hours, I had just gotten off Timber Mountain, and I didn't think anything could knock the smile off my face. I sat down expecting a normal wild mouse and the lap bar came down and we dispatched so quickly I wasn't able to escape. What a sh*tty experience for a normally unoffensive ride type.

I liked Wildcat...

Help!! It looks like GhostRider, Revolucion, and Calico Mine Train are closed on the weekdays during my visit, but are open on Saturday/Sunday. Is it worth switching a Wednesday at KBF to a Sat/Sun with much higher crowds? Here is the current itinerary:

Mon: Six Flags Magic Mountain

Tue: Six Flags Magic Mountain

Wed: Knott's

Thu: Disney California Adventure

Fri: Disneyland

Sat: Disney California Adventure

Sun: Disneyland

Quick correction, it's the Calico Railroad that will be closed and not the Calico Mine Train.

^ Thanks for the correction. Still, for GhostRider alone, it's worth switching the days.

IMG_1934.JPG.d5fc84a9864dce685efd6e5eb0525d43.JPG

The night before I went to Knott's, before attending WCB. Sept.09-2016

IMG_1933.JPG.2b65e3aa848444636a1fa459902b3f15.JPG

EDIT: One more pic wouldn't hurt. Same night. Same trip.

^ Thanks for the correction. Still, for GhostRider alone, it's worth switching the days.

Agreed.

Agree with the above posts, GhostRider is an absolute must. Just make sure you are there at opening and make it your first ride of the day because it will get to be a 90-120 min wait in no time. I usually hit it up first thing and then get in line again about 15-20 minutes before park closing. The re-tracking was a huge success and it absolutely flies through the course now.

Yeah, it was fun. I'm happy it's open because it would be so easy for them to close it for construction right now as a convenient budget cut. The exit path is a mess right now.

As for Timber Mountain, it's 2 weeks over on it's refurb. I had a one week cushion but it wasn't enough. We still had a lot of fun at the park though.

• 2 weeks later...

I visited Knott's and nothing is new on the rapids construction and it looks like the railroad tracks washed out again in the recent heavy rains. Knott's has replaced the taco restaurant near the hat dance in Fiesta Village with a new hot dog place. The location is on the dining plan.

"Whether you are in the mood for a good ole classic hot dog or looking to spice it up a bit, you’ve come to the right place! Fiesta Dogs has a delicious selection of all beef hot dogs, dressed up baked potatoes, as well as beer and wine including craft beers, import cans, and Michelada. Feeling adventurous? Try the Spicy Sausage with jalapenos or the Mexican Dog with bacon and peppers, just to name a few. Like your baked potato plain? No problem. Like your baked potato dressed with bacon, chili, peppers, onions, and cheese? We’ve got that too. Kids’ dog, chips, and a Vegan dog area also available. With seating in the nearby plaza, Fiesta Dogs is the perfect place to grab a meal and enjoy the festive environment of Fiesta Village. Gluten-free bun is also available upon request. Fiesta Dogs is a quick service location in Fiesta Village between the rides La Revolucion and Hat Dance.

Dining Plan Options

Plain All Beef Hot Dog

Chili Cheese Dog

Mexican Dog with bacon and peppers

Bratwurst with sauerkraut

Spicy Sausage with jalapenos

Foot Long All Beef Dog with peppers and onions

Vegan Dog on a bed of peppers and onions

All hot dogs served with choice of chips or baked potato."

20190220_111224.thumb.jpg.c751c45d10ef2ab11e8db58f9ee5846a.jpg

Nothing new at the rapids ride yet

20190220_111249.thumb.jpg.7057875921819c6ca75a4583d3ac429c.jpg

20190220_111331.thumb.jpg.17f5c6e0d32a8f6b93df4bebdd9cea95.jpg

20190220_121137.thumb.jpg.441ab87e908309075ad020a4001b0b7b.jpg

Railroad track missing by the roundhouse

20190220_122615.thumb.jpg.309dafb25b8ba4a7cfb9d927cb7dc1c4.jpg

Railroad track missing by the roundhouse

The new TRANS STUDIO theme parks under-construction in Indonesia are shaping up to be truly iconic! Check out these incredible photos of the former Knott's Berry Farm Boomerang perched on a ledge seven stories above Cibubur!

Photo Credit: @marks_seven_product

(Posted on Legacy Entertainment's Facebook page)

53006161_10156890503679333_6302220038447300608_o.thumb.jpg.3317011da9b8acd544dd27c6ee6853ac.jpg